Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrea View Post
    More like fear for unique/interesting things in this game
    No, it's just whining. Those that want things just because they're unique are pretty silly. Those that want things because they're interesting shouldn't care about how many people have it or how easy it is to get; they'll want it because it's interesting and they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    No, it's just whining. Those that want things just because they're unique are pretty silly. Those that want things because they're interesting shouldn't care about how many people have it or how easy it is to get; they'll want it because it's interesting and they like it.
    Sorry, wanting neat and rare things in an MMO is silly? REALLY??? People complain about gear looking the same, people in towns all looking the same- this is the step in the SAME DIRECTION.

Unique items makes the game interesting.

Nowadays people are missing out on that "awe factor" (this is beyond epeen because like I said, I want this to remain rare even if I don't get one) that vanilla and parts of tbc had.

I want to be able to see an item and go "wow, I want that some day..." rather than "lol thats cool I'll have that soon enough too"
    Last edited by Eldrea; 2010-08-14 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    TRH = Invincible
    <0.01% of WoW population using a model that blizz probably spent equal hours in as any other = waste of resources, adding TRH totally made up for it.
    Kael'thas Phoenix mount
    <0.01% of WoW population has it, and it's only use is for phoenixes (only TK/MGT?), which is a waste as well. Put it in as a global mount = money well spent!

You guys should be glad Blizzard didn't just make the mount available through their online store.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    I think that it'll be something for level 25 in your guild..

Once you reach level 25(Which is apparently going to be really hard and time consuming), then this is probably the reward.
    Probably (and hopefully) yes.

Will make all the ninjas and guildhoppers stay in a guild for a long time (and ninja:ing will maybe go down abit).

Sorry, wanting neat and rare things in an MMO is silly? REALLY??? People complain about gear looking the same, people in towns all looking the same- this is the step in the SAME DIRECTION.

Nowadays people are missing out on that "awe factor" (this is beyond epeen because like I said, I want this to remain rare even if I don't get one) that vanilla and parts of tbc had.
    The "awe" factor as you so put it, had to do with the game still being new. What makes a mount or an item rare is it's availability. Like the black Qiraji battle tank, the Corrupted Ashbringer, or the Black and Plagued Protodrakes.

10+ Year Old Account

I want to be able to see an item and go "wow, I want that some day..." rather than "lol thats cool I'll have that soon enough too"
    There's nothing wrong with wanting rare things. I'll tell you what there is something wrong with though.

Whining about this, when there is fucking obviously going to be rare mounts that you can drool over instead. Just because it's a phoenix doesn't mean it HAS to be OMFG-super-rare. Get over it, or are you lamenting the "desecration" of Ashes of Al'ar? As if that's hard to get anyway anymore, I had it drop recently in one of my weekly runs.

It's whine, don't even try to claim it as something more valid.
    "The truth, my goal."

Who gives a flying duck if that will be a guild reward and avaliable for guildies when they reach Exalted

Its a good stuff , be happy they added it
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    There's nothing wrong with wanting rare things. I'll tell you what there is something wrong with though.

Whining about this, when there is fucking obviously going to be rare mounts that you can drool over instead. Just because it's a phoenix doesn't mean it HAS to be OMFG-super-rare. Get over it, or are you lamenting the "desecration" of Ashes of Al'ar? As if that's hard to get anyway anymore, I had it drop recently in one of my weekly runs.

It's whine, don't even try to claim it as something more valid.
    I never anywhere said that this is a desecration of ashes of alar- I just think this mount is gorgeous and deserves to be rare.

Seems like any opinion that disagrees with yours is whining...

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA&fmt=18 < This. There will never be a mount as bad as TRH. The Lion and the Phoenix will probably only be available to guilds who reach level 25, so basically, good guilds. Also, the Lion and Phoenix actually look cool.

I'm just happy its apparently going to be in the game. Also, I am wondering what the horde guild mount will be, and what exactly the ground mounts look like? Like, do they have the guild tabard graphic on their armor or something?

I sure as hell hope not. I hope it will be extremely rare and difficult to get...that's what makes things like this neat.
    Even if I personally don't get one, I want them to remain rare.

But it seems like that type of thinking is diminishing lately...
    well you better take it off the grill.*nudgenudge*

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooStu View Post
    well you better take it off the grill.*nudgenudge*
    *cry* :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I never anywhere said that this is a desecration of ashes of alar- I just think this mount is gorgeous and deserves to be rare.

Looking past the logic fails I'll deal with this directly.

I never said you said it was a desecration, it was a speculation, added to illustrate my point better and cover a possibility, key word possibility.

Also, I wasn't speaking about your opinion (although it seems that it is in fact your opinion - that the Dark phoenix is a bad idea) I was speaking (to you in fact) about people that are and will whine about this, you just became one of them. Your's and their arguments consisting of elitist-esque whine is the cause of my disagreement, not the other way round.

So what you seem to be implying is that if something has a nice model, it should be rare and only the top raiders/pvpers should get it? There's not a limited amount of pretty mounts they can make, I guarantee you there will be better ones that come as rewards for the raiding achievements, arena, or Mimiron's head and Onyxia type mounts.

Depending on the cost and glevel required it may indeed become the Bronze Drake of cata, but there are going to be easy to get mounts, and just because they're easy to get doesn't mean they should have a bad model.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Looking past the logic fails I'll deal with this directly.

I never said you said it was a desecration, it was a speculation, added to illustrate my point better and cover a possibility, key word possibility.

Also, I wasn't speaking about your opinion (although it seems that it is in fact your opinion - that the Dark phoenix is a bad idea) I was speaking (to you in fact) about people that are and will whine about this, you just became one of them. Your's and their arguments consisting of elitist-esque whine is the cause of my disagreement, not the other way round.

So what you seem to be implying is that if something has a nice model, it should be rare and only the top raiders/pvpers should get it? There's not a limited amount of pretty mounts they can make, I guarantee you there will be better ones that come as rewards for the raiding achievements, arena, or Mimiron's head and Onyxia type mounts.

Depending on the cost and glevel required it may indeed become the Bronze Drake of cata, but there are going to be easy to get mounts, and just because they're easy to get doesn't mean they should have a bad model.
    B-but...it is so epic looking and pretty! ARRRRGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timerthy View Post
    probably only be available to guilds who reach level 25, so basically, good guilds.
    Just as T10 is only availaible to players who reach levele 80, so basically, good players. Oh wait...

back to the topic though; Not every good looking mount has to be über rare one per battlegroup legendary.

The rareness of a mount shouldn't be decided on something as subjective as prettiness. There need to be easier to get mounts for new players/alts I can see no reason to create some hideous models no one would want to fill this role - why make deliberately ugly models for something a player is meant to want?

Personally I think the dark phoenix looks okay. I always loved Ashes of Alar because it was essentially making a raid boss into your mount which I'm sure we can all agree is very cool. But looks wise it will never be as imposing as a decent drake. The same is true of this mount - it is quite pretty but you won't stand out like someone on a rare drake does, nor will you stand out like someone on Alar does for the simple reason that it is seldom seen.

So make it common as you wish Blizzard, I know you will have much more impressive mounts available through rep grinds, drops and PvP.

As for impressiveness being subjective also, I'd argue not nearly to the extent of prettiness. What is and isn't pretty varies considerably from person to person but impressiveness tends to be quite steady.

Obviously, this is Blizzards way of saying that "joining a guild will definitely be rewarding". I don't really want to jump on the QQ bandwagon here and neither should you. This is the next TRH. Deal with it.

I came here to tell you all to QQ more. As such I say the following: QQ more.
    Meanwhile, in Finland...

Deleted

You can always ride your Mimiron's Head or Invincible and leave the Dark Phoenix to us scrubs.