Poll: Best Alliance Leader?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    dont know why so many people like varian tbh, he just an empty shell of a character imo, we dont see him for years.....he comes back, nerd rages on some orcs, and now all of a sudden he is mr. awesome?

hell no, i vote bolvar or velen any day of the week, takes mad skills to lead the alliance through its roughest patches and lead your race to safety from the hordes of blood thirsty beasts and corrupt former brothers

Genn, just 'cus he hasn't done anything to make me dislike as opposed to Velen who has done nothing.
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

people who acually do stuff get my vote as well

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Velen's accomplishments in lore, as well as the obstacles he's overcome, far surpass anything that the other Alliance faction leaders have ever faced or could hope to triumph over.

Not to say he's my favourite - I find him a bit boring - but in wisdom, intelligence and foresight he's the most competent of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Velen's accomplishments in lore, as well as the obstacles he's overcome, far surpass anything that the other Alliance faction leaders have ever faced or could hope to triumph over.

Not to say he's my favourite - I find him a bit boring - but in wisdom, intelligence and foresight he's the most competent of the lot.
    TBH it makes 0 sense why Draenei joined the Alliance instead of being neutral.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Darius Crowley!

Where do I choose none?

OT: I'll just choose King Chin cause he makes me lol..

I still have my Onyxia key.

Good memories.

Fleeing from your home planet and getting your ass kicked across the universe is an accomplishment?

He's still better than Tyrande. "Oh it's been ten thousands years or so, maybe Illidan has learned his lesson! I'll just murder a bunch of night elves, some ancients and a keeper of the grove to set him free and check! WHOOPSY-DAISY! Has hasn't learned a thing! We'll just banish him and hope he doesn't do anything stupid like try and make pacts with demons or... Oh dear..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Velen by a country mile. The fact that the Draenei are still alive when the Burning Legion has been actively hunting them for thousands of years is proof of why

Velen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Velen, Genn and Bolvar. Awesome guys.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Fleeing from your home planet and getting your ass kicked across the universe is an accomplishment?

He's still better than Tyrande. "Oh it's been ten thousands years or so, maybe Illidan has learned his lesson! I'll just murder a bunch of night elves, some ancients and a keeper of the grove to set him free and check! WHOOPSY-DAISY! Has hasn't learned a thing! We'll just banish him and hope he doesn't do anything stupid like try and make pacts with demons or... Oh dear..."
    He fled yeah, but its not like he ever had an actual shot at defeating the Legion if he fought back. His accomplish was to realize that his people were being corrupted and get his followers away and keep them alive for thousands of years. I don't think there's any reasonable option that Velen could have taken that would have been wiser. (Granted, the Draenei are indirectly responsible for the genocide of every species on every planet the Legion torched while chasing them, but indirectly and there's not much more they could have done really).

I agree with you completely on Tyrande though. Terrible, terrible leader. I could probably derail this thread severely by ranting about her. Maiev and her followers were the only sane night elves outside the CC. The night elves should have ditched Whisperwind a loooooong time ago.

(Granted, the Draenei are indirectly responsible for the genocide of every species on every planet the Legion torched while chasing them, but indirectly and there's not much more they could have done really).
    THANK YOU! Someone else who realizes this!
    I agree with you completely on Tyrande though. Terrible, terrible leader. I could probably derail this thread severely by ranting about her. Maiev and her followers were the only sane night elves outside the CC. The night elves should have ditched Whisperwind a loooooong time ago.
    Though we apparently disagree on Velen... I think I love you.

The little things u punt.

Magni, imo. Such self-sacrifice for his people. If only Varian would go kill himself for his people, the world would be so much better off. He can take Velen the Boring Loreless and King of the Small Hill Mekkatorque with him.

I'm sure Mograine would be happy to send over a few death knights to stand in for these inept rulers as regents. Once they've rid these groups of their useless and/or unsavory bits, the death knight regents would certainly lay down the emergency powers they were given. In no way would they consider funneling the poor, the forgotten, and confused toward Death Knight Recruitment Camps or Ghoul Production facilities.

Varian is the only cool Alliance leader, the rest do nothing or are Neutral. Im glad Blizzard gave them Muradin back at least, and gave them they're faction bad ass. Crowley
    Last edited by Hordeftw; 2010-08-13 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    dont know why so many people like varian tbh, he just an empty shell of a character imo, we dont see him for years.....he comes back, nerd rages on some orcs, and now all of a sudden he is mr. awesome?

hell no, i vote bolvar or velen any day of the week, takes mad skills to lead the alliance through its roughest patches and lead your race to safety from the hordes of blood thirsty beasts and corrupt former brothers
    Yea, killing Onyxia, being champion of The Crimson Ring, leading attack to Undercity and killing Putress, is the emptiness of itself. As much of that i think Bolvar is a cool guy, he doesn't really lead anything, attacks on horde or anything. First in Wrath where he showed himself to be a badass guy but taken out in his battle rather quickly.

Atleast Varian is a battle-hardened guy with badass scars than some caution-silent guy of a leader, there isn't much winning over the other faction in just waiting for them to attack Stormwind.