Question EPGP/DKP/Lootsystem reset when Cata hits

I'm thinking of reseting or mass decay in lootsystem points when Cataclyms hits. I know this can work out realy wrong with people nagging, getting demotivated or even leaving guild. Anyone got experience with this, and or have suggestions? I realy dont want to tell the people in the guild during WOTLK right now, altough LK has been killed(some people in guild doesnt have the kill yet), but on the other hand I want to be honest and open. So im realy carefull with this issue.
    Thanks in advance!

No one can really answer it for you as each loot system is unique. If you've got a reasonably well setup system that is already doing a good job of controlling inflation and point hording there really shouldn't be any need for a reset but it isn't going to break the system either.

Assuming you aren't doing to well at controlling inflation etc since you are asking about a reset, a better solution might be to look at why you are having issues and what changes could be made so that you don't need a reset. Add or increase the existing points decay. Add caps. Change cost/bidding system. It all comes down to knowing what you want from the system and tweaking it to give you what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    most guilds reset everything for the xpack so no 1 who dosnt need items in icc (or back in the tbc days bt/sunwell) dosnt save up massive points and is insta geared over every 1 else in twilight bastion

Honestly if it's anything like the LK expansion was you'll be lucky you even HAVE a guild fully able to raid at 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Honestly if it's anything like the LK expansion was you'll be lucky you even HAVE a guild fully able to raid at 85.
    yea at the start of tbc and wotlk builds broke and rebuilt and new guilds formed

kinda the point in every xpack where this happens and will happen in cata