Now I'm confused!

Firstly, I know those class changes on the first page are not necessarily exact ones, but something grabbed my attention:
    Demonology

Seed of Corruption Soulburn effect - Your Seed of Corruption detonation effect will afflict Corruption on all enemy targets. The Soul Shard will be refunded if the detonation is successful.
    If they are really moving the SoC soulburn effect into demonology .. they blew it!

I think the change is the tooltip reflecting that when it blows up you get the shard back. It makes no sense to drop it into the demo tree, unless that effect is being removed from the Aff tree and everyone is getting it.

that tooltip is here since the last build, no change!

Deleted
    I think the reason it's listed under demo is because Soulburn itself is a demo spell, could just be a silly mistake though i think there was one last week aswell.

Deleted
    It could mean that it works without the affliction talent.

at the moment it is working with demo. if you use soul burn then SoC it will affect all targets with corruption.

15+ Year Old Account
    lets hope so i would make alot more sense that way.

If they're making it a base empowerment of soulburn that would be awesome, because otherwise it would be fail!

Wouldn't make sense to have it baseline.
    Corruption is primarily supported by the affliction spec, and so that is where this belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Wouldn't make sense to have it baseline.
    Corruption is primarily supported by the affliction spec, and so that is where this belongs.
    Yeh, and that's exactly why I'm confused!

As long as it remains in the affliction tree, irrespective of what "header" it may be under, then we have nothing to worry about.
    If it moves to the demo tree, then we do.

It is baseline. It is only listed in Demonology because Soulburn is in the Demonology tree. There are currently no talents that give more spells a soulburn effect. (But there are some that duplicate the effect, such as imp firebolt has a 12% chance to make your next Soulfire instant cast, which is the same thing as Soulburn -> Soulfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawakazi View Post
    It is baseline. It is only listed in Demonology because Soulburn is in the Demonology tree. There are currently no talents that give more spells a soulburn effect. (But there are some that duplicate the effect, such as imp firebolt has a 12% chance to make your next Soulfire instant cast, which is the same thing as Soulburn -> Soulfire)
    Source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    Source please?
    Sorry I messed up, haven't logged into the beta in a little while ^^; anyways, yes, this talent is the only talent as of now that gives soulburn a new effect to a new spell. The talent is currently in the affliction tree and the reason it is stated in the demonology tree is, as stated above, soulburn is in the demonology tree.

Blizzard has stated a few times now that they want SoC to be the Affliction AoE, Hellfire for Demonology, and Rain of Fire for Destruction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soul burn as an ability is demonology.
    Seed of Corruption being affected by Soul burn is a talent.

Patch notes are correct, technically.

R.I.P. YARG

At the moment in the beta in Demo spec a soulburn SoC will affect all targets hit with corruption. it most likely is a bug.