Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Ret Paladins have a priority system, and they're called faceroll all the time...so, what, are we just looking at procs?

What procs do you have that make it so hard? Is it the 15k revenges that are ALWAYS up? Or is it just Sword and Board?

And any GOOD Paladin tank works in other abilities to 969, such as Avenger's Shield (which, glyph'd, hits ALMOST as hard as revenge), Holy Wrath, Sacred Shield, Hands, and Divine Sacrifice/Divine Guardian. Hell, I've saved the raid multiple times through Lay on Hands while tanking.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...wtopic#p521490

substitution is a tricky thing, in terms of TPS as that thread shows, subbing AS for holy shield results in lower TPS, only hammer is ever subbed now.

rotations and priorities are all easy, dont ever fool yourself if you think anything is hard (regarding this entire thread here). the difficulty of each tank class comes from the role you play not the class. using all abilities to their best will be something of discussion among your peers for however long you progress through content.

also, dsac is awesome, that is all
    Last edited by conaan; 2010-08-15 at 04:56 PM. Reason: lawl quoted wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by Cowsftl View Post
    Even one Thunder Clap does more threat than concentrate does during the duration.

It's Consecrate btw. If you're trying to prove a point make sure your facts are straight.

A good tank is not a warrior, paladin nor a druid - he's a human being able to read suituations; quickly adapt and react to every single situation for optimal outcome. He is clever, confident in his gameplay, and understands that tanking isn't about mashing the right buttons, but about making the right choises at the right times for (as mentioned above) optimal outcome.

And btw, I personally like the feel of the warrior better than the paladin, however it became kinda dull in cataclysm with the infinite rage and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowsftl View Post
    Lol ..

Learn your facts before posting. Even one Thunder Clap does more threat than concentrate does during the duration.

K mr tard 1 yes it does now 2 that comment wad reference to lightfist asking where did warriors get the idea thY conceration did alo of aggro. When you simply think about it yeah seems like a crap ton of threat but actual mechanic no it doesn't anymore so please stop trying to pick a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altus View Post

K mr tard 1 yes it does now 2 that comment wad reference to lightfist asking where did warriors get the idea thY conceration did alo of aggro. When you simply think about it yeah seems like a crap ton of threat but actual mechanic no it doesn't anymore so please stop trying to pick a fight.
    Wait? I'm trying to start a fight? I love internet <3

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    It's Consecrate btw. If you're trying to prove a point make sure your facts are straight.
    As far as I know, this is a Wow site not a spelling contest.

Altus, because Ignorant Scrubs always think they are expert in every field.

Just an advice, crawl back asap under the rock you came from, before you ashame yourself even more with your display of scrubness and ignorance, you give every War tank out there a very bad name JUST by writing those senseless rants....

(oh and i'm pretty sure light now far more than you do the 4 tanking classes, like i most probably do too, thing you would have known if you would have taken the time to READ the topic instead of jumping in without brains).

Once again, Warriors are not "harder" (specially not on single target fights), they might be a little more tricky to manage on AoE fights with dumb dps on your back (ie : 95% of AoE fights ), since Pallies got an insane AoE threat and the advantage of being able to unload their aggro move from the start, instead of depending of initial threat and being hit/missed to be able to do something, but really otherwise they are close, specially in raids.

It's just that the SnB proc, coupled with revenge and HS spam makes it feel a little more dynamic than pallies.

Out of this, it's always the same.

PS : oh and maybe before stating stupid things like a 80% threat bonus on consecration, L2R abilities/talents tooltips and how the class you are trying to belittle works....

edit>> oh and if you could write in somehow comprehensible english that makes sense it would be nice, your last post has no meaning at all in any language i know off.
    Last edited by Ashareth; 2010-08-16 at 01:14 AM.

I personally prefer tanking on a pally more so than any class. Its easy and there is usually always an ability up if you lose agro to quickly take it back. For a DK Death and Decay just isn't enough for holding a lot of threat on multiple mobs

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Warrior tanking is harder? Spamming Herioc Strike with a Priority of Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate.. That is pretty hard I guess..
    Harder then the 2 button macro that is pallie tanking. Also you have to work quite a bit more at aoe tanking as a warrior rather than just spamming your single target rotation and switching to soc.

But warbringer and intervene is what does it for me wouldn't trade those for being op as any other tank class. Plus dps warriors love you for being a prot war since they don't have to sunder.

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 01:57 AM ----------

Consecrate does low damage but it stays there which is nice if adds are not all coming together. Cannot wait until they balance warrior aoe and single target threat around having carpal tunnel though, that is the main reason that warriors are a bit harder is the more than double apm that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Harder then the 2 button macro that is pallie tanking. Also you have to work quite a bit more at aoe tanking as a warrior rather than just spamming your single target rotation and switching to soc.

But warbringer and intervene is what does it for me wouldn't trade those for being op as any other tank class. Plus dps warriors love you for being a prot war since they don't have to sunder.

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 01:57 AM ----------

Consecrate does low damage but it stays there which is nice if adds are not all coming together. Cannot wait until they balance warrior aoe and single target threat around having carpal tunnel though, that is the main reason that warriors are a bit harder is the more than double apm that is required.
    Don't make me laugh about the "sunder" part that makes war dps happy since they don't care, because they don't even try to put it up and maintain it when they are in a raid unless the RL told them specifically to do so and told them they would be loot banned if they didn't.....
    Take a raid with 3 war fury, and you'll see, 9 times out of 10, even if they are asked to do so, they won't put sunder up, and even if they do, they'll do it once to 5 stacks and let it drop soon after to never put it again.....

Oh and sorry, the 2 macro rotation of the protadin is a sucky reference, you can reach roughly the same level of competency on a warrior with a 2 button macro, ie : being shit.

The only things that makes so much people put the protadin in the "loleasy" category are :
    - they have a really good aoe threat, and most people only notice what tanks do in instances where aoe matters
    - there is a sad meme in the wow community that paladin are "lol" (except healers), faceroll and such, even if they have three times a fury war job to do in dps and roughly the same things (in a different way) than a prot war in prot.
    In AoE situations, yes, the paladin have it easier most of the times (ie : with the stupid fuckers that don't understand a thing outside of "meeee deeeepeeeesssss naooowww bitttch" at your back), but they have as much to do in raid tanking (maybe more in quite some situation), while warriors have it quite easier in those situations.

We are, once again, back to "the class i play is better, i don't have any fact/proof except that i said so, but i'm right, you are wrong, your class is shit easy for noobs lololololo", the single focus of wowers for years, and it's pathetic.
    It's sad that an mmo community tries to mimic so much the worst parts of rl we could have get rid off.... Encouraging mediocrity, stupidity and fanaticism is NEVER a good idea or the good solution.
    Learn to think, learn to adapt, use your fucking BRAIN, it's there for that (at least for those who have one, and the more time i spend with the wow community, the more i think it's like 5% of the players who have one ).
    Last edited by Ashareth; 2010-08-16 at 06:35 PM.

Pick up warrior, paladin has been overpowered this whole expansion.. I see them getting nerf'd hard for the first few patchs in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Pick up warrior, paladin has been overpowered this whole expansion.. I see them getting nerf'd hard for the first few patchs in cata
    You mean when the paladins were useless except for trash for the whole Naxx tier ? Or when they were next to useless in Ulduar ? Or when they were nerfed hard in the early ICC because they were too good (ie : there was not enough warriors main tanking anymore and it's unacceptable for Blizz) ?

The Paladins only shined during ToC (mostly TotGC because Block tanks were uber for it) and early ICC. I don't call that "being overpowered the whole expansion". It's like pretending that Dk were op the whole expansion whenfor ToC and most of ICC (and still now, but it's a mistake) they were dubbed as "so gimped they are useless".

edit>> Once again, try both and then make your choice. You might end up liking both, and becoming one of the crazy people out there with the 4 tanking classes at 80 and decent gear on each one.

I have tanked on all four classes at 80, up to the LK on a DK / Warrior, and those by far are my favorite two. After being a paladin tank at 70, the fact that they gear just like warriors now, is sad. They feel like want to be warrior to me. My paladin quickly went from prot / ret to holy ret.

IMO, Warrior> Dk > Druid > Paladin. In terms of fun.
    In terms of burst threat, DK > Warrior > Paladin > Druid.

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashareth View Post
    Don't make me laugh about the "sunder" part that makes war dps happy since they don't care, because they don't even try to put it up and maintain it when they are in a raid unless the RL told them specifically to do so and told them they would be loot banned if they didn't.....
    Take a raid with 3 war fury, and you'll see, 9 times out of 10, even if they are asked to do so, they won't put sunder up, and even if they do, they'll do it once to 5 stacks and let it drop soon after to never put it again.....).

You sir, raid with garbage warriors then. giving the entire raid 20% less armor to deal with is huge, and if they refuse to do it, then they don't deserve to be in a raid slot. End of story.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy25 View Post
    I have tanked on all four classes at 80, up to the LK on a DK / Warrior, and those by far are my favorite two. After being a paladin tank at 70, the fact that they gear just like warriors now, is sad. They feel like want to be warrior to me. My paladin quickly went from prot / ret to holy ret.

IMO, Warrior> Dk > Druid > Paladin. In terms of fun.
    In terms of burst threat, DK > Warrior > Paladin > Druid.

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 07:57 PM ----------

You sir, raid with garbage warriors then. giving the entire raid 20% less armor to deal with is huge, and if they refuse to do it, then they don't deserve to be in a raid slot. End of story.
    I never said it was a good thing, i just said it was a reality, like rogues/hunters that don't use tott/md, rogues that refuse to use expose armor when there is no warriors to do it, mages/pallies/etc that don't dispel/decurse when they are the only ones able to do it and a lot of things like that.

I don't like it, find it sad, find it even more sad that you have to ASK war dps to do it when there is no war tank and even like that be sure it won't be done if you don't do it (and will drop if you have to move out for any reason like the flame debuff on Jaraxxus at a bad time), but it's most of the war dps behaving like that out there, EVEN when they are in normal raiding guilds.

I tank as a Paladin, Warrior, and DK, and to be honest the highest threat is the DK but it is also the lowest survivability / mitigation. Paladin tanking is alright, Warrior tanking is about the same with the changes to thunderclap and adding shockwave. They all work if you push some buttons.

DK survivability/mitigation is only the lowest if you don't take the cooldowns into account. When you do take them into account it's roughly even (a little above with 4p T10 i would say), main problem being that with far less "predictable burst damage" now (compared to Ulduar for exemple, or Sarth), it's far more interesting and leads to the recurrent problem of "use the short cd every time it's up to lower incoming damage overall, or keep it as OHSH*T and up overall damage".

Warrior tanking for sure. One word : Warbringer, charge and intercept usable in any stance.

Shockwave is also the most overpowered 5 man instance ability tanking wise imo.

I have a warrior tank, but I don't see where the sucky aoe threat comes in...I pick up aoe fights just fine.

Deleted
    Id say warriors are more fun then palies

if you enjoy seeing big numbers on your screen (i know i do) pick warrior.... 10k+ shield slams and revenges makes me feel good inside :P

on the other hand... if you enjoy seeing a ton (exagerating a bit except in AoE) of smaller numbers, go pally

a few side notes: pallies are very strong when AoE tanking compared to warriors esp in ICC against undeads (but warriors can be good too if you have equal gear and know what youre doing) pallies can generally take more magic damage than warriors while warriors can generally take more physical damage (in the form of double block damage) warriors have superb single target threat which will be useful as a new/undergeared tank

so yeah, these are a few things to think about
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

I'm must be really weird but one of the first things i disabled in the Combat Text options was damage....
    (and actually i don't even have an addon to track biggest crits/heals/hits anymore).

I don't see how it is relevant in anyway to gameplay ???