Thread: Build 12759

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Build 12759

In case you don't feel like reading the front page, or referring back to it each time someone mentions something from it, here's a quick recap of the mage changes.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arcane

Fire
    • Frostfire Bolt now slows the target by 40% (up from 20%) for 9 sec but no longer deals additional Frostfire damage over that duration. Cast time changed to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.
    • Pyroblast damage has been increased by 5%.
    • Fireball damage has been increased by 15%. No longer deals additional damage over 4 sec.
    • Improved Flamestrike revamped - Reduces the casting time of your Flamestrike spell by 50/100% and gives you a 50/100% chance that your Blast Wave spell will also automatically Flamestrike the same location if two or more targets are affected by the Blast Wave.
    • Hot Streak no longer affects Pyroblast.
    • Cauterize now burns you for 12% of your maximum health every 1.5 sec (up from 1 sec) over 6 sec (up from 4 sec).
    • Blast Wave now slows the targets by 70%. (Down from 75%)
    • Molten Shields now reduces the global cooldown of Mage Ward by 1 sec. (Down from 1.5 sec)
    • Impact now has a 5/10% chance (up from 4/7%) to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 sec and spread any Fire damage over time effects to nearby enemy targets within 12 yards.
    • Improved Fire Blast now increases the critical strike chance of your Fire Blast spell by 4/8% instead of reducing its cooldown.

Frost
    • Fingers of Frost has a 10/20/30% chance to proc (up from 5/10/15%) and now also affects Frostfire Bolt. Can now accumulate up to 2 charges of Finger of Frost instead of giving you 2 from the beginning.
    • Improved Freeze now has a chance to grant 2 charges of Fingers of Frost.
    Seems like they're figuring out the frost and fire tree's nicely, and it looks like they have arcane where they want it for now or at least before the numbers pass. the fire changes are buffs all around though the loss of the fireball DoT can be seen as a nerf to pyromaniac and combustion.

/Discuss.
    BfA Beta Time

Fire is really going to bring the AoE pain I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    all I can say is, No curtain of frost changes, QQ

read the changes at mage official forum (eu) b4 mmo posts em but it wasnt a blue post, it was feedback from beta testers and they said that flashburn mastery will just be a % dot increase, no extra dot based on dmg caused. that made me a saaaad panda, i hope its not true

pyro was removed from hot streak, but gained a new graphic! :P apparently tooltip is still the same, but behavior is still same as of last build (crits not having to be in a row)

removing dot from ffb and fb made sense, they shouldnt have been there from start imo, just odd to have it on an ability you usually spam

cauterize buffed, i liek

molten shields is now unlinked from blazing speed, but is still meh, and now has 0.5 sec gcd, bad

fireblast change I have no idea why they made it, perhaps to not steal the show away from firestarter

FoF change is awsome, smoother weaving

imp flamestrike, impact, and pyromaniac are aoe talents only, which are very lame unless bosses has adds, but then again most of the time cleave damage on them is irrelevant and just meter padding (if they are dangerous you'd focus fire them, atleast with the cata mechanics)

but yes impact is cool even if on just trash and clearly the strongest aoe talent (if the 10% proc rate is enough that is)

pyromaniac did not work with living bomb, dont know if that has changed, but relying on pyro dot and ignite alone for it is not enough, and also makes impact almost like a prerequisite

imp flamestrike I guess would double the damage done by blastwave, but yeah 15 sec cd

atm you're not being able to pick all of these up without missing out on some other pve talent
    Last edited by Micke; 2010-08-15 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinky31 View Post
    read the changes at mage official forum (eu) b4 mmo posts em but it wasnt a blue post, it was feedback from beta testers and they said that flashburn mastery will just be a % dot increase, no extra dot based on dmg caused. that made me a saaaad panda, i hope its not true
    I really REALLY hope they're wrong or if they are that it doesn't stick. The extra dot from fire spells suited the new fire playstyle perfectly, was looking forward to it a lot, with the Fireball and Frostfire bolt dots gone an extra dot seems even more appropriate especially with the fire spreading talent coming and the current version of combustion. Other than that I like the changes.

The impact thing really is... damn.

LB + Pyro dot + Ignite + fire mastery dot -> (Combustion dot?)

on everything. wow.

When aoe is nerfed to hell, attack multiple things single target at once!
    Last edited by notbob; 2010-08-15 at 12:27 AM.

If that's pyroblast, I think I need a new pair of pants...

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.

I would like to see a video of that pyroblast! It looks beast so far!

So whats the difference between FFB and FrstBolt now?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think some of the talents act differently with Frost Bolt than they do with Frostfire Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    i guess ffb will scale better since it has a 2.5sec cast and frostbolt is 2secs (naturaly). ffb also slows for 20% while frostbolt for 40%. (untalented that is)

Quote Originally Posted by kinky31 View Post
    i guess ffb will scale better since it has a 2.5sec cast and frostbolt is 2secs (naturaly). ffb also slows for 20% while frostbolt for 40%. (untalented that is)
    You missed: # Frostfire Bolt now slows the target by 40% (up from 20%) for 9 se
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    You missed: # Frostfire Bolt now slows the target by 40% (up from 20%) for 9 se
    ah right, guess its the scaling only then

Quote Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post

WHOA! now THAT'S one immense flaming boulder as befit the description!

they have to do something about fireball too, i mean come on..it cant be the same size as an imp's fireBOLT

^yespls

oh and; pyro and fireball got NEW SOUND! lal