Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizz can't even balance around 3v3. Now 15v15? GG

Now that rated BG's are coming out, there is a very high chance that some random comp like 13 pallies and 2 priests (random example) is going to be ultra OP, causing nerfhammers to strike classes. There are MANY possible variations in 15v15. Blizzard can't even balance around 3v3, and now they think 15v15 rated BG's will be fine? Shit's goNNA GO BANANAS.

PLEASE TELL ME I'M STUPID AND GIVE PROOF OF WHY.

Arena is broken because stupid teams like wizard cleaves just train damage onto a target until it dies, BG's actually have a goal (capture the flag etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Arena is broken because stupid teams like wizard cleaves just train damage onto a target until it dies, BG's actually have a goal (capture the flag etc.)
    True, but the comp still has a HUGE factor. Say in AB right now, 3 horde and 3 alliance battle for stables. It still virtually has the same principals as arena in the fact that you need to kill the other 3, making comp a significant factor of the outcome.

Yes comp will still play a big role, for example i can gaurentee you a tanking feral druid and other tanks carrying the flag in warsong is going to be very annoying but atleast it's not game over just because some nerd shaman got a 13k lava burst crit while your healer was in a 1.5 second stun.

15 Druids should be impossible to beat. w/e combo of resto, feral and boomkin you want to come up with.

Rated BGs already have one up on Arenas... less pillar humping..

Comp is hardly as decisive in BG's as it is in Arenas, mostly since the entire set up of your team can switch at any given moment. So there will be too much possible variables in BG's to think about. And thus, to balance around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    15 Druids should be impossible to beat. w/e combo of resto, feral and boomkin you want to come up with.
    Not really, they don't have any silence(boomkin fail silence in cata) and druids are very vulnerable to fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

You are stupid for the following reasons:

1) All health/armor is being brought closer together to prevent classes that are easily killed from being so easily killed. That is going to help balance classes.

2) BGs really aren't balanced around classes. They are balanced around team work and accomplishing objectives. Classes play much less of a role.

3) Not actually ranking BGs or removing points for a loss (or requiring rating on gear) will make it much more a non-issue. If you show up and lose you will still get your gear. You will just get your gear much slower than someone that shows up and wins. It will more closely resemble PvE in that fashion.

4) They have stated they do not plan to require ridiculous ratings to get gear and that they will make it much easier to obtain pvp gear in general (hopefully this means removing it from the PvE points system). This will lessen the gap between geared and not geared which is a much bigger problem then the gap between oped clas and not as oped class.

10 boomkins 2 ferals 3 trees. WIN!

Gimmick comps will work with the same success in BGs as they do in arena - very limited success.

Not to mention that BGs have overall objectives and the penalty for actually dying is considerably lower than in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaldin View Post
    Comp is hardly as decisive in BG's as it is in Arenas, mostly since the entire set up of your team can switch at any given moment. So there will be too much possible variables in BG's to think about. And thus, to balance around.
    You are forgetting that these teams have to be premade and most likely will have leadership. Good leadership will use whatever comp advantages they possibly can.

Well... even if there is a standard comp. It would still be full of different classes and different class specs. As opposed to say... Beast Cleave, TSG, Wizard Cleave, RMP, etc.. etc...

I for one am looking forward to Rated BG's. Just because of the fact that it allows you more leeway in what spec you're going to be. And it's objective based instead of mindless kill the other team first shit that's in arenas. Fun, fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Not really, they don't have any silence(boomkin fail silence in cata) and druids are very vulnerable to fear.
    Yes, feral druids are very vulnerable to fear. Its not like they have a talent to make them completely immune to fear or anything. :P Oh, and when they start nerfing CC again, don't be surprised if stuns and fear become a complete joke finally, which they always should have been.

It can be balanced because unlike arenas if someone blows all their cooldowns to kill you you can come back 30s later and mow him over because he has nothing left.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 shadow priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Hoe View Post
    PLEASE TELL ME I'M STUPID AND GIVE PROOF OF WHY.
    This.

Now that rated BG's are coming out, there is a very high chance that some random comp like 13 pallies and 2 priests (random example) is going to be ultra OP, causing nerfhammers to strike classes. There are MANY possible variations in 15v15. Blizzard can't even balance around 3v3, and now they think 15v15 rated BG's will be fine? Shit's goNNA GO BANANAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.
    Your 14.99 entitles you to play the game however you want. However, the rest of our $359.76 says learn your fucking class

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    You are stupid for the following reasons:

1) All health/armor is being brought closer together to prevent classes that are easily killed from being so easily killed. That is going to help balance classes.

2) BGs really aren't balanced around classes. They are balanced around team work and accomplishing objectives. Classes play much less of a role.

3) Not actually ranking BGs or removing points for a loss (or requiring rating on gear) will make it much more a non-issue. If you show up and lose you will still get your gear. You will just get your gear much slower than someone that shows up and wins. It will more closely resemble PvE in that fashion.

4) They have stated they do not plan to require ridiculous ratings to get gear and that they will make it much easier to obtain pvp gear in general (hopefully this means removing it from the PvE points system). This will lessen the gap between geared and not geared which is a much bigger problem then the gap between oped clas and not as oped class.
    There are things with your post that I disagree with.
    1. Theorycrafting a statement such as that is hilarious. Especially since it's not even close to the expansion yet and we have no way to prove this will be true.

2. Right now, BG's mean nothing. They are simply ways to get honor. It's the "who cares just queue IDC if we lose" mentality (excluding premades (which even then are VERY casual except for a VERY small percent of them)). When they become RATED, people will get A LOT more serious about it, and try to discover new class compositions that give them the BEST chance of winning.

3. I don't know what you were saying here. I don't think it was relevant.

4. Show bluepost. There is a 95% chance you left out pertinent information or you have misinterpreted what blizzard said. This causes false facts to spread and is the main problem with this forum.

There are things with your post that I disagree with.
    1. Theorycrafting a statement such as that is hilarious. Especially since it's not even close to the expansion yet and we have no way to prove this will be true.

2. Right now, BG's mean nothing. They are simply ways to get honor. It's the "who cares just queue IDC if we lose" mentality (excluding premades (which even then are VERY casual except for a VERY small percent of them)). When they become RATED, people will get A LOT more serious about it, and try to discover new class compositions that give them the BEST chance of winning.

3. I don't know what you were saying here. I don't think it was relevant.

4. Show bluepost. There is a 95% chance you left out pertinent information or you have misinterpreted what blizzard said. This causes false facts to spread and is the main problem with this forum.
    It didnt cause massive nerfs prebc when all there were were premades anyways and it wont in cata stop with the doom and gloom

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    You are forgetting that these teams have to be premade and most likely will have leadership. Good leadership will use whatever comp advantages they possibly can.
    Ah, but I was more aiming at the smaller comps fighting over the objectives like say, GM in AB. But your point is a good one though.