Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    not again this shit ...

inscription wont die because of tis ...now, people will buy even the useless glyphes just to have them, their are alts, the 2nd talentspec ETC to fill up with glyphes, and in cata, there will be soooo MUCH glyphes u have lot of work to do

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae.

Yes Inscription will be a completely useless profession. Just like engineering because they don't create ammo anymore.

Seriously guys, do you even turn your brain on before you post? -.-
    But hey, I guess irrational fears are a human thing...
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Last I had heard, they had planned to give Inscriptionists a Glyph eraser recipe, and have them sell those for profit. It's not on the PTR yet but the professions really have not been fine tuned and Blizzard is trying to get the new Glyphs tested without introducing the new erasers would be my guess.

I would like to add that they mentioned this ages ago and I have not read anything contrary as of yet.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
    They announced this change MONTHS and MONTHS and MONTHS ago. Why people are acting surprised now is beyond me.

A) You have an incentive to charge more now since they aren't consumable but permanent.
    B) Players are more likely to buy them ALL now since it's a permanent character investment.

If you get the chance, check out Loop not Defined's Inscription list on some of the changes they are making. In additional to being able to make additonal DM:Cs, you can make profession tarots, profession recipe tokens, Relics useable by 50% of the classes in the game, and Offhands.

Inscription will be fine.
    ^this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazhra View Post
    Last I had heard, they had planned to give Inscriptionists a Glyph eraser recipe, and have them sell those for profit. It's not on the PTR yet but the professions really have not been fine tuned and Blizzard is trying to get the new Glyphs tested without introducing the new erasers would be my guess.

I would like to add that they mentioned this ages ago and I have not read anything contrary as of yet.
    Glyph... Eraser?

I haven't seen any blue posts saying anything of the sort.

Glyph... Eraser?

That's because he's trolling so hard I think he'll be killed by a Billy Goat soon.

And yeah, not worried about it at all, I don't really play the AH anyway so it's no big deal to me, but it'll be nice to use my scribe to suite out all my characters with their proper glyphs and not have to worry about having to make stacks to swap out and all that crud.

Glyph... Eraser?

It was an idea they were toying with a while back where you needed something to "erase" the current glyph, so you could put a new one in its place. Basically an inscription-made reagent for switching glyphs, even though the glyphs themselves were permanent.

I'm not sure if they've changed their minds on that or not. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Thryri View Post
    This actually looks good, cba to spend ~50g per glyph every time I decide to go another direction, when they are in fact worth 2-3gold. Yes, they really are that expensive on my server.
    the part of them being expensive atm was a joke... right? cuz they cost 10-12g on my serv :/

and also... best buying ALOT of glyphs now then so u can sell them in cata C:

Hey Scribes, Welcome to the life of a Blacksmither, the start of each expansion we make lots of money as everyone wants entry level BoE epics. then we lose business once Welfare epics that are better Arrive, then a new raid comes out and we make some money on new patterns, but not a whole lot, because most mats are provided, thus only get a tip, etc etc.

now Scribes will make money selling all new Glyphs straight up, and then more with each person that starts an Alt, and even more with Darkmoon cards: until higher content comes out, and they fall behind.

whereas less and less people buy titansteel destroyers these days, there is always a high market for darkmoon card: greatness etc, as its harder to find a great entry lvl epic trinket then a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Or, you know, sell Vellums. They're an easy 300-500g (or more, depending on server) per day with minimal time investment.
    And oddly enough we were talking about the glyphs.

Derichian, Your forgetting that Inscripters cards are usually always top 10 best in slot for trinkets, especially for feral Druids (yay for agility) and for Pallys (one of the only trinkets without Armour pen) , Now if they made a stamina Card... well, i think our cards would be top 5 for tanks.

IIRC blizz said something about making a LOT of Off Hands, Cards and all that jazz, they just want to refocus what the bread and butter is
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Don't worry, you'll still be able to charge us insane, unholy amounts of gold for Darkmoon trinkets.
    Glad to

Look at the data-mined Alchemy spells for transmuting rare gems here on MMOC. Notice anything? They all use items that state "Requires Inscription 450". It looks like scribes will be able to exclusively create materials used in other professions. Sounds like a pretty good market to me.

Also, Blizzard has already stated scribes will make relics.

Finally, there's always the next tier of Darkmoon cards.

No, Inscription is not dead in Cata.

everyone accusing people of AH "botting" it's called an AH ADDON idiot. look it up. it's pretty damn amazing what they can do for you these days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Could be a beta only thing, to allow you to get glyphs easier.

On the PTRs for wrath during the ICC testing you could purchase glyphs from a vendor.

If this change goes live, inscription will loose much of its utility. Unless they beef up the stats on the offhands/wands/darkmoon cards/whatever else you make via inscription.
    It isn't just for beta. You can purchase glyphs from vendors in Beta as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zmyth View Post
    Derichian, Your forgetting that Inscripters cards are usually always top 10 best in slot for trinkets, especially for feral Druids (yay for agility) and for Pallys (one of the only trinkets without Armour pen) , Now if they made a stamina Card... well, i think our cards would be top 5 for tanks.
    The biggest problem with DMC's is that they are random procs. In the past week I have made around 50 cards. Only 5 of those were Nobles with 2 dups. Thats 2700g just for the Eternal Life's. Yeah, I know it's a bad run but thats the problem with RND. I have in the past made 4 Nobles out of 6 cards. If DMC's, off hands, etc are to be the new gold spinner for Inscription then the random portion needs to fall away. There needs to be some effort involved in getting the recipe's and the mats need to at least cost a bit.

For all those saying that Inscrip will make money on glyphs up front. It's not going to happen with all of the bots. They will get the majority of that income and unless the mats for the new glyphs go up a bit, they will sell those glyphs for 5g each.

Blizz will probably add new things to compensate, and of course scribe's will just raise their prices

I guess this means im going to flood my Servers AH the night before cata with low lvl glyphs for 1g. Awsome

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made about 5k gold in a single weekend selling Glyphs. And from the looks of things on my server, so did a few other people. And then all of a sudden we got flooded with Glyphs from hundreds of toons, all undercutting each other by pennies. Glyphs went from 10 to 20g each down to 2 and 3 gold each. Coupled with the hassle of trying to compete in the 5-minute-undercut market, Glyphs were no longer profitable. Insert break from WoW here.

Four months later I return to the game and start looking for a profit to make. I check on the Glyph market and am shocked. Not only are the sell-for-pennies crews still active and in full force, they've been jacked by a new breed of seller. These new guys (presumably bots or gold farmers to some extent) appear to be buying up any Glyph that's being sold for under 3 gold and reselling it for... get this... 299 to 499 gold. Each. There are hundreds if not thousands of Glyphs in the AH on my server right now that sit in this price range. It's absurd.

Personally, I can't wait for this change. I think that in the long run it will end up better for us all. Regardless of the whole "supply and demand" argument, I think this change will stabilize the Glyph market and actually make that market viable again, even if the profits aren't as high or as frequent. I care less about splurge profit weekends. I'd rather see a constant stream of profit from each of my professions (and I have all prof's at 450, or just under it).

The new profit stream these days seems to be in prof leveling mats anyway. Friggin copper ore sells for 12g per stack. Copper.