Thread: Tyrande

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    What really should have happened is Malfurion/Tyrande/Maiev/Dath'remar/SOMEONE should have killed Illidan 10 thousand years ago. But nooooooooo... Big brother Stormrage has to take pity on his brother and just lock him away for all time. Then Tyrande gets the bright idea to murder her own people and several forest ancients/keepers to set him free. And then when it turns out that wasn't such a good idea they just BANISH HIM?

And then he screws up AGAIN, but because he helps save Tyrande they just banish him again? BECAUSE IT WORKED SO WELL THE FIRST TIME, RIGHT?!
    So you wouldve preferred the Legion won at Hyjal?
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    It's about time that Tyrande actually did something in the game akin to Garrosh, Varian, Sylvanas, etc. She just stands now in the Temple swooning over Malfurion. Where is the Warrior-Priest of the Sentinels?
    The Night Elves have never really been keen on helping others(EDIT: that is to say, unless they benefit themselves), at least not Tyrande. When Thrall and Jaina's forces set off to Mount Hyjal in order to stop Archimonde, Tyrande sent her army in to kill first and ask questions later.

I could see why she would be involved more now that Ashenvale is being burned to the ground though. So yes, she definately deserves some more credit
    Last edited by KandyCane; 2010-08-14 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heris View Post
    Not true. Jaina is beautiful, not slutty.
    I'm gonna say no. I think Jaina's model has to be one of the uglier models in WoW currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    So you wouldve preferred the Legion won at Hyjal?
    Yes, I know it's fun to play that "WE'D ALL BE FUCKING DEAD IF IT WEREN'T FOR EMODIN DEMON HUNTER GOD EXTRAORDINAIRE!" game but people who do rarely take into account that the time Tyrande spends murdering her own people and those who think bastards who murder people in a selfish pursuit of power don't deserve a second chance, she might have actually been doing something productive.

The two times Malfurion encounters Illidan in-game he subdues him with little effort. Malfurion could have taken out Tichondrius and destroyed the skull of Gul'dan and the events at Hyjal would have played out no differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane View Post
    The Night Elves have never really been keen on helping others, at least not Tyrande. When Thrall and Jaina's forces set off to Mount Hyjal in order to stop Archimonde, Tyrande sent her army in to kill first and ask questions later.

I could see why she would be involved more now that Ashenvale is being burned to the ground though. So yes, she definately deserves some more credit
    To be fair, their first encounter with orcs resulted in their demigod being slaughtered

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

To be fair, their first encounter with orcs resulted in their demigod being slaughtered
    Their first encounter with the orcs was them raining down arrows on helpless peons cutting down trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Heris View Post
    Not true. Jaina is beautiful, not slutty.

/eyebrow

10+ Year Old Account
    But wasn't that in self defense too?

10+ Year Old Account
    The way things are looking it's only a matter of time before all faction leaders get remodeled or a brand new armor look.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a night elf. You have spent countless centuries guarding these forests which are now your home. You see these, people for want of a better term, come and start deforesting your home. You could try being diplomatic with them, asking them kindly not to cut down their home. or the, to them, more logical choice of trying to drive them from the forests.

- King Stannis Baratheon

ITT: Horde fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Dog View Post
    ITT: Horde fanboys.
    Ohai

OT: Her model could use a touch-up, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

You are a night elf. You have spent countless centuries guarding these forests which are now your home. You see these, people for want of a better term, come and start deforesting your home. You could try being diplomatic with them, asking them kindly not to cut down their home. or the, to them, more logical choice of trying to drive them from the forests.
    And then bitch about it when the orcs win, of course.

AND THEN continue the feud with the orcs even though humans start coming over and they have to cut down trees too. Oh, and dwarves are excavating all over the damn place. BUT THAT'S OKAY, RIGHT?!

Night elves are morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know it's fun to play that "WE'D ALL BE FUCKING DEAD IF IT WEREN'T FOR EMODIN DEMON HUNTER GOD EXTRAORDINAIRE!" game but people who do rarely take into account that the time Tyrande spends murdering her own people and those who think bastards who murder people in a selfish pursuit of power don't deserve a second chance, she might have actually been doing something productive.

The two times Malfurion encounters Illidan in-game he subdues him with little effort. Malfurion could have taken out Tichondrius and destroyed the skull of Gul'dan and the events at Hyjal would have played out no differently.
    Let's examine the WC3 mission where you play as Illidan.

Your first task is to destroy the Skull of Guldan (consume it).

Arthas told him that he needed to consume it in order to destroy Tichondrius. Using the skull would be the only way to stop him. And so he consumed it.

Lets also examine the mechanics of that mission. Tichondrius has Divine Armor. The only way to damage him is, gasp, with chaos attacks. And so, Illidan was needed.

I will agree that Tyrande was extreme in murdering Maiev's watchers.

Id also like to say that I prefer Maiev as a character over Tyrande.

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 12:23 AM ----------

And then bitch about it when the orcs win, of course.

AND THEN continue the feud with the orcs even though humans start coming over and they have to cut down trees too. Oh, and dwarves are excavating all over the damn place. BUT THAT'S OKAY, RIGHT?!

Night elves are morons.
    The dwarves were excavating in Ashenvale? Really?

- King Stannis Baratheon

Arthas told him that he needed to consume it in order to destroy Tichondrius. Using the skull would be the only way to stop him. And so he consumed it.
    I'm going to point something out to you that may come as a shock...

ARTHAS IS ONE EVIL SUM'BITCH!

He could have easily been lying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woot! Finally someone else who thinks Tyrande's a fucking idiot for releasing Illidan!

Right, and Malfurion was just sitting around twiddling his thumbs while Illidan was doing all that, right? He had his hands full gathering up an army to fight the Legion. There's a reason Arthas gave Illidan that tidbit about the Skull, and that's because Ner'zhul as the Lich King had the gift of foresight, and likely knew that if Illidan didn't consume the Skull of Gul'dan and slay Tichondrius that Azeroth would fall to the Burning Legion.

Let's not forget also that Illidan would have destroyed the Lich King as well if not for Malfurion interrupting. Before the BC retcon, Illidan after his release seemed to have an actual desire to prove his worthiness to his brother. Collateral damage notwithstanding, Illidan was of great service to the people of Azeroth, and in my mind, vindicated Tyrande. She knew Illidan would help them defeat the Legion, and he did. The death of the Watchers, who defied their own leader in the name of duty, was necessary. They considered Illidan being free a failure in their duty, even though their duty stood in the way of Azeroth's salvation. It's not as if she massacred them..they fought, and she won. Small price to pay for doing what was necessary at the time.

Tyrande Whisperwind is a no bullshit kinda gal. She shoots first, and asks questions later. She does this not out of malice, but because her vast experience makes her fiercely protective of the things she loves. I find your characterization of her overly simplified.

Jaina's model update isn't so bad, but the bedroom eyes kind obscure the bookwormishness impression I got from Warcraft 3. It would also be nice if her hair didn't go through her body.

Back on Topic: Tyrande will probably get a new model, If she doesn't its not much of a lose cause it doesn't look like she'll be playing a big enough roll in Cataclysm to warrant one.

I'm going to point something out to you that may come as a shock...

ARTHAS IS ONE EVIL SUM'BITCH!

He could have easily been lying.
    Arthas and the Lich King had as much to lose if the Legion won as anyone else did. Namely, that the Scourge would have served its purpose, and would have been wiped out. Evil or good has nothing to do with it. He had no motivation to lie, and every motivation to tell the truth.

Deleted
    Tyrande definitely deserves a better model, all along a greater involvement in story development..
    Think what you prefer about her action, but she has certainly an awesome character concept..