Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    Until we see how they change the stats on Shadowmourne to reflect the new way, we won't know for sure.

BUT the way it looks right now, there is an 81 blue sword (I'm sure someone will link it here eventually) that appears to blow it away
    It'll be haste and crit now, everything with crit and ARP, the ARP will turn into haste. If it's Haste and ArP, it'll turn into crit.

http://cata.wowhead.com/item=49623

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    lorewise, shadowmourne doesn't exist in cata! Frostmourne on the other hand will be replaced by a lvl 81 gray item.
    What? I don't get it...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=55052
    Behold the Obsidian Executioner

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who isn't saying the 81 blue sword (I'll find it in a little while if no one comes up with it soon), hasn't seen the sword.

The only thing Shadowmourne has over the sword was whatever chance on hit or whatever proc it has... like I said until Shadowmourne's stats are changed to show how the new stats work.
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=49623 It's been up there for like a month and a half. It got nerfed a lot. Less str and of course shitty haste.

Who cares? it's an easy to get legendary that's not current come cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=55052 There is the level 81 replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

to people saying "LOL level 81 green owns shadowmourne!": you're horribly, horribly wrong.

the only thing in game that comes close is a blue quest reward from deepholm(available by 82-83), and given the proc, and gems, shadowmourne is still better, unless your class just scales ridiculously with mastery or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until we see how they change the stats on Shadowmourne to reflect the new way, we won't know for sure.

BUT the way it looks right now, there is an 81 blue sword (I'm sure someone will link it here eventually) that appears to blow it away
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55052/o...n-executioner/

that one?
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    ive seen a lvl 81 crafted blue sword with more damage and would have better stats if it werent for the strength proc

IMO its a kick in the balls to those of you who spent money buying primal saronites and time farming ICC
    Welcome to the reality of destructive creations brought by any expansion mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbrobot View Post
    to people saying "LOL level 81 green owns shadowmourne!": you're horribly, horribly wrong.

the only thing in game that comes close is a blue quest reward from deepholm(available by 82-83), and given the proc, and gems, shadowmourne is still better, unless your class just scales ridiculously with mastery or something.
    Goto link it again http://cata.wowhead.com/item=55052

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    ive seen a lvl 81 crafted blue sword with more damage and would have better stats if it werent for the strength proc

IMO its a kick in the balls to those of you who spent money buying primal saronites and time farming ICC
    Doesnt really kick me in the balls since the weapon cost me 10% of the cash I had. Why the fuck would you need more than 5k on any give chara, the people who baught it prolly got plenty left.
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Interception...

10+ Year Old Account
    The people in this thread who are surprised that it will be replaced so soon must have joined either right before the release of Wrath, or sometime therein.

This is the third expansion, people, it really shouldn't be a surprise anymore. Here's a tip, if it's gonna bother you so much, maybe don't participate in the very last raid in Cataclysm, because the next expansion will replace the stuff you just got.

There was a SS few days ago.

Lvl 82 quest reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people in this thread who are surprised that it will be replaced so soon must have joined either right before the release of Wrath, or sometime therein.

This is the third expansion, people, it really shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
    Well if you do the calculations which I dont really want its clear that WoTLK --> Cata items have a much bigger stat difference than TBC --> WoTLK items, its a fact.
    Interception...

Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    Goto link it again http://cata.wowhead.com/item=55052[COLOR="red"]

you realize given the proc, being previously enchanted, and not costing any additional money still makes shadowmourne better, currently, correct? until we see how well mastery actually works, shadowmourne will still get used until sometime in uldum, or until a weapon drop in stonecore exists.

either way, it does get replaced before 85, whether you choose to replace it with a blue 81 sword, or with a twilight highlands green. end result is still the same.

stat inflation this expansion is bigger than any previously. kel'thuzad naxx 40 weapons were the same dps as normal 70 instances and only marginally lower than heroic 70 dungeouns. kil'jaeden's 2 hander wasn't replaced until level 78-80 depending on class. heroic glorenzelg and shadowmoure are replaced by the equivalent of 64 and 74 in this expansion. a crafted level 85 epic has nearly DOUBLE shadowmournes dps. it's all to stop us from raiding in t10 and clearing their raids day 3 of the expansion, like we did in wotlk. my warrior was still 95% sunwell gear, sans a weapon, by the time i'd cleared naxx, os, and EoE.
    Last edited by neck deep; 2010-08-13 at 04:09 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you not looked at what people are actually saying? It's a blue BS crafted weapon that will replace it. That requires level 81... Like another said the ARP will become haste..which for anyone other than a Ret Pally I think is worse than w/e their mastery will be. The only reason you would keep it is the proc, everything else about the crafted is better. And shadowmourne's proc doesn't scale, which I'm actually disappointed by because that's what made val'any so good but w/e. The proc can only be worth so much DPS/Damage and for some classes the mastery and extra stats will easily out pass it and for other's you'll have to wait until 82-83 either way, it won't last long.

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 04:08 PM ----------

you realize given the proc, being previously enchanted, and not costing any additional money still makes shadowmourne better, currently, correct? until we see how well mastery actually works, shadowmourne will still get used until sometime in uldum, or until a weapon drop in stonecore exists.

either way, it does get replaced before 85, whether you choose to replace it with a blue 81 sword, or with a twilight highlands green. end result is still the same.
    It doesn't make shadowmourne better...it makes it cheaper and less of a hassle. There are people w/ tons of money in this game, probably wouldn't be too hard to buy it and enchant it and replace their shadowmourne
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    [/COLOR]

It doesn't make shadowmourne better...it makes it cheaper and less of a hassle. There are people w/ tons of money in this game, probably wouldn't be too hard to buy it and enchant it and replace their shadowmourne
    hint: if you have shadowmourne, you definitely have the gold to buy the sword. i'm not saying it's better because of the gold cost. i'm saying it's better because a marginal at best sidegrade, coupled with a shitty stat that doesn't work yet, and won't do much at all when it does work(yes, mastery. shit sucks until you have a lot of it) mean most people won't go out of their way to get a sword crafted, when they can just level to 84-85 6 hours later, and replace it with a green.

I have the feeling that blizzard will buff the current gear when the expansion ships. There is actually changes on the current gear in the beta. (strange they are buffing the HP but nerfing the Str)