Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've known that I've always pronounced it wrong, I have no delusions of that. I pronounce it as Boul-bowl-e. Nice to know what it's supposed to be.

Though most likely wrong, I say Boo-boil-ee

where ee is pronounced the letter e

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heris View Post
    Well, I might be wrong, but it's not EXACTLY the same. I'd like to let you hear me saying it so that you can completely understand what I mean, though. :P
    Yes i know it and yes, i learned french earlier (dont beat me to it, it's long ago). Apparently i know how to spell it right. My point just was how do i tell others to do it right.
    If you hear something you can better imagine on what someone is talking about. spoken words > written

by the way: Tortilla

parlez-vouz allemand? (i hope it's right xD)
    Last edited by mmoc75936d2629; 2010-08-14 at 03:41 AM.

Boo-boo-ee.

That's the right way to say it, and the only right way to say it. The double LL thing people are referring to sounds like the phonetic spelling above.

10+ Year Old Account
    IVE WAITED MONTHES FOR THIS THREAD! YOU ARE GOD! anyway, ive given up and jsut call him Boo-Bile. lol
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Now that i know how its said, i think i like boob oil better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Yes i know it and yes, i learned french earlier (dont beat me to it, it's long ago). Apparently i know how to spell it right. My point just was how do i tell others to do it right.
    If you hear something you can better imagine on what someone is talking about. spoken words > written

by the way: Tortilla

parlez-vouz allemand? (i hope it's right xD)
    Parlez-vous allemand?*

But the "vous" is the second form of the plurial and, when addressed to only one person, is mostly used as a form of courtesy towards your elders or people you don't know, but nowadays it's not that much used anymore and you can simply use the second person of the singular "tu" and say "parles-tu allemand?". Do you understand this or I could have explained better? :P

Deleted
    i don't used "you" because, you know, i don't know you