New Relics Design, good or bad?...

So now that it seems specialty "relics" are a thing of the past and all idols/librams/totems shall be henceforth be known as Relics, and be only a stat-stick such as wands are for casters.... don't you think making them class specific is useless?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...relicslots.jpg

All of them are pretty equal among each other so what's the point of having class specific ones at all? There are no more special procs that would force them to be class specific...

I know I know, it's beta, it might be they haven't gotten around to it, but let's face it.... maybe they haven't thought about that yet. Just starting a discussion, if I can be so bold.

To go along with that, if this is the new norm for "relics"... what happens to the old idols/librams etc. that have procs? Are they all going to switch to the new model or will they still exist? If they do still exist as they are today.... might they be more powerful/useful per stat than the ones shown above? and for how long before stat-sticks would replace ICC relics?

Will be interesting to see.
    Last edited by Myte342; 2010-08-14 at 02:43 AM.

Well if you have a look at the screeny you can see that the current Relics are the ones that have been changed so to answer your question on what will happen to the old relics is they will get gem slots/stats on them like the ones in the screeny.

Yes I see that now, I hadn't noticed the required level, I am so used to beta items being level 85 or so I stopped checking. Either way.... how about being class specific?

Deleted
    Whatever happens, I'm just glad they changed from the awful mechanic they currently have. Stat sticks, while boring, are much better than low% procs/damage increases to certain abilities and more balanced/less annoying than the current ICC Relics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ain't happy, by the looks of things ALL totems/librams/idols are gonna just be "relics" now, just chunks of stats, completely defeats the purpose imo, they may as well delete them altogether and give us wands or some shit.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

I am not a fan of the change, liked the old model better ,but isnt that big of a deal to me

I'll miss Sigil of Awareness and Sigil of Vengeful Heart. I like increasing the power of a few skills, instead of some stats.

And i was so happy when i got Totem of Rage and then Totem of the Void for my shaman.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-08-14 at 03:00 AM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by LRPaterson View Post
    I ain't happy, by the looks of things ALL totems/librams/idols are gonna just be "relics" now, just chunks of stats, completely defeats the purpose imo, they may as well delete them altogether and give us wands or some shit.
    They have.
    They've just called the wands relics.

it could even remove stat from me if i could see the libram at my side like this for what i care lol

While i do agree having a proc to increase the damae/haste/SP etc etc is nice i don't exactly mind the change it just means less there will be less RNG involved with DPS/Healing/Tanking. Although as a DK i do have to say i will miss the free 200 Str and 217 Str from my sigils

There was a previously stated intent to actually remove the class specific requirements from that slot, and the current implemention may just be a step towards that.
    Would simplify the loot substantially, and reducing the chance of a class drop when there is nobody of that class present.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-08-14 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Would simplify the loot substantially, and reducing the chance of a class drop when there is nobody of that class present.
    Get with the program, Relics haven't been in loot tables since Ulduar making your statement null and void.

one word: ''boring''
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Get with the program, Relics haven't been in loot tables since Ulduar making your statement null and void.
    except that thats the reason they took them off loot tables and this would fix that problem allowing them to be added to loot tables again

I don't like this change. I just got my alt Shaman to 80 and I love looking at what totems I can get and what they do. But now they will just be as boring as wands...

Well it makes sense because feral druids, enchancement shammies, prot/ret pallies, and all death knights are not going to use wands because of the stats. It also makes sense lore wise because these are the classes that do carry around relics and what not (although locks would too)

Deleted
    I can't believe people are actually against this change. Relics were always 1 of 3 things. Shit/Situational, Overpowered or Frustrating. Stat sticks may be boring, but you're kidding yourself if you think there's anything 'exciting' about a Proc that is up 100% of the time(except when you have to move/are incapacitated in some form for like, 5 seconds and the proc falls off, then comes the Frustrating part.)
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2010-08-14 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    neither, just uninteresting