enhancement keybinds

hello everyone. i have been playing resto shaman for about a year now and still love it. for my OS i started of with elemental but found it kinda boring after a while (no offence to anyone ) so i picked enhancement as my os just to play around with windfury in hc's. i am planning on taking this spec more seriously but i have a problem with keybinding all skills that i need to use like SS, LB, magma totem, wolves, shocks, shield, ... i pers don't like having 2 hands on my keyboard.

so thats my story,now the question. if it's not to much trouble can you guys give me some tips for keybinding all those spells? I have Stormstrike on 1, Lavalash on 2,shock on 3, LB on 4, shield on 5. thats about the furthest i can reach. (have small hands is a curse .)

all comments can help. (sorry for bad grammar, not native speaking )

10+ Year Old Account
    ...sim it!....sry a bit of enh humor lol

but what i do is use near by buttons (F,R,E,G,and my middle mouse button) but ive heard of some people using shift modifiers and the F Keys (F1,F2 and so on) hope that helps a bit

Don't forget about all of the keys around ur wasd cluster, and the very handy shift key. I personally use 1-5, c,f,g,h,r,t, and also shift1-4, q,e,a,d,s,w,v,f,g,h,r,t. The shift key is really a very useful tool. Oh and i remember seeing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WOUwxwz93k by swifty, who is an amazing pvp warrior. of course you wont have all the mouse buttons he has, but its a good little tutorial.

My tip would be to use RDFG for movement and then use all buttons around it for your spells. (yes i mean all of them, you will find enough spells in your spellbook, believe me^^) I additionaly use a program that changes keys on the mouse and use my middle mousebutton as shift.
    My primary attatcks are bound to the mousewheel. It takes a while to get used to it, but it rocks, you could even use the altmodifier to even add one more layer.(i use it for push to talk)
    Ahh and one last tip, use the numberbuttons only for spells with casttime which aren't frequently used, so you can move and use your skills without braeking your fingers (for example S for Lightning and A for lets say Bloodlust).

Please excuse any typos or grammarerrors, its late here and english is not my first language.

Ctrl + Alt are win buttons too.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Cooldowns, like wolves dont NEED to be keybinded, get an addon wich shows its cooldown, and click it, or have it on a key far away, dosent matter THAT much since its on a that "long" cooldown, besides, there isent that many skills.

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Cooldowns, like wolves dont NEED to be keybinded, get an addon wich shows its cooldown, and click it, or have it on a key far away, dosent matter THAT much since its on a that "long" cooldown, besides, there isent that many skills.
    :O
    I disagree.

On Live, I use around 13 keybinds for my Shaman, I think (Yeah, kinda low, I know. I'm trying to improve, but it's hard if you don't want to use shift/strg-modifiers)

buttons 1-6, F1-F6, Q,E, Mousebuttons 4,5.
    This is a good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Hm.. in PvE that might be true, but in Pvp it is not good at all. Especialy if your mousecontrol isn't that good. I would hate to tell my teamy we died, because i misclicked.

For Enhancement I use 1-5, Q, R, and F, with all the long CDs bound on alt-1 to alt-5. Since my thumb is pretty much per default on my alt-key, I have nearly no problems to get enough keybinds :>

My keybinds:
    1 - Lava Lash
    2 - SS
    3 - Lightning bolt
    4 - Magma totem
    5 - FS/ES cast sequence
    6 - Shamanistic Rage
    CTRL+1 - Hex
    CTRL+2 - Purge
    CTRL+3 - Chain Lightning
    CTRL+4 - Fire nova
    CTRL+5 - Wind Shear
    CTRL+6 - Feral Spirit
    "Y" - Call of the Elements
    "G" - Rocket boots
    "F" - Grenade
    "T" - Cure Poison
    "Middle mouse" (*as resto only* setup as a mouse-over w/ clique) - Cleanse Spirit
    Mouse button 4 (Side button) - Lightning shield
    CTRL+ Mouse button 4 - Ghost Wolf
    Mouse button 5 (side button - Assist current target

Really, it's all what your comfortable with. Try using modifier macro's so you aren't moving your hands all over the place. I could stuff more keybinds in there but I have large hands and "Shift/alt+something else" is SUPER awkward and uncomfortable. I just roll the side of my hand onto "control" for all my modifiers. Hope this helps.

Check out this thread from a few weeks ago. It might help answer your questions

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/744155-Keeping-your-actionbars-clean

Personally, I went and bought a Belkin n52te just for my Enhancement spec. Works awesome and makes it a little easier to move about while still attacking.

1 - SS
    2 - Lava Lash
    3 - LB
    4 - CL
    R - wind shear
    Shift 1 - pve totems
    shift 2 - magma
    ctrl + V fire nova
    ctrl + F - ghost wolf
    x - shock sequence

shift mouse wheel click - shamanistic rage
    mouse wheel 4 - spirit wolves
    mouse wheel 3 - herojism

If you for whatever reason you can't bring yourself to get http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418900, the Naga, there are a lot of ways into sneaking in extra spells.

Modifier keys are going to be your friend. My personal favorite is Alt, but if you like shift or ctrl use those instead. You can use them in 2 different ways. First you could set up additional key bindings. have some buttons as alt+1 or such. This works really well for adding depth to your movement keys as well. Example: alt+q/w/e and more.

Or you could add them in via macros as we modifier. Suppose you have 3 as your Lightning Bolt spell, you could add a modifier macro such that alt+3 is chain lightning instead.

Please note you must use one or the other in this case, a modifier macro on button 3 using alt while there is a key binding for alt+3 will not work. It will go to the key binding and ignore the macro.

So whichever path you choose, I would suggest making it sensible. Like before if Lightning Bolt is 3, then add a modifier and it's Chain Lightning. Other sensible pairs would be... Flame Shock or Earth Shock; Lightning Shield or Water Shield (yeah last one isn't that important); Magma Totem or Fire Nova; Storm Strike or Lava Lash; and whatever else makes sense to you.

Modifier keys are win as they effectively double your number of keys with just using alt. You can add in even more with Ctrl or shift. You could essentially bind all shocks to one key and then use the modifiers to toggle between (3 = Earth Shock, alt+3 = Flame Shock, ctrl+3 = Frost Shock, shift+3 = Wind Shear). The biggest thing is going to be finding out what's most comfortable for you to use. Also if you do have a 'fancy' mouse, you might be able to bind alt/ctrl/shift to one of the spare buttons via the drivers for the mouse.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to use 1 through 0 and f1 through f 12 with [,],\ for trinkets and such.

I also make sure my most used spells are on the 6 key and then I spread them out depending on how little I use each. For example..

1=Chain Lightning 2=magma totem, 3= Fame Shock 4= Earhtshock 5= Lava lash 6= Stormstrike 7= (cant remember..) 8= Lightning shield 9= ghost wolves etc etc.

keeps it some I can react the same for pretty much all my spells as opposed to starting from the left side and haveing to move all the way to the other side of the keyboard (that time matters!).

here ya go here's a pic to show you my keybindings, I have a macro that does heroism with a speed pot that I click, and I also click fire elemental. Just because those are my biggest cooldowns and I wouldn't want to accidently use them at the wrong time.

Just to clarify, my shift-3 is sham rage macro, Sham rage + engineer gloves
    5 is my Flame shock/earth shock macro, 1:1 ratio.
    Shift + 5 is my rocket boots, and shift + 1 is to late my totems down.

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    I have a macro that does heroism with a speed pot that I click
    Assuming you pre-pot, I find it more useful to bind it to Shamanistic Rage.