Thread: Outland

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    I hope it burns in Deathwings fiery nutsack...
    haha

Deleted
    pretty usefull post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arck908 View Post
    You also get like 10x the experience from quests etc...
    you only run with either the shoulders or chest and not both?
    i get 20% more xp from killing stuff/quests in outland and northrend.
    so outland is still faster then northrend no matter the way you look at it

All they need to do imho, is to apply a buff named 'vision of the past' in Outland that does exactly nothing at all, but say it's vision of the past.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Why would you want to? Its the fastest 10 levels in the game after old world Azeroth. It's also fun since you can level fast entirely by dungeons - healers love it!

Now Northrend's "10" levels is another matter.../wrists. There's a reason why the vast majority of people's alts get stuck at 70-72 and not at 58...
    That's a matter of opinion and personal taste, I say.
    I like Northrend more than Outland.

I heard they made a few quests that go to outland at high levels... something about fel orcs.

Also is there a possibility that they added worgen/goblin presence in outland/northrend?
    |Vindicator Anntaar Arandano - Draenei Paladin| Ralbel Morx, The Fierce Blood Elf Warrior|
    |A Playful Dog's characters|

A_Playful_Dog would like to RP, but it thinks it will fail...
    A_Playful_Dog yells Freakazoid's favorite phrase! "I MUST SUCCEED!"

Quote Originally Posted by poldera View Post
    you only run with either the shoulders or chest and not both?
    i get 20% more xp from killing stuff/quests in outland and northrend.
    so outland is still faster then northrend no matter the way you look at it
    I think he was refering to the fact that the quests also give a lot more experience to compensate for the increased experience required.

Also, 10x refers to 10 times, rather than 10%.

The last 10(or 5 with Cataclysm and onwards) levels will always take longer time than the previous 10/5. Level 50-60 was absolutely painful in Vanilla.

I assume the people who are incredibly tired of Outland are the ones who leveled a ton of alts during The Burning Crusade(I for one am one of them). Northrend has got some awesome quests, though they are a bit more spread out than the huge blob of quests that is Outland.

You're the exception then. And good for you considering that the XP required for Northrend 10 levels is more than that required for all levels 1-70, lol!
    Good thing the quests reward higher XP too.

I guess you didn't think about that though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Good thing the quests reward higher XP too.

I guess you didn't think about that though, right?
    Northrend XP requirement is MORE than that required for 1-70. The quest XP is on average double that of the highest Outland XP.

However, this is why I personally can't stand Northrend levelling:

1) Takes at LEAST as long to level 10 levels in Northrend as it does 1-70. There are many ways to easily speed up 1-70 (also don't forget RAF stops at 60).

2) Unlike Northrend, in Outland doing dungeons is an easy way to pick up XP since so many people run them all the time all the way up to (but excluding) the level 70 zones.

3) Unlike Northrend, in Outland even if you don't run the dungeons (why the heck not - they are fun and fast, but whatever!), you can level efficiently just by completing all the quests per zone. It is so efficient that if you complete all the quests per zone, by the time you are ready for the level 70 zones you are guaranteed to be level 68 and do not have to do a single one of the level 70 zones if you do not wish it - but go straight to Northrend. Obviously, going straight to Northrend is probably not optimal for most (excluding dungeon runners and people being helped to level) and its actually easier to hit level 70/71 while in Outland (less risk of dying all the time in Northrend and far more quests open up due to the higher level).

4) Northrend has a lot more quests per zone than in Outland, all the zones are bigger, and the quest design is far more elaborate with a ton of quests which are not accessible unless others are completed. There are a ton of quests which are not accessible unless you hit exactly the right level even within a zone. There are a ton of chains which step you across a zone (mini-zones) which while they may seem helpful it essentially restricts you to each mini-zone until its all but complete no matter how totally bored out of your head you may get with that mini-zone. In Outland questing, you just collect as many quests per zone in one go as you can fit and do all of them at once. Its an awesome way to make a grind not feel like one!

5) Unlike Outland, stepping into a zone when you are not ready for that level bracket is tantamount to suicide and pretty pointless (for reason 4) unless you are lucky enough to have a reliable group of people you are running dungeons with or a pocket healer.

6) Dungeon runs in Northrend (i.e. pugs) are all but non-existent after level 68-71 (i.e. Nexus and UK). Of course, the new LFD/LFG tool may change a lot of that (I wouldn't know I haven't played WoW for along time), but it meant that gaining dungeon quest XP (the greatest XP available) or lots of "free" XP by doing quick dungeons is slowed down terribly and after level 71 non-existent for most people.

7) Dungeons are much harder in Northrend than Outland and therefore much more time consuming. In addition, unless you keep up with the level of the dungeon you gain terrible XP relative to questing for the enormous XP required per level. So, most people without a reliable group of dungeon runners are forced to go back to this single-path Northrend questing mode.

8) Due to the quest chaining, mini-zones and sub-zone quest level requirements, its harder to find people to randomly group with to efficiently complete many quests at once in Northrend since they are very unlikely to be at the same point you are.

9) In Outland, finding strong gear for your level is much easier than in Northrend. Good gear, as everyone should know, can make a huge difference in levelling. And I'm one of those who goes out of my way to try to get the best gear as early as possible to be efficient at levelling. This is far easier in Outland than Northrend where most of the best gear are actually ordinary greens from specific easily accessible quest chains. In Northrend, the best gear comes at specific levels per zone (often not the lowest level in the bracket but the top!), in addition the quest chains tend to be much longer and often have a very tough group or dungeon quest. So, one more obstacle to levelling in Northrend, is that you will rarely do it in the best gear per level for most people.

10) Towards the end of Northrend, specifically Storm Peaks and much more so, Icecrown, there is a TON of phasing quests. Icecrown phasing is a demonstration of how to ironically turn an MMO into a frustrating single-player experience. Half the time you do not know if there are other people around you. Even if there are, you do not know if they can help you because they most likely do not see the quests you do. In fact, they may not even be able to see the same monsters or environment you do! Getting together a group of people to complete the very many TOUGH group quests in Icecrown (ignoring faceroll paladins or some skilled warlocks) is an exercise in extreme patience. If you do anything at all in Northrend, make sure you do NOT need to do any quests in Icecrown in order to get to level 80. Thankfully, I believe in Cata there will be new 78-80+ zones so the Icecrown mess should be totally avoided while levelling.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-08-19 at 11:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about Outland really. I don't know how fast leveling will be on Azeroth in Cataclysm, but Outland always was a fast leveling experience, except for Terokkar/Nagrand.

Deleted
    Why would they change Outland when its so amazing? It feels like the best levelling at any point in the game with the low exp requirements and the quest organisation. Also being a big fan of beyond the dark portal I love the feel of Outland. The only thing that stops me levelling is the thought of having to go through Northrend again.

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing i know about outland changing is that fel orc thing

Deleted
    Northrend XP requirement is MORE than that required for 1-70. The quest XP is on average double that of the highest Outland XP.

1) Takes at LEAST as long to level 10 levels in Northrend as it does 1-70. There are many ways to easily speed up 1-70 (also don't forget RAF stops at 60).

2) Unlike Northrend, in Outland doing dungeons is an easy way to pick up XP since so many people run them all the time all the way up to (but excluding) the level 70 zones.

3) Unlike Northrend, in Outland even if you don't run the dungeons (why the heck not - they are fun and fast, but whatever!), you can level efficiently just by completing all the quests per zone. It is so efficient that if you complete all the quests per zone, by the time you are ready for the level 70 zones you are guaranteed to be level 68 and do not have to do a single one of the level 70 zones if you do not wish it - but go straight to Northrend. Obviously, going straight to Northrend is probably not optimal for most (excluding dungeon runners and people being helped to level) and its actually easier to hit level 70/71 while in Outland (less risk of dying all the time in Northrend and far more quests open up due to the higher level).

4) Northrend has a lot more quests per zone than in Outland, all the zones are bigger, and the quest design is far more elaborate with a ton of quests which are not accessible unless others are completed. There are a ton of quests which are not accessible unless you hit exactly the right level even within a zone. There are a ton of chains which step you across a zone (mini-zones) which while they may seem helpful it essentially restricts you to each mini-zone until its all but complete no matter how totally bored out of your head you may get with that mini-zone. In Outland questing, you just collect as many quests per zone in one go as you can fit and do all of them at once. Its an awesome way to make a grind not feel like one!

5) Unlike Outland, stepping into a zone when you are not ready for that level bracket is tantamount to suicide and pretty pointless (for reason 4) unless you are lucky enough to have a reliable group of people you are running dungeons with or a pocket healer.

6) Dungeon runs in Northrend (i.e. pugs) are all but non-existent after level 68-71 (i.e. Nexus and UK). Of course, the new LFD/LFG tool may change a lot of that (I wouldn't know I haven't played WoW for along time), but it meant that gaining dungeon quest XP (the greatest XP available) or lots of "free" XP by doing quick dungeons is slowed down terribly and after level 71 non-existent for most people.

7) Dungeons are much harder in Northrend than Outland and therefore much more time consuming. In addition, unless you keep up with the level of the dungeon you gain terrible XP relative to questing for the enormous XP required per level. So, most people without a reliable group of dungeon runners are forced to go back to this single-path Northrend questing mode.

8) Due to the quest chaining, mini-zones and sub-zone quest level requirements, its harder to find people to randomly group with to efficiently complete many quests at once in Northrend since they are very unlikely to be at the same point you are.

9) In Outland, finding strong gear for your level is much easier than in Northrend. Good gear, as everyone should know, can make a huge difference in levelling. And I'm one of those who goes out of my way to try to get the best gear as early as possible to be efficient at levelling. This is far easier in Outland than Northrend where most of the best gear are actually ordinary greens from specific easily accessible quest chains. In Northrend, the best gear comes at specific levels per zone (often not the lowest level in the bracket but the top!), in addition the quest chains tend to be much longer and often have a very tough group or dungeon quest. So, one more obstacle to levelling in Northrend, is that you will rarely do it in the best gear per level for most people.

10) Towards the end of Northrend, specifically Storm Peaks and much more so, Icecrown, there is a TON of phasing quests. Icecrown phasing is a demonstration of how to ironically turn an MMO into a frustrating single-player experience. Half the time you do not know if there are other people around you. Even if there are, you do not know if they can help you because they most likely do not see the quests you do. In fact, they may not even be able to see the same monsters or environment you do! Getting together a group of people to complete the very many TOUGH group quests in Icecrown (ignoring faceroll paladins or some skilled warlocks) is an exercise in extreme patience. If you do anything at all in Northrend, make sure you do NOT need to do any quests in Icecrown in order to get to level 80. Thankfully, I believe in Cata there will be new 78-80+ zones so the Icecrown mess should be totally avoided while levelling.
    What a load of rubbish

1) It's EASY to do 2~ levels a day in Northrend (3-4 if you spend some more time), try doing 10 levels in outlands in 1 day (You'd be lucky to do 1-60 in 5 days, you can EASILY get from 70-80 in 5 days)

2) Northrend dungeons are run ALL the time, drop in the queue as a Tank/Healer and it's EASY

3) I've leveled my Mage to 80 without even stepping into Storm Peaks & Icecrown

4) You're not "restricted" there's TWO starting zones, if anything you're more restricted in Outlands

5) Stepping into a zone you're not ready for is not suicide, if you're wearing heirlooms and atleast know how to play it's perfectly fine

6) Dungeon runs are not none existant, complete bollocks, the dungeon EXP is immense, we're talking 44k~ per dungeon QUEST along with the 2k+ per mob when rested

7) Northrend dungeons are terribly easy, if you think they're hard you're a fool, i was spam pulling packs while leveling my warrior using a crafted shield, the brutilizer from BT, heirloom DPS gear and the rest random DPS gear i've picked up

8) There is no need to group up to complete quests in Northrend, the quests are SO easy that you can fly through them solo

9) Gear is of much higher quality in Northrend than it is in Outlands, it's completely easy to obtain too, it's bullshit that getting good gear is easier in outlands, complete bullshit

10) The only "hard" quests in Icecrown are not phased, the rest are soloable, your point is invalid[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc67f9034253; 2010-08-19 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You should take your WoW back to the store, your copy is clearly defective.

Well, I don't see a reason for Worgens or Goblins to go there and kill Illidan/Kael/Vash(sp?).

But who knows, we need rep, so they might add a couple quests here and there.

I'm a bit disappointed that nothing at all is happening with it (supposedly). I can understand the terrain staying the same, but since it's a different time frame, you would think that the lore would switch up a bit.

Ah well, that's a project for another time, I guess.

Outland won't be affected by the Cataclysm and Blizz said they didn't plan any addition to the BC expansion pack zones

I like Outland

I HATE Northrend though. I recently leveled a Druid. I did 1-58 in like 2 weeks, pretty much all my gametime was spent on this druid. I hit Outland and did a mix of quests (I like Terokkar and Hellfire) and random dungeons all the way to 68. I hit Northrend and stopped by about 25% into level 70.

Norrhrend is just so god damn boring. I don't even know why. I've done Northrend 4 times and I can't stand it. I've done Outland about 15 and still enjoy it.

Deleted
    Outland is more enjoyable because it takes the best part of 30seconds to get through

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus
    As you are probably already aware, before Wrath launched, patch 3.0 brought reduced experience requirements in outland and in vanilla(not sure that was 3.0, someone please remind me). I started during TBC when 1-60 and outland were original expereince requirements. It was almost absolutely necessary to do every quest possible to do in vanilla at your level in order to get anywhere at all, outland even more so. Taking every possible quest in hellfire starting at 58 got me to zangarmarsh at level 61 close to 62, meaning I had to complete almost every zone in it's entirety to level at all effectively.

This excludes dungeons as I liked to level solo then, but is still kind of crazy. With the 4.0 patch they've mentioned reducing the experience requirement through northrend, I would guess making it approximate to outland leveling currently, which is a FUCKING BREEZE in comparison to pre-3.0. I might even go so far as to wager that northrend shortens from a 5-day grueling gauntlet to a 1 or 2 day walk in the proverbial park.