Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJango42 View Post

Now with this picture, could it be a foreshadowing of a future event?
    No, its just a picture dude. This is what you call reading too much into something.

"They look like good, strong, hands...don't they?"

Ner'zhul

that is all

I think you people are putting way too much thought into it.
    I'm sure we'll see Bolvar again, just not in this expansion.

is it only i that sees that he is screaming? he's prolly getting a mix between those ''fiery-thingy-mady-by-dragony-thingy'' and the chill of the throne :/ just a though

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGann View Post
    I will admit this loading screen threw me as well, for the simple fact that he wasn't encased in ice. Seems fishy.
    Its because Kel decided to turn the Therostat up in the Frozen Throne, which melted Bolvar and now he's pissed, because HES BURNING and need to be KEPT COLD.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Its a loading screen... do you know how many times loadings screens have been changed since launch?

MAYBE......Bolvar is struggling to fend off Sylvanas'?? She is going all scourge like. Maybe she has something to do with him looking like he is taking a crap in the frozen toilet...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgitonetonator View Post
    MAYBE......Bolvar is struggling to fend off Sylvanas'?? She is going all scourge like. Maybe she has something to do with him looking like he is taking a crap in the frozen toilet...
    fail....

Quick point and any lore mongers that want to correct me go ahead but im pretty sure bolvar is in fact a warrior, and not a paladin, alot of people make that mistake and it bugs me a little as everybody wants to pin the paladin title on almost every alliance hero. Also I think basically the only reason they put that in is because as the old lich king is dead the old screen is outdated. Any struggle he is having is fighting down any of the other minds that are merged into that helm, it takes a person of strong character like bolvar to do that. Also he's not screaming thats just a rictus of effort.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

we will kill Deathwing then Bolvar will rezz him and we will have Deathdeathwing to face next

10+ Year Old Account
    no foreshadowing, just showing you the most important thing that happened in this expansion. and plus, he is just sitting there, it isn't like it is a picture of him doing something ominous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

The Wrath of Bolvar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Here's my theory:

Blizzard wanted a cool new loading screen for people going to Northrend.
    bingo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Sooo... Who else would lol if on the exterior of ICC after patch 4.0, there's a huge glowing neon sign that says "Under new management."
    That would be great, but I think it would be better if it was like that big sign that says "YES WE ARE OPEN" on clerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelphlick View Post
    Quick point and any lore mongers that want to correct me go ahead but im pretty sure bolvar is in fact a warrior, and not a paladin, alot of people make that mistake and it bugs me a little as everybody wants to pin the paladin title on almost every alliance hero. Also I think basically the only reason they put that in is because as the old lich king is dead the old screen is outdated. Any struggle he is having is fighting down any of the other minds that are merged into that helm, it takes a person of strong character like bolvar to do that. Also he's not screaming thats just a rictus of effort.
    Nah apparently he was a Pally, least that's what WoWwiki is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    Nah apparently he was a Pally, least that's what WoWwiki is saying.
    Highlord Bolvar Fordragon was a venerated warrior of the Alliance and served as the Regent of Stormwind following the disappearance of King Varian Wrynn

copied directly from wowwiki, he has never had paladin abilities in game and ive never seen any lore naming him as one.

Edit: Ok so i saw the thing on the side that says hes a paladin and the stuff they link is the damn cardgame and a random one line mention in a quest event. Looks like hes somehow been retconned. /sigh seriously if its one thing the alliance doesn't need more of its paladin lore characters. To clarify he never had any paladin abilities as the city leader he had a cleave and a shout i believe. Sounds warrior to me.
    Last edited by Mixelphlick; 2010-08-14 at 05:24 AM.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Fair enough, I was just going by what was listed in the box under his picture teaches me for not reading properly >.<

Bolvar already looked evil after being burned up and everything. I'm surprised they handed the crown over so quickly. I'm sure he's scarred on the inside just as much as outside.....won't be too shocked if he goes evil or something later on.

And yea it looks bad ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelphlick View Post
    Bolvar was a paladin, heck even at the wrathgate Alextraza says, in dragon though, that "They must not yet know the fate of the paladin"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life