What's the resto Druid rotation?

Hi I have recently dual specced resto and u was wondering what should my rotation be in a five man instance. Also I would like to know what my rotation should be in a 10 and. 25 man raid.

Healers don't have rotations, they have reactions.

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 06:11 AM ----------

A slightly more helpful answer behind this link

Or try this one on for size
    Last edited by Holywood; 2010-08-13 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    10mans: keep rejuv on whole raid, WG on melee when needed and have a regrowth and nourish ready to help the tank healer (in case he gets spike or something).

Depending in your haste situation you should be able to keep rejuv on around 14 targets. I usually coordinate it with the other raidhealer that I take group 1 & 2 and then keep rejuv on them. *always* WG on melee since they are close to eachother. Don't care much about tanks in 25s since you will often run with 4 healers. Let the holy paladin heal the tank

In 5mans: well, rejuv and regrowth on the tank, 3x lifebloom on him aswell. Rejuv on the group if needed (like the flame thingy from 2nd boss in OK). however, if you're 80 we overhear the heroics by massive amounts. I usually just throw a rejuv in the tank if he's icc geared.

Hope it helped

Healers do not have rotations, we have an arrangement of spells that do different things in different situations. Its also something that you need to learn by yourself tbh. My advice (especially as your new to healing) would be to read all the tooltips on, Rejuv, Regrowth, Nourish, Lifebloom, Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Remove curse and abolish poison.

Then step into a 5 man normal instance and heal away. Gradually working up to 5 man HC's and then 10 man lower tier (Ony, Toc) to get used to the raid environment. Its a whole new curve on the game if you've never healed before, you need to learn it on your own i'm afraid.

read the resto druid sticky at the top of the forum

I don't think there is any true healing rotation besides the VDW one for Resto Shaman.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

5x Rejuvenation 1x Wild Growth
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    10mans: keep rejuv on whole raid, WG on melee when needed and have a regrowth and nourish ready to help the tank healer (in case he gets spike or something).

Depending in your haste situation you should be able to keep rejuv on around 14 targets. I usually coordinate it with the other raidhealer that I take group 1 & 2 and then keep rejuv on them. *always* WG on melee since they are close to eachother. Don't care much about tanks in 25s since you will often run with 4 healers. Let the holy paladin heal the tank

In 5mans: well, rejuv and regrowth on the tank, 3x lifebloom on him aswell. Rejuv on the group if needed (like the flame thingy from 2nd boss in OK). however, if you're 80 we overhear the heroics by massive amounts. I usually just throw a rejuv in the tank if he's icc geared.

Hope it helped
    Me disagrees. And this is what cataclysm is trying to fight to.

9/10 fights are rejuv spam + WG + swiftmend/nourish when in trouble.
    If you should have time, hot the tanks.
    THIS IS CAPSCITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Holywood View Post
    Healers don't have rotations, they have reactions.
    This. Basically start out with some 5 mans. Don't try stepping straight into a Heroic ICC 5 man though, especially H HoR. That instance even gives seasoned healers a rough time. Keep rejuv up on the tank at all times, and rejuv/wild growth on the party as needed.

In raids, keep rejuv up on EVERYONE and Wild Growth melee as you need to. I try and keep rejuv and regrowth up on the tank at all times. Let three stacks of Lifebloom bloom on the tank also. Swiftmend+Healing Touch or Nourish as you need it on the tanks.

5mans, Hot's + hurricane clear casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joseluis View Post
    Saying you disagree and not say why makes for a pointless post.

Though it's boring and takes little to no skill, in most 25 situations, esp in pugs, this is exactly what you will and should be doing. It's easy and every druid that has ever raided knows it and it pretty much is a rotation, because that's how druids are made right now.

It's easy to know how to play a class when pretty much every player to a certain point does the same thing. Once you step into later HMs is when things get to start changing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone have the slight feeling this is a troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Step one: Make sure you are aware who the tank is
    Step two: When he pulls, mark all the dps with symbols, so they can be recognised
    Step three: Heavily analyse every spell in the spellbook to see which is the most useful
    Step four: Decide on Healing Touch, (Big cast = Big heals, Amirite)
    Step five:Wait for the tank to get really really low HP, so you dont waste the heal
    Step six; Once the tank dies from lack of healing, BLAME IT ON LAG AUUUUGUGH
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by joseluis View Post
    Cataclysm is trying to fight it precisely because it is generally the right thing to do in wrath. Is it perfect play, no - but it's a solid starting point.

If you want to be skillful healer, just watch what happens and use good heals, no sense wasting reju on single blow on raid member if you can nourish in same time Also no sense in covering raid with hots only for occasional damage, I prefer to use lotsa haste+rapid reju glyph... works mircales sometimes;P but don't forget your other spells, hard to say anything, WLK really requires no skill from healers...

If you wanna be just like everyone else, "OMG look @ GS!! it's over 6k, kai?", just cover raid with reju and spam WG each CD...
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2010-09-22 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    If you want to be skillful healer, just watch what happens and use good heals, no sense wasting reju on single blow on raid member if you can nourish in same time Also no sense in covering raid with hots only for occasional damage, I prefer to use lotsa haste+rapid reju glyph... works mircales sometimes;P but don't forget your other spells, hard to say anything, WLK really requires no skill from healers...

If you wanna be just like everyone else, "OMG look @ GS!! it's over 6k, kai?", just cover raid with reju and spam WG each CD...
    Pretending your better than anyone because you think the simple RJx5/wg is bad then you're just as bad.

Even as GC said, sometimes there are certain mechanics that should be used, no matter how easy. When all top 100 druids use RJx5/wg on most HM fights there is a reason. People like to pretend that "rotation" is bad, but all the top druids say hi.

Does it take any skill? None whatsoever. Will it give you the most healing output on all but what, 2-3 of the fights? Yes, it will.

here it is, rejuv, regrowth, nourish, nourish, nourish by then the dungeon is over enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druids have no real rotation, it's more of a "what if" game.

it was: Regrowth + rejuv as your base on tanks and any firehumping DPS, then applying wildgrowth for small spot damage and swiftmend for small tank damage/medium-high DPS damage, with tossing nourishes out where needed on DPS/tanks, while keeping all HoTs up. (and healing touch + nature's swiftness as your OSHIT)

and for raid healing it WAS rejuv all and cast wild growth whenever up, nourish as needed, repeat

it will be: rejuv (on bosses lifebloom x3 and nourish to keep it up), the firehumpers once IN the fire, wild growth if you'd have to cast more than 4 new rejuvs, swiftmend on the tank when needed, and nourish for medium to high damage on tanks. Regrowth tanks with high damage, then follow up with a nourish OR toss a healing touch out if you're conserving mana.

and for raid healing it will be similar, but rejuv both tanks at all times, rejuv dps in danger, cast wild growth only for people already unHoTed; and regrowth tanks during heavy damage.
    Last edited by Nourish; 2010-09-23 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added raid healing

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    no sense wasting reju on single blow on raid member if you can nourish in same time
    Actually there is - rejuv heals for more than nourish, rejuv permits a subsequent swiftmend, rejuv buffs a subsequent nourish while nourish doesn't buff a subsequent rejuv.

In fact there is no point casting nourish on an non-hotted target unless there's an appreciable risk of them being dead before you could follow it with a nourish if it was needed. If swiftmend is up, even that isn't true.