Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar

WoW housing Idea Thread.

Submit Your Idea's on how blizzard could add housing, and how it would be relevant beyond aesthetics!

I've wondered how blizzard could add housing since I joined back in 2007, I've always wanted it ingame, and I tried to think of ways they could add it. However, I thought.. 'Why not do it similar to Runescape's Housing System?', In my opinion, the Runescape housing System was brilliant. There was a skill you could level that progressively allowed you to craft better materials, with those materials you could build standard household items such as tables, chairs, beds, etc. However, It added more interesting things too. Like Minigames, armories, Bankspace and Portals. It added alot of immersion, being able to add rooms and build your own domain.

What do you think, how could they add housing?
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

I think it would be best implemented a guild thing. It would be so fun to work together with your guild to improve your "Guild Hall" or whatever. There could be trophies for boss kills and achievements, repair vendors, a message board, mini-games, etc. I would really love for them to add something like this.

Warchief
    I generally don't reply to threads created by people with retarded pony avatars, but even I can make exceptions.

To do it properly I think they would need to create 2 separate yet integrated parts.

Part 1 would be the player house, part 2 would be guild halls.

Your guild hall would be a general gathering place for the guild and a place to put trophies and such gained via guild achievements such as raiding and pvp. You would also have a guild bank there as well as maybe some profession areas and such. Possibly even a spruced up gathering area for guild events and such.

If you are a player in a guild your house could be integrated to your guild hall kind of like a dormitory. Player housing could have not only personal achievement trophy type things but you could also have storage. Closets for tabards and old tier gear. Attic or cellar type areas for old items you don't want to get rid of. Your own personal "bank" in the form of a locked chest. Most importantly for a lot of people I think would be a kitchen with a pantry to store cooking supplies.

The most important part of this I think is that it would give Blizzard another gold sink. Guilds can either rent a guild hall for X gold per month or buy one outright for some ridiculously huge amount of gold. Same for player houses. If a player chooses to link his house to the guild as a dormitory they can get some reduced pricing or something too.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I generally don't reply to threads created by people with retarded pony avatars, but even I can make exceptions.

To do it properly I think they would need to create 2 separate yet integrated parts.

Your guild hall would be a general gathering place for the guild and a place to put trophies and such gained via guild achievements such as raiding and pvp. You would also have a guild bank there as well as maybe some profession areas and such. Possibly even a spruced up gathering area for guild events and such.

If you are a player in a guild your house could be integrated to your guild hall kind of like a dormitory. Player housing could have not only personal achievement trophy type things but you could also have storage. Closets for tabards and old tier gear. Attic or cellar type areas for old items you don't want to get rid of. Your own personal "bank" in the form of a locked chest. Most importantly for a lot of people I think would be a kitchen with a pantry to store cooking supplies.

The most important part of this I think is that it would give Blizzard another gold sink. Guilds can either rent a guild hall for X gold per month or buy one outright for some ridiculously huge amount of gold. Same for player houses. If a player chooses to link his house to the guild as a dormitory they can get some reduced pricing or something too.
    REALLY like these ideas.
    Guild hall could be purchased initially, and blank, and then people in guild could donate money to put towards upgrades, like guild vault (maybe with extra storage than currently) crafting stations, vendors, etc. Of course have some sort of trophys/banners or something to decorate the hall with (maybe reliant on special guild achieves)

Player home could be an account wide thing, maybe let you get more rest for your alts, or gain rested xp at a faster rate. Also being able to display trophys of various accomplishments would be cool.
    LOVE the idea of closet or w/e, where you can store all your transmog gear, maybe even account wide. (same restrictions apply, not like my warrior will wear my pallys tier or something), but for weapons and not set items, would be awesome.
    Do you like daggers?

While I don't believe Player Housing will ever come to WoW (I believe that gem is going to be a big focus for Titan) I'll contribute a few Ideas I've done before.

Looting - LITERALLY!
    When you enter dungeons and such - all those nifty doodads become right-clickable and can be rolled on as loot for your home. See that nifty painting in Scarlet Monastery? Yoink! How about those weird alchemy thingies from Shadow labs? Blam - they're mine! And that Vrykul rug from ICC? That sure would sure tie the room together...

Dueling arena
    It would be neat if you could visit other peoples houses that have a dueling arena set up in a room. Perhaps there could be charts that actually contain win/loss ratios for individual players of that particular arena (so you can say to your friends "I owned you in your own home!").
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

There already is player housing in the game. Your farm. I think it's step closer to true player housing, and it could be a hint that it is on the horizon.

I would prefer them not waste the resources they would in order to add this IMO pointless addition. I have never understood why people want to have in game housing we had it in FFXI and I'll tell you what was in my house... nothing at all I went in it to change jobs and put stuff in the bank and other than that I didn't decorate it or anything else. I would prefer they work on the actual game before wasting time on something like this.

I really do like the idea about the guild house, anyway i got some other ideas what would be nice(inspired by runescape):
    -maybe before you want your house you'll need to do a quest line like gathering wood and nails and more until you can build your house.
    -A pet rest place where your pets can chill
    -Portals to for instance orgrimmar, undercity, silvermoon... but you'll need to pay a certain amount and materials to build the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I would prefer them not waste the resources they would in order to add this IMO pointless addition. I have never understood why people want to have in game housing we had it in FFXI and I'll tell you what was in my house... nothing at all I went in it to change jobs and put stuff in the bank and other than that I didn't decorate it or anything else. I would prefer they work on the actual game before wasting time on something like this.
    Never played FFXI; however, I agree with the idea that the resources that would potentially be utilized on a housing feature would be much better used on pretty much anything else BUT a housing feature.

#InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

I will repeat myself from other thread about it: Player housing on one area which eventually became city, so on one hand you could have all that personal space just for you (inside the house where you can invite people), and it wouldn't suddenly empty the world. You would be able to upgrade your house, customize the look, show off some trophies. Well I think of it basicly like it was in LOTRO, but much much better (in lotro the area was in the middle of nowhere, it was separate map so you had loading screen, basicly nobody was ever there.) In WoW it would work much better with phasing in place.

How about, each 1000g you spend, you get 10 more achievement points, and some sparkles on your house.

I'm pretty sure that would be a very popular feature, and about as elegant as anything else that anyone has ever come up with for player housing.

I honestly don't think we will get player housing, but I would love it, I think the Guild hall idea is something that they might eventually do, and pretty much what everyone else has already said about the things you could put in it.

However I would love it if you could choose, not only a Guild hall, but maybe a secret base, or a Ship, etc as your *guild hall* I come from an RP server, and a guild based on being a Pirate Guild, and I think being able to purchase a ship, for our guild would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    Never played FFXI; however, I agree with the idea that the resources that would potentially be utilized on a housing feature would be much better used on pretty much anything else BUT a housing feature.
    Yeah professions in that game were a little more diverse Woodworkers could make cabinets, beds, and other furniture that you could put in your "house".

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post

I think a guild hall should cost minamally 100k and upgrades could be fairly cheap 5-15k each depending on what it is. As for player housing I have no input :l
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"

Of late I've been increasingly in favor of player housing for a few reasons:

- It allows the continuation of the farming feature beyond MoP, which I personally think is an excellent feature that provides a relatively consistent source of both cooking ingredients, herbs, or other materials.
    - It opens up the option for a number of bank space saving options, such as a wardrobe for your Tabards or old Tier sets.
    - Increased customizability is always a good thing.
    - There are occasions during which I would like to do certain things without having to be bothered by people with Pumpkin head things, paper zeppelins, or Engineering mount noises.

As for the guild hall idea, yet more benefits
    - It gives some sort of tangible focus for guild leveling and guild achievements through furniture and functionality upgrades.
    - It acts as a place where guilds can meet without the risk of being trolled.

We've seen in pet battles that Blizzard is perfectly willing to allot funds for features like this. Pet Battles, for instance.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    I think a guild hall should cost minamally 100k and upgrades could be fairly cheap 5-15k each depending on what it is. As for player housing I have no input :l
    100k isn't enough for a player hovel let alone a guild hall. A guild hall?

10M gold, at the least.

Most half decent guilds have 10x that.

If you don't have 100 players who can chip in 100k then you don't have a guild that deserves, like, anything, really. You just have a bunch of hacks from trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

10M gold, at the least.

If you don't have 100 players who can chip in 100k then you don't have a guild that deserves, like, anything, really. You just have a bunch of hacks from trade chat.
    Not sure if trolling or serious.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Lots of good ideas here and I'll get more involved in this thread tomorrow, very tired. But 2 cents until then, Player housing is something that has me interested in Rift all in it's own. Would take a miracle to get me to switch from WoW to another MMO, and the fact that this one feature got me to download the lvl 20 trial, it speaks for something I'd say.
    [GW2 : Devona's Rest: Mesmer] [Firefall Beta : Assault Recon] [Diablo 3 : Barbarian]
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Mage, 86 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 65 Druid, 26 Monk

Believe it or not I think the Runescape housing system would work really well. It obviously wouldn't need to be a direct copy of it but I did like the housing system Runescape had.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

10M gold, at the least.

Gold cap is in place for guild banks they could be worth millions but still only have 999k gold to spend at any given time
    Last edited by Warpaladin; 2012-10-27 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"