Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend coming back as warriors are definentally viable, have been for a long time and if you're thinking about specs, 1H and 2H fury is going to be good and arms may make a pve comeback. Also rage is being normalized in warriors so they won't be able to spam cleave or heroic stike which lead to their OPness which makes them more skillful. For your healing friends mana is actually becoming somewhat a thing you have to manage in cataclysm rather than what it is currently in live and healers are going to have to think about what spells they cast more because of this and because of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiax View Post
    ... but classes were absolutely terrible. The game lost its deepness - in that fact you had to think to play. For me, there are two Blizzards: the excellent zone/quest/etc... Blizz and the the rather poor class designed Blizz.
    You mean, there is the great zone/quest/ect blizzard, and Ghostcrawler?

No don't come back games been deleted just wait for their new mmo

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdithinkimguna HNNNG View Post
    Idk what you're talking about Warriors are the most OP class since the beginning of WoW.
    You must be playing a different game...

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by army1237 View Post
    I'd recommend coming back as warriors are definentally viable, have been for a long time and if you're thinking about specs, 1H and 2H fury is going to be good and arms may make a pve comeback. Also rage is being normalized in warriors so they won't be able to spam cleave or heroic stike which lead to their OPness which makes them more skillful. For your healing friends mana is actually becoming somewhat a thing you have to manage in cataclysm rather than what it is currently in live and healers are going to have to think about what spells they cast more because of this and because of the situation.
    There actually going to break rage...you saying heroic strike/cleave spam made them OP? You have no clue about the warrior class then

10+ Year Old Account
    Hybrids > all
    Paladins and Shamans > all

Quote Originally Posted by Archmonduu View Post
    You mean, there is the great zone/quest/ect blizzard, and Ghostcrawler?
    Hee hee. Pretty much. As they say in engineering: "the speed of a system is defined by its slowest essential part". I guess the depth of the game is defined by Ghostcrawler!

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by army1237 View Post
    That is good news. Thank you. I wouldn't go as far as to say Warriors are OP, but the rage mechanic definitely needs work: perhaps removed altogether or normalized. Does this mean that rage will be more set to white damage or based on a recovery over time logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiax View Post
    Hee hee. Pretty much. As they say in engineering: "the speed of a system is defined by its slowest essential part". I guess the depth of the game is defined by Ghostcrawler!
    Really, what's up with this community and the GC hate? He's a guy working a job, just like most of you, though I'd bet a fair sum of gold that he's more passionate than most employees considering how much time that guy puts in.

It's in their best interest to make the game as epic as possible. QQ'ing over something one of the Devs did is akin to passing final judgement without hearing all the facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    There are a couple main things that really made original WoW difficult of which can never we revoked:

(1) Third party sites are much more responsive and dedicated.

(2) The general knowledge of the playerbase has increased due to statement 1.

Most people don't really think much about this, but back in the day, most things about raiding were relatively vague (and as Blackriver said, even the devs were a bit "Uhm... okay, how about this!?" in many cases), whereas now you have places like tankspot that will have boss strats up before the patch is even out.

All and all, the game is not more simplistic, the devs have only gotten better, it's just the community is getting better right along side them, biting them in the ass.

For those who want a "thinker" boss, it will never really happen unless you avoid looking at any WoW related sites. The "thinker" portion will hopefully come from the new reforging/revised talents/major glyphs (medium glyphs).

We can't really say much till everything is finalized at release, and we sadly won't see anything about the new glyphs till they sort of the talent trees, so I just keep my hopes at the mid-ground for now.

So very true. I say with sadness

Quote Originally Posted by Nayt View Post
    Really, what's up with this community and the GC hate? He's a guy working a job, just like most of you, though I'd bet a fair sum of gold that he's more passionate than most employees considering how much time that guy puts in.

It's in their best interest to make the game as epic as possible. QQ'ing over something one of the Devs did is akin to passing final judgement without hearing all the facts.
    I think most of us just see the end results. It reeks of incompetence and a lack of forward thinking. The simple act of directly having +defense, +crit, etc... in the weapon stats, is evidence that they never considered the corner they were painting themselves into.

It also reminds me of the disastrous "zombie event" from the LK launch. I don't know if that was "Ghostcrawled", but it showed a clear lack of planning and intellectual shallowness.

So, if he is the head of class design - the buck stops with him. If it fails, he fails. If the company retains his services, it fails.