Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    We all know nobody is going to use them anywai, wasted global is dps loss!
    This. God forbid a DPS has to pay attention to anything other than button mashing...especially huntards.

Good change overall. Pve damage will be balanced around no silence shot damage. In pvp, you don't lose that dps from saving silence shot for critial time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god this changes our... uh... well... um... who cares, any good hunter bound it and never thought about it again.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Oh god this changes our... uh... well... um... who cares, any good hunter bound it and never thought about it again.
    lol PvE hero.

Last of the interrupts to lose it's damage. It was a fun little trick to boost your pve performance though :/

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

this is better than the MD change IMO

Well with our limited Focus resource they kind of had to. It doesn't have a Focus cost now so you can always use it when you need to and the only damage dealing shot they want to not cost you Focus (out side a special proc) is Steady/Cobra shot since they actually regen your Focus for you. So having to choose removing the damage or making it cost Focus I will take the damage nerf any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    lol PvE hero.
    Your highest rating is 1700 and you can't clear easy content. So you're good at nothing?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bazinga.

Quote Originally Posted by unillenium View Post
    To be honest it's annoying having to constantly bang my head against whether or not I should spam silencing shot for the damage or save it for the interrupt, and the situation is constantly changing.

Nothing like, OMG the rogue is dead! SOMEONE INTERRUPT! as I watch the cooldown tick away
    Exactly. Things like LDW, VDW or RS you are not a main interrupt at all, and are very rarely called to do it, so you macro it in, but its that moment where you wish you had it off CD and you don't. Things like LK normal are annoying as well, since you'll want it up in P5 just incase you get put in the frostmourne room.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

This topic is 100% right blizz what the hell is wrong with you have gone too far. Making DPS learn the point of their stuff complete BULL PLOP WHAT'S NEXT A ROGUE USING CRIPPLING POISON TO SLOW MOVEMENT? Pure lunacy blizz really way the hell are you trying to piss everyone off by making the game fun yet fair in a group setting?

Deleted
    There's really nothing wrong with this change. With mastery blizzard can dial up or down dps of every class as they see fit. So 2 similarly geared and skilled players will be as close to each other on the holy recount as blizzard wants.

Now we can be useful for things other than kiting/dispelling. yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    lol PvE hero.
    Enjoy the vacation
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

The moment I read it, I checked one of my recent combat logs. Silencing Shot generally does not account for more than 2.5% of my current DPS. Considering all the other changes in Cata, I think we'll be just fine.

^ Makes warrior/rogues angry when the rotation is interrupted, "WHO TOOK MY F*CKING INTERRUPT!!"

What's the point? We are all gonna die from 30k Aimed shots anyway.

Aimed shot deal 300% weapon damage >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HawtGoat View Post
    What's the point? We are all gonna die from 30k Aimed shots anyway.

Aimed shot deal 300% weapon damage >.<
    Remember that our health pools are going to be a lot bigger. And aimed shot has a 3 second(?) cast time.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Doesn't really need to do damage anyways, surprised we didn't see this sooner...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Good.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I disagree with this statement for a number of reasons.

First, you'd be gimping yourself to go into any kind of pvp with SS macroed into everything

Second, It's much easier to set up a mod to tell you when it's off CD than to change out all of your keybinds when you actually want the silence and then back when you are just using it for the dps boost.

I really like this change, and am looking forward to not having to choose between being useful or doing slightly more damage