Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How do I decide which class I want to be?

I think I am in a dilemma. You see, me and some few friends have decided to create guild once Cataclysm launches. The guild will do 10 mans raiding, so we think that might make it more fun and personal. The team so far consists of a:

1. Protection Warrior
    2. DPS Rogue
    3. Discipline/Holy Priest
    4. Tank (haven't decided what class to be yet)
    5. Healer (haven't decided what class to be yet)

I am the healer, but I have no clue about which healing class I should choose. I know how each and every healer looks like in Cataclysm (so far), but I think that they are all so interesting (except for Druids) that I can't decide which one I shall choose. I always change my mind, and I hate it. I just want to be satisfied around one thing, but I am afraid of that I might choose something I hate. What would suite me more, and the guild? Isn't all healer classes close in the way they are healing in Cataclysm? How do I setup my mind and just focus around that one thing? Help <'3

Some things I like/dislike:
    • I love having a big healing spell arsenal, where spells needs to be used at the right times for maximum effectivenes (aoe, cooldown, using spell x, to improve/unlock spell y).
    • I like instant spells, since it gives me more mobility, and gives me a feeling of being fast.
    • I like having extra abilities, that might prove useful and gives me a unique role inside the raid.
    • I like responsability (well, that's why I am a healer).
    • I hate spamming the same spell over and over, makes everything so boring.

Priest has one advantage in that it has two healing specs, so even if you're always healing you can (in theory) swap around how you're playing the class.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    • I love having a big healing spell arsenal, where spells needs to be used at the right times for maximum effectivenes (aoe, cooldown, using spell x, to improve/unlock spell y).
    • I like instant spells, since it gives me more mobility, and gives me a feeling of being fast.
    • I like having extra abilities, that might prove useful and gives me a unique role inside the raid.
    • I like responsability (well, that's why I am a healer).
    • I hate spamming the same spell over and over, makes everything so boring.
    Your list suggests you should play a DPS or Tank.

Shaman definately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Only you can really decide what class to pick. It is very hard to tell others what class they should be.

I can name myself as a example. I was told over and over 'Bea hunter , it is perfect for you' So I made a hunter, and played it, I had some fun, and the class is lovely. But somehow it was not the righ thing for me in the long run.

I was also told by most people I had met ingame and RL that 'Dont ever roll a warrior, it is not your thing. And you could never tank on one it is to hard for you'

Well, now I am playing a prot warrior, and love it.

I guess what I am trying to say, is, roll what you want most, dont worry about what is needed/wanted by others. In a 10 man guild, I am sure whatever healer class you roll, it will be good. And also it is more important that you have fun with it, you wont like healing as a class others pick.

I am not a native english speaker. Apologies for grammatical and spelling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    Your list suggests you should play a DPS or Tank.
    But his avatar suggest he would prefer a healer. oooooOOOOOooooh!

You should be a Druid. They are more interesting than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    Magic makes everything radioactive so if you drink water that hasn't been purified by a vendor, you get a stacking DoT debuff called Cancer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There =/= Their =/= They're; Where =/= Were =/= We're

Well, in Cataclysm resto druids actually sound the most fun for me

Paladin or Shaman. Lots of uniqueness and instants.

Deleted
    Easy. level each class to lvl20. i did. ofc i lost a lot of time. but i play the class i love

I'd say Paladin. Sure, they are one-spell spammers right now, but in Cataclysm they will have a lot more healing spells. Plus, if you like, you can always go DPS or Tanking as off-spec.

So I suggest a Paladin.

Paladins will have a lot of instants in Cata and are shaping up to be fun healers, however if you will happen to not like the paladin you'll be screwed as far as healing goes. Priests have two healing trees which play pretty differently. Paladins play pretty differently now, so if you're going to level now don't take the current experience as an indication of what it's going to be like.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to choose Warrior,make sure that you are ready to face a pale future.Warrior Tank used to be indispensable,but now they seems to be optional....
    And,ghostcrab always want to explain the changes for warrior,but I can't understand what he is talking about...So my friend and I always say Warrior is Coooooool...
    Last edited by Dfgs; 2010-08-13 at 03:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the posts. But I still can't make up my mind :S

15+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking shaman or paladin,to me I am not liking the druid changes and it seems like a shamanistic expansion, they are getting new,nice and pretty things. GO paladin if you ever also thinking about tanking:}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    From what you've described of your likes and dislikes I would say a Priest. Probably Holy. I think you would like the new Chakra, it looks really nice and right up your alley.

Healer or tank, you'll gaer up much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy pally. super fast spamming with utility on the side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g

But seriously, sounds like you would enjoy a Holy Paladin come cataclysm, right now they mostly just spam Holy Light, but in cataclysm they get the new Holy Power system, which is gonna shake up the healing a bit.