Thread: Those buffs..

Those buffs..

I scrapped a few paragraphs because I felt it was too long.

Anyways, do you think the buff in ICC will be reimplemented in later raids?

I was writing a few paragraphs about how in vanilla and TBC it was hard to gear because heroics took long, and raids required gear from heroics (as far as I am concerned), and when I came back to WoW in April, I found out epics were easy to obtain. It was easy to gear, boring, but it was easy. I was able to raid an endgame raid that I have never done before. Made me feel accomplished because I dont have time to raid 3-4 nights a week for 3-4 hours. A casual guy can raid content that realm-first'ers are raiding. Granted, different modes, but still.

Those buffs helped me raid endgame content, as Im sure it helped manyyyy others. Think they will be implemented?

inb4 cata will not hand out free lewtz to you nub
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did the same thing with BT near the end of TBC. The buff is designed to allow non-serious people to see end game content. So yes, it will be implemented... eventually.
    I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just smarter than you.

Wasn't SWP buff just stamina? Thought so atleast. Coulda missed something in the tooltip
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfed the bosses health by 30%.

Too hard before? Or just made it easier
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

nerfing bosses health by 30% is virtually the same as increasing our health/damage/healing by 30%

We will see it again for end game content, namely Deathwing. You won't see it before then because gear resets will act as the nerf. If, Naxx...scratch that. If Ulduar was too tough, you could wait until you could get T9 badge gear to plow through Ulduar. Same thing for ToC with T10 gear being available. But, by the time you acquired T10 if you weren't doing progression raiding, the buff was big enough to give anyone a good shot at ICC.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Yep. And thats why I liked it. I skipped through most content because all of my ilvls were 232 a few weeks into hitting 80 on my death knight and my main, this guy. Im guessssing though is that I can run heroics to get current content gear though, right? I mean, didnt they say something about having that option before?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    No doubt we will see nerfs and increases of our stats in more content.. just so more people can experience the content..

The buff is designed to allow non-serious people to see end game content. So yes, it will be implemented... eventually.

Did the whole giving everyone awesome gear by grinding 5 mans and skipping tiers not make that easy enough for you? jesus christ, give you an inch and you take a mile.

I dislike the buff a lot. I just get a bad taste in my mouth when I down something with a 20% buff to my damage and barely pull it off, when it's been done very easily by a team with NO buff at all.

I see why they do it, and agree this probably makes more money, but I personally want it gone for my own play.

Quote Originally Posted by BeBattey View Post
    I dislike the buff a lot. I just get a bad taste in my mouth when I down something with a 20% buff to my damage and barely pull it off, when it's been done very easily by a team with NO buff at all.

I see why they do it, and agree this probably makes more money, but I personally want it gone for my own play.
    Then just talk to the guy at the start and don't use it?

The reason the buff was implemented was to not repeat the same "mistake" they did with the level 60 version of Naxx, where only ~5% of all guilds (if even that) were able to kill any boss in there. They want to make raiding accesible to anyone, but yet keep it challenging for hardcore guilds trough hardmodes.

Normal ICC is easily clearable now by the most casual of guilds, but they will not progress far in heroic ICC.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Yes I know, but that'd be unrealistic with the goals of the team. Goal of the team is to raise in the server ladder, the percentage being there or not isn't logged, so in order to compete fair with the guilds around us, we have to have it on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the buff. It only increases stats and therefore lowers gear requirements.

People that suck will still wipe in Cindy because they placed an iceblock in the group. No buff in the world would prevent that wipe.
    Most of the "harder" bosses have mechanics that are dangerous regardless of you HP/DPS/HPS, because it's pretty much an instant wipe, or very close to it.
    (failed bites on bql, switching on adds on PP/DBS, Blocks on Cindy and pretty much the whole LK fight)