Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    reason for creating shadowmourne = Kill LK.
    paladin's mission = Kill LK

its simple math - a paladin is doing anything he can to kill lk and get some loots for others..ehh i meant save the day

Cause DPS is good

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Imagine it being more like taking the souls he imprisoned and helping them seek vengeance. And as for the scourge commanders, no those guys are far past the point of being able to be redeemed. So imagine it like you're freeing them.

But yes it doesn't really make a lot of sense as to why a paladin would do that. Tirion wouldn't even think of sacrificing his troops to attack the scourge.
    Have you seen the ICC ending cinematic? Even Arthas the friggin Lich King was sorta redeemed in death....why would his commanders be any different? Even Anu'barak is glad to be free from the LK when you kill him in Azjol Nerub.....so why not jsut some icc trash mobs?

If Anubarak and the LK can be redeemed in death, then everyone can. (exluding sargeras, dreadlords and other demons)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by dio the holy diver View Post
    if i remember there was this one paladin who started using a runeblade but i forget his name...
    win!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Have you seen the ICC ending cinematic? Even Arthas the friggin Lich King was sorta redeemed in death....why would his commanders be any different? Even Anu'barak is glad to be free from the LK when you kill him in Azjol Nerub.....so why not jsut some icc trash mobs?

If Anubarak and the LK can be redeemed in death, then everyone can. (exluding sargeras, dreadlords and other demons)
    Obviously I was talking about it being impossible to let his commanders live. And do we even know if Arthas was redeemed in death? He said he saw only darkness.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can use it beacuse it is really just arthus's hammer made into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Have you seen the ICC ending cinematic? Even Arthas the friggin Lich King was sorta redeemed in death....why would his commanders be any different?
    Arthas Menethil: I see... only darkness... before... me...

The afterlife waiting for Arthas will not be a pleasant one.

This thread - why Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    This thread - why Cataclysm?
    My guess is because the Cataclysm general is the first general discussion board listed on the board list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the last guy to use a runeblade was a paladin, I think you may have heard of him. So now they are using another runeblade that is guaranteed to be good/made for the good. As in not "But Arthas this blade is said to have a dark curse" or something along those lines of what Muradin said. So pretty much its FIRE vs. FIRE... just dont try Spoon vs. Spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by maxvdakker View Post
    balance in the game > lore crap
    So why don't we have worgen paladins?it will balance the class numbers...
    and its also fits the lore,2 birds with 1 stone,but we still don't have it....
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Because they're the golden children of the expansion. You really expected them to not get the legendary?

I emailed it to blizzard ages ago when shadowmourne was announced and their reply was "We dont give 2 beep about lore.

But yeah, paladins shouldnt be able to wield or nor warriors really, only deathknights would have the strength to wield such a weapon the others would get corrupted.

Because if the "Hero-Class" in their first xpac with all the dk hate going around, and warriors going on their 4th legendary had gotten Shadowmourne and rets had not.... Well lets just say the entire paladin community would have shit a collective brick.

This is the reason...there is no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089 View Post
    Because if the "Hero-Class" in their first xpac with all the dk hate going around, and warriors going on their 4th legendary had gotten Shadowmourne and rets had not.... Well lets just say the entire paladin community would have shit a collective brick.

Get off your whine trip. You're not the only class to have spent ages since the last legendary and you won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Get off your whine trip. You're not the only class to have spent ages since the last legendary and you won't be the last.

Im not whining im stating facts. Lol iv been a paladin since December, before that i was a dk main. I dont give a shit how many legendary's any class has had im just pointing out that had rets not been put on it they would have revolted.

Hmm thought you were an insecure warrior come to attack me, turns out your a pissed off shaman proving my point. Had shadowmourne been a fist weapon you would have cried a million rivers to get put on it.
    Last edited by Nexus2089; 2010-08-13 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because alot of people who play WoW dont give a crap about lore and would QQ if Paladins couldn't use Shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089 View Post

What about enh shamans feral druid elem shamans boomkins? enhshamans and feral druids will NEVER get a legandary

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    What about enh shamans feral druid elem shamans boomkins? enhshamans and feral druids will NEVER get a legandary
    If they make a legendary polearm, ferals could. And a legendary one handed mace/axe for the enh shamans.

A paladin used Frostmourne before he became a death knight. Shadowmourne is one of Mograine's many death knight recruitment tools. He convinces a noble, holy paladin to go do a lot of seriously misguided things in the name of power. An argument--perhaps by Mograine, perhaps the player thinks he comes up with it all by himself himself--is made that this power is needed, no required, even NECESSARY in order to destroy the Lich King. Arthas just KNEW that to destroy Mal'genis, he must have Frostmourne. That power, no matter the cost, is sometimes required to destroy the evil that lurks in the hearts of men. Or in Northrend. Either/or.

Lollipants the Paladin believes he must have Shadowmourne in order to destroy Arthas. If Darion gave him that thought or if Darion merely showed him what to do after he came to that thought, well the history books will almost certainly not say. So like the paladin that was Arthas, Lollipants (or any paladin) believes the good he will use the weapon for will outweigh the evil of the weapon itself.

Now if said paladin eventually comes to embrace the death knight way and forsakes his devout ideology for one that ends in him serving the Might of Mograine, well isn't that coincidental?
    Last edited by HisDivineOrder; 2010-08-13 at 08:49 PM.