Thread: Need on Ring

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Need on Ring

I was on my Feral Druid today.
    I'm mostly Cat specced, with a few survivability talents.
    He's level 74 right now.

From 73-74 I went with a healer friend of mine, and I tanked those dungeons. Very easy, and only very few deaths.
    So when my friend had to log off, I decided to queue for a random, on my own.'

There was a 80 Priest healer, 74 Hunter, 74 Warrior and 74 Paladin. And of course me, a lvl 74 bear in mostly cat spec.
    Note: They were from the same server and guild.

It went very steady, and no problems.. Until http://www.wowhead.com/item=43277 dropped.
    I wanted to replace it with my current http://www.wowhead.com/item=25779.
    So I needed on it. The Paladin and Warrior did as well.
    Moments later, they start to say, that I should hand over the ring to the Warrior, because I queued as a tank, and it's a DPS ring.
    It's a huge upgrade to me, and I decide to just keep on going.
    They then keep on saying that I'm a tank and it's a DPS ring, and I'm a noob and such.
    I tell them that I'm normally Cat DPS, but trying some tanking, as I wanted to experience it.
    We get to the last boss, and I pull.
    The Priest tells me, after I pulled boss, that he refuses to heal me.
    So I popped all CDs, and eventually soloed the boss, to the part, where you have to fight your group members.
    I soloed it that far, as the DPS guys also stopped DPS'ing the boss.
    While I had to fight my groupies, I just took the hits from the clones, because they hardly hit me anything.
    So I told them that they should start doing something, otherwise we would die.
    As expected, they just said lol in chat, and did nothing.
    Evil as I am, I popped Shadowmeld, and then they could suddenly move their ass.
    The boss eventually died, and they all went mad at me.
    I traded the Warrior, that I got told to give the ring to. I putted the ring into the trade window, and left the group.

What would you do? And was it the right decision?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would tell him to stop being a loot whore if I was you mate . Very Smart move with Shadowmeld I gotta say . Also it's a druid ring all the way . Warriors need Strength and / or Armour Penetration alot more than agility
    Insert Signiture here.

Does it really matter? its a levelling dungeon. - Tat beeing said it was a good tank-upgrade for you also, so i prob would have needed.

Deleted
    They got what they deserved. You did the right thing - and it was even a very, very good upgrade for a feral tank. And you made me laugh! :-P Shadowmeld and they're moving!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I find this pretty funny, since #1, it's a perfectly good tanking upgrade for you, #2 Warriors and Paladins shouldn't be using agility anyway, #3 they can't grasp the fact that you DPS normally anyway, #4 They're such a bunch of retards they decide t oscrew themselves over by being immature little dicks.

Those are the type of people that really do ruin WoW. I hate them with a passion, and I'd feel nothing but happiness if every single person like that were hacked, as they are no doubt incredibly stupid many of them probably will get hacked anyway. Fuck them.
    "The truth, my goal."

I would have ignored these fools and left the group the second the priest said he wouldn't heal you. "GL with getting a new tank "

If you know its an upgrade (and it seems like you did) then it doesn't matter what anyone says. I probably would have made fun of them for the rest of the instance, giving them loot advice like spirit and shit for melee dps. If they said "really? cool!" its a good sign to leave group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Guess they're just stupid then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Those are the type of people that really do ruin WoW. I hate them with a passion, and I'd feel nothing but happiness if every single person like that were hacked, as they are no doubt incredibly stupid many of them probably will get hacked anyway. Fuck them.
    /salute

Deleted
    shadowmeld ftw! u did wat i would have done xD

Lol.
    I wish they didn't have a 80 healer.. Then they would of been dead.

I'd tell them to cry more. They'll replace it in a few more levels anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    You made just one mistake: You actually gave the ring to the whining kid.

Me ? In random LFG, I'll need on everything I need. I queue as tank and I WILL need on dps stuff if I need it for off-spec. Instances are made for ppl to gear up, not to follow some ridiculous rules that say you should have a 15 min queue just because if you queue as tank you can't need on dps stuff.

i think he meant he just showed it in the trade window, and left before he actualy traded it to him.

not 100% sure though

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i think he meant he just showed it in the trade window, and left before he actualy traded it to him.

not 100% sure though
    You should be 100% sure, as that's what I did. Just wanted him to see what he never accomplished to get.

Deleted
    You can't have mine!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say he traded it, just taunted the guy with it before leaving.

Sheep Next time tell Them to L2p that is so a Feral druid tanking ring lol it adds crit, ap, agility and Stam wow the 4 stats a bear wants :P(Up to a point you know crit isnt the best but you want at least 50%)

Me ? In random LFG, I'll need on everything I need. I queue as tank and I WILL need on dps stuff if I need it for off-spec. Instances are made for ppl to gear up, not to follow some ridiculous rules that say you should have a 15 min queue just because if you queue as tank you can't need on dps stuff.
    He put the ring in the trade window and left the group. Basically made the Warrior think he was getting the terrible upgrade and down wtfpwnd in the end.

Kudos to you sir. Nicely played on that last boss - I bet if any of those complaining were tanking they would've died far before you hit Shadowmeld.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should just left if they were pissing you off. You can que as a tank so you get instant ques anyway.
    Last edited by Epuration; 2010-08-14 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling fail

Deleted
    I'd say you had a fair and equal roll to the Warr and Paladin purely because it's an upgrade for your tanking set. The fact that you're usually DPS is a complete nonissue because you came as a tank, to say otherwise would be dredging up the old 'Tank rolled on my Needle Encrusted Scorpion' argument. As it is they shouldn't have whined if you'd just explained you needed it for tanking.
    On another note, nice work with the ending

I'd say you were fine if you were aware it was a tanking upgrade. If you were rolling for dps as a tank, you were all being obnoxious.