so why cant we have new PC models?

seems every single races leaders/lore characters are getting facelifts. why not just create a variation of them and make it the base template for new character models?

its seems like such a waste to have them get the new models but not the players, i know they are major lore characters but i dont spend all day staring at their backsides!

Because they are the major pieces, we're just pawns in this game, and the pawn is the most simplistic piece on the board soo...

checkmate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstermeg View Post
    Because they are the major pieces, we're just pawns in this game, and the pawn is the most simplistic piece on the board soo...

checkmate!
    The "pawns" also killed the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedistene View Post
    The "pawns" also killed the Lich King.
    but that damned knight took credit

and then the rook took over the other side of the board

People could lag from high res models. But there could always be a lower res model option.
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

didnt everquest 2 offer a higher res model option for the game so people with slower comps could still play? seems like it would be easy enough since it just changes how YOU view things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said they are looking into updating the player models.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Because a whole bunch of people are gonna cry about new models.

That is why we cant have nice things.

Deleted
    They have the player texture resolution options in the video tab atm don't they?

Can't they just integrate a new awesome version at the highest 'notch'.

Also, they hve the player texture's one in Cata too. Please Blizz, Please

Because the unique NPCs will only ever wear a single suit of gear. New player models would require they rework every single piece of armor already in the game in order to work with it.

Blizzard's development team has stated that they wish to update the player models. It's just not the highest on the priority list at the moment.

It'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because the unique NPCs will only ever wear a single suit of gear. New player models would require they rework every single piece of armor already in the game in order to work with it.
    while the best response ive seen, i still think we should get them. would breathe a bit of freshness back into the game...i mean..orcs are ugly sure, but not for the reasons they should be :P

also every male human is hairlip steve as far as i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Because a whole bunch of people are gonna cry about new models.

That is why we cant have nice things.
    exactly what i had in mind.

i believe blizzards philosophy for characters is to cover up the bad stuff with better looking stuff. face it, you hardly see your character anymore with all of the armor and such

Quote Originally Posted by Zilar View Post
    i believe blizzards philosophy for characters is to cover up the bad stuff with better looking stuff. face it, you hardly see your character anymore with all of the armor and such
    then how about we get some good armor? the only bits of armor that look decent are the shoulders/helm thats it.

why is my plate chestpiece having no actual texture, is skin tight, and i can watch myself breath in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mstermeg View Post

checkmate!
    I've killed a firelord, laid waste to multiple dragons and dragonoids, slain 2 old gods, killed a lich and his dumb cat, killed a pitlord, murdered gruul and his annoying sons, slaughtered a somewhat familiar lich and his dumb cat, stormed Ulduar and laid waste to everything that resides in it, wasted my time in a tournament, killed all of the hordes faction leaders, and ended up becoming a champion of the argent crusade when i gave the lich king a facial, and your telling me im just a pawn?

i think that they are gonna surprise us with it right before 4.0 drops. it will seriously suck going through cataclysm looking like original Link got lost in gears of war

Quote Originally Posted by Apok101 View Post
    I've killed a firelord, laid waste to multiple dragons and dragonoids, slain 2 old gods, killed a lich and his dumb cat, killed a pitlord, murdered gruul and his annoying sons, slaughtered a somewhat familiar lich and his dumb cat, stormed Ulduar and laid waste to everything that resides in it, wasted my time in a tournament, killed all of the hordes faction leaders, and ended up becoming a champion of the argent crusade when i gave the lich king a facial, and your telling me im just a pawn?
    lol epic

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.