Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Rift of Aln - Will the Emerald Dream be in Cataclysm?

So, Leviathon uploaded a bunch of themes from the Cataclysm soundtrack.

Between them there's one called "The Rift of Aln", which is the name of a region in the Emerald Dream.

Here's the link, copypaste it:
    muziboo.com/leviathonlx3/music/the-rift-of-aln/

Other music files can be found at:
    scrollsoflore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=219379&postcount=3424
    Last edited by Falarson; 2010-08-14 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well it could be a raid

i mean it woulda been hard to base an xpack and despite random trolls blizz does try to stick to lore and the emerald dream would be slighty difficult to have tons of unique stuff.

if its a raid the rift an aln as a raid boss or a raid it would be cool

It will probably be a raid and not an expansion seeing how if it were an actual expansion you'd just see a shit load of filler content till you fight the nightmare and there'd be no cities or anyhing meaning noone would ever be in the emerald dream.

Short answer:
    No...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scix View Post
    Short answer:
    No...
    Wow, great answer you came up with Mr.

Would be awesome tho!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably for a filler patch.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

According to the WoW magazine parts of the Emerald Dream are seeping into parts of Azeroth like in the Barrens.

I'm just gonna post what I posted in a thread identical to this...

I remember a while back that someone posted a pick that showed an updated version of the Emerald Dream. I'm not sure if it was real, but you never know. I would go and check myself if I had a sandbox, but alas.

I found the thread I was talking about.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=Emerald+Dream

When I had checked earlier in the beta, the Emerald Dream was the same, boring, green place that it was since Vanilla. The map number is 169 if any1 has the ability to check. =\

Please be it to

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    I'm just gonna post what I posted in a thread identical to this...
    Ty for info

I'm going with the raid theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore View Post
    Please be it to

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 12:32 AM ----------

Ty for info
    Your Welcome?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    According to the WoW magazine parts of the Emerald Dream are seeping into parts of Azeroth like in the Barrens.
    The Rift of Aln is not one of them. It's currently theorized it is the Emerald Dream counterpart of the Maelstorm. It isn't used for the quest in Hyjal either. I'd wager this music is for something much different.

Hoping for a raid.

I have feeling we'll visit the emerald dream several times over the course of the next few expansions in the form of raids, instances, and phased zones.

It'll never be its own expansion; it's just too damn big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Hoping for a raid.

I have feeling we'll visit the emerald dream several times over the course of the next few expansions in the form of raids, instances, and phased zones.

It'll never be its own expansion; it's just too damn big.
    its to big and other than the nightmare.... there is nothing there i mean tehre is nothing u can make up.... no civilized life other than druids and dragons(and satyrs) live there and its all green..... would be a pretty boring xpack

as a raid... it would be epic!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    It'll never be its own expansion; it would be just too damn boring after the 50th raid with dragons, druids, and the color green.
    Fixed that for you. The expansion ideas for the Emerald Dream are so hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than there usually being the color green associated with the Emerald Dream, it could easily be an expansion. It's supposed to cover the realm of all sorts of dreams. We just did the "ice-world" expac and they managed to make each zone look different for the most part. Certainly the Emerald Dream, were it an expac would be pretty darn green, I know that Blizzard would come up with dozens and dozens of ways to make that green-ness not be an eyesore. As for dragons being freaking everywhere in there, that's not really true, even Northrend wasn't 100% covered in undead. nor was Outland 100% overrun by demons.

And to me, since it's "blueprint" Azeroth, it could easily be it's own "continent" a la Outland/Northrend with tons of different areas.

I personally think it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post

And to me, since it's "blueprint" Azeroth, it could easily be it's own "continent" a la Outland/Northrend with tons of different areas.

I personally think it's coming.
    That's why it's not going to happen.

It is literally larger than kalimdor, EK, and Northrend combined (it also encompasses vast land structures sunken by the sundering). There is no way Blizzard could ever fill a continent that huge with enough content for just one expansion. That is why we'll only ever see bits and pieces of it here and there.

Rift of Aln
    Interestingly enough, myself having a bit of a musical ear the melody for the Rift of Aln lead in has nearly identical stepping, albeit slightly flattened, to the music you would find in Felwood and other areas where demonic corruption is present. The Cello line is clearly modeled slightly after the B.Elf homeland music (There's also an undeniable connection to the High Elves via the choir segments.)

But what's strange is that the Legion-esque portion of the song, albeit mysterious and eerie is not at all antagonistic. The Antagonistic influence of the song stems from the High Elf/Blood Elf influence.

The slightly uplifting sweep towards the end is very faction neutral.

So I take a few things from this song.

#1. Sargeras sez: THE WELL OF ETERNITY WAS MERELY A SETBACK!
    #2. A Legion history lesson, containing information never before revealed.
    #3. A non-horde faction of high/blood elves (maybe Wretched ones, reorganized under a new influence, or an old one who was merely set back) attempting to influence, or otherwise gain access to energies within the Emerald Dream. Or maybe something something well of eternity something emerald dream.

So in conclusion

Well of Eternity - > Maelstrom - > Rift of Aln - > ??????something to do with the Burning Legion???? - > Profit.

EDIT: Oh I forgot
    Deathwing Sez: AND I HALPED
    Last edited by unillenium; 2010-08-14 at 08:46 PM.

Most likely early info on a filler raid probably playing the role as ToC in this expansion...just a taste of whats to come.

We'll probably fight the Shade of Xavius and some other neat stuff, while tying up the lore that relates the old gods and the burning legion. Don't forget about the old gods whisperings in there

Also after listening to it again, there's definitely a wind up to some evil parts...this sounds like it'll be used for a zone where there's going to be massive corruption and at the end something quite breathtaking.
    Last edited by Alienganja; 2010-08-14 at 08:43 PM.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Just thought I'd mention the end sounds like the start up of Lament of the Highborne. I guess Sylvanus is a big link to the elves, but to me a lot of that I associated more with the Undead than elves, but again, Undead elves...