Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal Zephs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    70

    Alliance/Horde in the same guild.

    Trying to find information about this, but couldn't find anything else than a locked thread here on mmo-champion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-US-Area-52-gt
    Moderator mentions a thread in the last post in that thread, but can't find it.

    Basically, horde and alliance can be in the same guild. Both can talk in guild chat and understand each other and you can access guildbank on both sides. I currently have this "issue" in my guild and would like to have some feedback if someone knows stuff about this. I made a ticket and it's been up for 2 weeks soon.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Scifix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,086
    As far as i know, this has never been possible and i sure hope blizzard wouldnt screw up the "horde/alliance war" theme of MoP with a feature like that

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,948
    Is that a request or reporting a bug? If a bug, I never saw that ever, if request my comments may get me banned so I'll say it nicely : NO

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Zephs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    As far as i know, this has never been possible and i sure hope blizzard wouldnt screw up the "horde/alliance war" theme of MoP with a feature like that
    I don't think this is intended but it is possible:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADper/advanced (Check guild)

    This is how we did it:

    1) Our level 25 alliance guild decided to transfer and change faction. The old guild was replaced with a new level 1 guild after the transfer.
    2) When i logged one of my alts in the new level 1 guild and wanted to transfer him to the new realm as well it said on battle.net "Do you want to follow your guild to x realm?" I clicked that option cause i was curious if i could get a free character faction change. Cause it still said only 20€ for the transfer.
    3) At the new realm my alliance character is in the guild when i login, even though it's a horde guild.

    My alliance character can invite other alliance characters to the guild and when i speak in the guild chat horde players can read and understand my messages with a [common] tag in front of it. I can access guildbank on both sides and deposit/withdraw items as well. Gold transactions is also possible.

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mass, Usa
    Posts
    269
    well if they get rid of garrosh and keep going the way they were going with thrall, hell why not. Keep making peace and such, i just figured it was a matter of time before that happens.

  6. #6
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    well if they get rid of garrosh and keep going the way they were going with thrall, hell why not. Keep making peace and such, i just figured it was a matter of time before that happens.
    then whats the point of having seperate factions, or even PvP content?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  7. #7
    High Overlord Astrobandaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    then whats the point of having seperate factions, or even PvP content?
    Then what would be the point of having PvP in any game that has a single faction.

    Playing since '04

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mass, Usa
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    then whats the point of having seperate factions, or even PvP content?
    I know right, there would be no point at all. PvP would become like sparring matches or something. Ugh i hope garrosh does not die, but gets like banished and we meet up with him again in a later xpac.

  9. #9
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    I know right, there would be no point at all. PvP would become like sparring matches or something. Ugh i hope garrosh does not die, but gets like banished and we meet up with him again in a later xpac.
    Yeah I hope Garrosh dsnt die, mostly because the son of Hellscream deserves better than this.

    But even with how the MoP story line is going, I highly doubt the war between the Alliance and Horde will ever end.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  10. #10
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mass, Usa
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah I hope Garrosh dsnt die, mostly because the son of Hellscream deserves better than this.

    But even with how the MoP story line is going, I highly doubt the war between the Alliance and Horde will ever end.
    I agree, the son of hellscream does deserve better, as the only son to carry on the name (that we know of.) Also probably one of the few remaining brown skinned orcs, (not sure the true count of brown orcs left.) But i am sure this war will never end, there will always be some sort of tension between them.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah I hope Garrosh dsnt die, mostly because the son of Hellscream deserves better than this.

    But even with how the MoP story line is going, I highly doubt the war between the Alliance and Horde will ever end.
    Eh let Garrosh meet his end based on his own deeds and not get a pass because of who his daddy is.



    As for the pvp content, I doubt that after MOP we'll go back to peace. MAYBE pre Cata levels of isolated skirmishes but no open warfare, but I don't think the war will go away altogether. It just won't be the main story element of the next expansions.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrobandaid View Post
    Then what would be the point of having PvP in any game that has a single faction.
    Guess you could go ask the folks over in RIFT, they started offering this feature with their Storm Legion Xpac i which opposite faction could be part of the same guild. I was guessing they offered such things, because people didn't want to pay to transfer and to fix problems on low pop realms. I don't know much of the details about it, just saw it in one of their advertising promotes. I don't even know if it went live.

    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    As for the pvp content, I doubt that after MOP we'll go back to peace.It just won't be the main story element of the next expansions.


    Though if we follow Wrathon's storyline, it sure seems like we have bigger problems coming our way and the war between us is going to spell our own demise if we don't end it
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-10-26 at 11:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    I agree, the son of hellscream does deserve better, as the only son to carry on the name (that we know of.).
    there are actually a bunch of Mag'har that came to serve the Horde on Azeroth.
    Hellscreams honor guard at Warsong Hold were Mag'har
    The quartermaster at Domination Point is a Mag'har
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  14. #14
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,015
    I'm un opposed to Garrosh living or dying. If he lives then he must be BANISHED to Draenor to learn his lesson.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Guess you could go ask the folks over in RIFT, they started offering this feature with their Storm Legion Xpac i which opposite faction could be part of the same guild. I was guessing they offered such things, because people didn't want to pay to transfer and to fix problems on low pop realms. I don't know much of the details about it, just saw it in one of their advertising promotes. I don't even know if it went live.



    Though if we follow Wrathon's storyline, it sure seems like we have bigger problems coming our way and the war between us is going to spell our own demise if we don't end it

    Sure MOP level warfare would screw us. But there were H/A battles in Wrath and especially Cataclysm but their big bads were taken down too. There could still be individual battles and skirmishes without open war between both factions.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    then whats the point of having seperate factions, or even PvP content?
    That idea died since top pvp action (arena and rated bg) is horde vs horde or can be alliance vs alliance too

  17. #17
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,015
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    That idea died since top pvp action (arena and rated bg) is horde vs horde or can be alliance vs alliance too

    Not really, the idea didn't die. Technically Arena is like gladiators but no faction against faction.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephs View Post
    I don't think this is intended but it is possible:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADper/advanced (Check guild)

    This is how we did it:

    1) Our level 25 alliance guild decided to transfer and change faction. The old guild was replaced with a new level 1 guild after the transfer.
    2) When i logged one of my alts in the new level 1 guild and wanted to transfer him to the new realm as well it said on battle.net "Do you want to follow your guild to x realm?" I clicked that option cause i was curious if i could get a free character faction change. Cause it still said only 20€ for the transfer.
    3) At the new realm my alliance character is in the guild when i login, even though it's a horde guild.

    My alliance character can invite other alliance characters to the guild and when i speak in the guild chat horde players can read and understand my messages with a [common] tag in front of it. I can access guildbank on both sides and deposit/withdraw items as well. Gold transactions is also possible.
    Have you guys checked if you can kill guildies in world PVP? LOLZ

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Not really, the idea didn't die. Technically Arena is like gladiators but no faction against faction.
    Try rated bg where you start at silvering hold defending alliance flag from horde players, or twilight highlands, or starting at stables
    If that doesn't kill gameplay pvp for you, I don't know what else, I prefer to have 1hour pvp queue then go kill alliance, then get 1min queue to attack horde (one of main reasons I left wow in cata was that)

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    1,980
    Ooo we're on the same server :> I'd love to join on one of my ally alts just to see how it feels like being in a horde guild as ally O.o
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •