Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question: 310% Flying

I have a character without epic flying but a 310% mount. Did I find a loophole in the system that will save me 10k to get 310% flying come Cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, since you need 280% flight to purchase it.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    No, since you need 280% flight to purchase it.
    Apparently you missed that if you have a 310% mount you get it for free in Cataclysm. I have a 310% mount but no training.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still have to buy it, it'll just be free. To be able to buy it, you must have epic flying (which won't be free).

You need to buy 280% before you can buy 310%, so no I dont think you found a loophole.

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is that if its 5k for 310%, perhaps they will lower 280% from 5k as well

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

I believe all mounts that are currently 310% are going DOWN to 280% and will require the purchase of 310 to go back up.

FFS no one in this thread knows what they're talking about or has answered my question yet.

IDGAF if I need 280% to buy 310%. I'm not buying anything. I'm asking if I get an automatic 310% flying skill just for owning a 310% mount, just as Blizzard stated would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I believe all mounts that are currently 310% are going DOWN to 280% and will require the purchase of 310 to go back up.
    No, just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elitistniceguy View Post
    I'm asking if I get an automatic 310% flying skill just for owning a 310% mount, just as Blizzard stated would happen.
    Blizzard never said that. If you own a 310%, the 310% flying skill is free. You must go to a trainer and pay 0G.
    Also, you don't have a 310% mount if it's just lying in your bags and you can't learn it

Deleted
    FFS no one in this thread knows what they're talking about or has answered my question yet.

IDGAF if I need 280% to buy 310%. I'm not buying anything. I'm asking if I get an automatic 310% flying skill just for owning a 310% mount, just as Blizzard stated would happen.
    No you can't if the 310% mount is in your bag, but if you learned it you will.

We answered your question, you apparently have difficulty reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying Cold Weather Flying doesn't give you Epic Flying for free, so I don't see your point.

10+ Year Old Account

Think there's very few individuals that have a 310%, but no 280% training - so I doubt that there's anyone here that can help you.

Besides that, this is a bad place to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you missed that if you have a 310% mount you get it for free in Cataclysm. I have a 310% mount but no training.
    Apparently you missed the part where learning 310% flying speed whether it's free or not requires 280%. You can't honestly believe they'd leave a loophole like that in game, can you?
    "The truth, my goal."

Simply possessing the mount isn't enough; you have to have actually learned the mount. You can't do that without having the 280% speed training already.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Simply possessing the mount isn't enough; you have to have actually learned the mount. You can't do that without having the 280% speed training already.
    This is a good answer. Everything I needed to know in a single sentence.

The rest of you kinda suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

The new 310% Speed Flying Mount skill costs 5000 gold to train. People who already own a 310% flying mount get it for free.

You believe wrong

I'd wager you'd have to have it in your fancy list of mounts in the character pane to be eligible for the free upgrade.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The rest of you kinda suck.

This is what I heard:

Reading comprehension is hard! Why didn't the rest of you dumb it way, waay down for me?