Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Very Serious Lore Question

Why are there squirrels in dalaran?

You can find them around the fountain.

How did they get there?

Did they fly there on their tiny squirrel flying mounts?
    Did a careless dwarf accidentally bring one in their baggage?
    Are they mage squirrels that can teleport from city to city?
    Did they use the crystal below Dalaran, if so how did they operate it and how did they get to it in the first place?

This is a deep and sophisticated mystery that needs solving.

I leave it to you to answer the question here in this thread, the question we have all had in the backs of our minds for a long time now, one that needs answering and its mystery solving. Why are there squirrels in Dalaran?

The Leprechaun Flute, it will grant you a wish each time you use it, but you can only use it 3 times, so choose wisely. Yes, it shocked me aswell.

Rhonin abandoned his use of the raptor army and erected a new, more powerful creature. The squirrels you see are the first products from his new army and are feeding intelligence data to his computer
    -You must grab life firmly by the balls, softly but firmly
    -let them know you are there
    -but dont scare them, because if you do you're screwed

Didn't Dalaran used to be in Alterac? On the ground?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    so...uh...anyone else having login problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

The following explanation might be shocking, and is thus unsuited for those below 12 years of age, pregnant women, people with a history of heart problems and epileptics. A suitably long separator is being put beyond this point to ensure you won't accidentally read it and can still turn back if you're at risk for reading.

This is your final chance to turn back.

The squirrels have always lived there, they just got moved along with the city when it was moved to Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    Didn't Dalaran used to be in Alterac? On the ground?
    Pretty much this. Anything that was in Dalaran was lifted up with it.

I'm going with mage squirrels, although that poses another question: Do mage squirrels have Polymorph:Human?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering Dalaran was once located in Alterac, maybe they were inside the city before they moved Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I'm going with mage squirrels, although that poses another question: Do mage squirrels have Polymorph:Human?
    Then how come when i try to constantly kill them i never get nova'd. None of this makes sense

WE need answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAST View Post
    Then how come when i try to constantly kill them i never get nova'd. None of this makes sense

WE need answers
    Because the real squirrel mage had already invis'd and what you killed was a mirror image! Squirrel mages are so powerful that a frost nova would create another ice age, they have to be careful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kbk View Post
    Why are there squirrels in dalaran?

You can find them around the fountain.

How did they get there?

Did they fly there on their tiny squirrel flying mounts?
    Did a careless dwarf accidentally bring one in their beard?
    Are they mage squirrels that can teleport from city to city?
    Did they use the crystal below Dalaran, if so how did they operate it and how did they get to it in the first place?

This is a deep and sophisticated mystery that needs solving.

I leave it to you to answer the question here in this thread, the question we have all had in the backs of our minds for a long time now, one that needs answering and its mystery solving. Why are there squirrels in Dalaran?
    Little hotfix there for ya.

squirrels are actually a secret orginization that rhonin created to keep dalaran from falling into notherand
    Tell my why i have to be a power slave!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Because the real squirrel mage had already invis'd and what you killed was a mirror image! Squirrel mages are so powerful that a frost nova would create another ice age, they have to be careful
    lol`d

15+ Year Old Account
    First rule about forums: When the words "very" and "serious" are in the title. The topic is far from it.

They can't have ALL been there since Dalaran was moved. I mean between us we must've killed millions of them, where are they all hiding?

Deleted
    What if the squirrels are polymorphed human mages, and the humans polymorphed squirrel mages!!!11

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blethers View Post
    They can't have ALL been there since Dalaran was moved. I mean between us we must've killed millions of them, where are they all hiding?
    They live underground obviously....haven't you seen how big the underground is from the outside?

Deleted
    It's that loopy gnome, Manabonk, or something, he has polymorphed several players through his time, not only into sheep, but also, yes, squirrels. Better hope you didn't kill a friend last time you mooshed a squirrel in the park.

Well the obvious answer is that Dalaran used to be on the ground. But a retort is: why are these creatures still alive? How are they still alive? The world may never know...