Deleted

310 flying speed

i just was looking on mmo and seen that 310% flying speed is going to cost 5K gold how can that be 5K gold for 10% speed or is there another faster speed coming out

280% and 310% is somehow 10% more?
    Theres no faster speed coming out and 5k is a very fair price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get violet protodrake. It's not even hard

All your 280% mounts will be 310%. ALL of them.
    Netherdrakes going 310%? Hell yeah =D
    Nether Rays doing 310% ? Woohoo!

It's not like you get the Training AND then you also have to collect the mounts.
    It upgrades ALL your 280% mounts.
    Everything tastes like Chicken! Even Chicken!

Deleted
    i know that but when it went from 100% to 280% thats worth it but the change is so small and for the same price

Quote Originally Posted by killerbob View Post
    i know that but when it went from 100% to 280% thats worth it but the change is so small and for the same price
    It's at the same price because getting money these days is insanely easy and will be even easier in Cataclysm. Training each ability costs 10c (not sure if that will stay though), you only have to train each ability once.. not 10 times over. Just from questing from 80 to 83 I got 2k gold and half of the mobs dont even have a loot table yet. Trust me when saying 5k wont be that difficult to get.

It does make me curious if they will lower the cost for 280% speed though.

I probably won't be buying the 310% flight speed on my characters that don't have it yet. Even if 5k gold won't be much in Cataclysm, the increase from 280% to 310% is hardly noticeable.

Problem here is you are comparing it to a skill level.
    It changes every mount. It's not like you have to spend 5K Gold and then farm the 310% mounts.
    Also, I find 5k more than enough. Cataclysm will drop/award more Gold. You will be able to earn Gold faster than in WotLK, heck, way faster than in TBC even.
    Everything tastes like Chicken! Even Chicken!

Deleted
    well i have 7 lvl 80's all with 280% flying it will cost me 35K for them i'm thinking about only getting it on my farming alt

well i have 7 lvl 80's all with 280% flying it will cost me 35K for them i'm thinking about only getting it on my farming alt
    Ya only buy it for the characters who need it. Heck most of my 80s dont even have 280% speed yet. I only got it for those who I play the most. No need getting it for a character who is going to gather dust.

I'm hoping the price for 280% goes down.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Deleted
    it really needs to go down to about 2K for 280% speed

Because gold is hard to make, huh?
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Deleted
    Its 5k and the same price as 280 for the sole reason that 5k at 70 =/= 5k at 80+

Gods why... It's already cheap enough.

I DONT EVEN FARM (Or abuse the AH), and I've got 280% flying skill AND MOUNT on all 8 of my characters.
    Plus another 40K sitting around waiting for cataclysm.

I'm sure it'll be even easier to get cash in Cataclysm.. so if anything the price should go UP to 10K instead of 5K.

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Its 5k and the same price as 280 for the sole reason that 5k at 70 =/= 5k at 80+
    It'll most likely be the same as going from 150% to 280%. You will have to buy the previous flying to buy the next.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold aint that hard to come by, Im leveling an alt on a separate server, different faction right now with skinning/herbs and Ive already bought Epic flying, Dual Spec, and have 4.3k gold to boot just skinning/grabbing herbs when I see them. No major farming, nothing like that. Be smart about the AH, dont buy crap you dont need, and 5k is a breeze

The easiest thing for you to do would most likely be to ger the rusted proto drake, take a half hour to read over all the strats and then a 2-4 hours depending on your gear, this was relatively easy to do in toc gear, will not bne hard if you are in icc gear. Plus if you havent actaully done ulduar it's a fun raid, win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Larancy View Post
    280% and 310% is somehow 10% more?
    Its about an 11% increase in overall speed yes. From 200% to 400% would be a 100% increase in overall speed or double.

The cost doesn't seem bad as long as we still get at least as much gold questing to 85 as we did to from 70 to 80. I have nine toons though so I probably wont be getting it on more than one at most. They all have 280 and thats plenty.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer