Thread: Loot-A-Rang?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wait... what? This is awesome! It's a TOY. How hard is that to understand? Other "toys" have been datamined but seeing as it's obvious the intelligence level of this thread doesn't really go above 40 till this post I can't really say: "go and look" because that would mean that you would go to the front page and then come back here to cry more.

It's a TOY. For engineers. How hard is that to comprehend? It's like you get given a giant yummy cake for no reason except that you are given it to eat and you complain that you don't have icecream as well.

In other words, stop being crying babies about shit like this and go be useful.

Well, I hope they make some changes to it before this goes live.

I for one am so sick of having to equip a trinket before I can use it. They removed the need to equip teleporters... why are they doing that now with this? The added need to swap-in-out trinkets alone is not going to make it worth the convenience it is supose to give.

All they should do is have it be useable directly from your backpack, and will auto-loot everything around you. As somebody suggested on a forum post I made, all they need is to have the character do a "thowing animation" along with a boomerang that circles the character, and bam - done.

Thats pretty cool, sometimes you kill stuff that gets stuck on a slope, cant reach it. This will come in handy.

That item is broken! Everyone will need to maximize Engineering just to fully optimize their playing experience! Clearly, implementation of this 'Loot-a-Rang' implies they intend looting to be more of a challenge. I think when something dies, disparities in gravity, mass, and apparently the soul, as a consequence of the Cataclysm, cause the body to fly into the ceiling or at least ten yards above the earth.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

Wouldn't this be great for ranged classes doing quests or farming ?
    While farming as a hunter i've noticed the most time consuming part is actually running to the corpse, looting it and finding a new mob over and over again, the actual killing goes much faster. This little trinket could cut down that time quite significantly I'd imagine but most of all it could just be a great convenience for ranged classes to make the bazzilonth 'kill x amount of these' quests go by more smoothly and with less annoyances, i cant wait to get one.

Deleted
    It's for ninja looting Raggy of course!

STA trinket with 10 second cooldown.

Meh. Underwhelming. If it has any sort of animation between clicking and getting loot window it'll be pretty much worthless.

If it's an instant action and doesn't require selecting the corpse (since you lose targeting when something dies), then I'd use it for my hunter for sure.

Otherwise, it'll sit there for the occational 'mob runs up a wall before dying' bug.