Need some help with trinkets

Well first of all, I'm a demonology lock. I gear for pDPS whilst still offering the demonic pact raid buff so preferably the optimal trinket set up will offer the highest pDps but I am also interested in which setup would offer the highest rDps and by how much it would effect my own dps. I've tried using a spreadsheet but couldn't get any sense out of it.

Ideally if I was just geared out of ICC25 HC my character would look like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=20944876

My question is; Where, if at all would charred twilight scale fit into this, what would be best:

1. DFO heroic + Charred twilight scale heroic
    2. DFO heroic + Phylactery of the nameless lich heroic
    3. Charred twilight scale + Phylactery of the nameless lich heroic

This is considering the fact that having DFO + charred brings you into insane levels of haste, at base it would be around 1.4k. After a spellstone we could be talking about up to 1.7k which seems really excessive. I like to play with high amounts of haste but I'm worried that at that point things like bloodlust or anything else that would increase haste would be totally useless which could waste potential damage. Maybe I'm totally wrong though and its just haste stack for the win but you tell me!

For anyone that's interested here's my actually armory:
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ather&cn=Dejin

If your going demo, you may as well go rDPS, otherwise your screwing over 9/24 others from faster kills, easier kills and an easier time with healing. This is coming from a lock thats Demo gear is for rDPS not pDPS.

Going for pDPS the H DFO and H Scale would be best, for raid DPS I think I read it's H Nameless Lich + H Scale. Run simcraft and find out which is better personal DPS.

Also try not to bank on gear that you may not see drop. heroic 25 halion is between H Sind and H LK in degree of difficulty and only a few hundred guilds have killed it last I checked. Saying this however the reg of all of the above are still in the same place, just you loose a bit of DPS using reg over heroic. And I didn't mean to sound like an ass.

For Immolate during heroism:
    ((1.5/1.3/1.05/1.03)-1)*3279=219 Haste

For Immolate during Backdraft
    1.5*0.7/1.05/1.03=0.97s (Ie: immolate is haste capped under backdraft at 0 haste rating)

Some other softcaps:

During heroism:
    Incinerate: 60% haste from gear (1967).
    Chaos Bolt: 42% haste from gear (1377).

During Backdraft:
    Incinerate: 45% haste from gear (1476).
    Chaos Bolt: 29% haste from gear (950).

During heroism+Backdraft:
    Incinerate: 12% haste from gear (393).
    Chaos Bolt: 0% haste from gear.

In short, percentage based haste values (ie: Non haste-rating), like power infusion (20%), heroism (30%), improved moonkin aura (3%), wrath of air (5%) are mutiplicative, not additive.

The correct way to calculate is not:
    1.5 / (1.3+0.05+0.03+(haste/3279))

But:
    1.5 / 1.3 / 1.05 / 1.03 / (haste/3279)

Also backdraft is not 30% haste, but is a 30% cast time reduction (ie, it's not /1.3 but *0.7).

I'm a little confused since you have no heroic gear and are asking about heroic trinkets you won't be getting anytime soon. Anyway here is a little something so you can understand haste and how much you would need to be "capped".
    Last edited by Dethh; 2010-08-15 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Looked at armory

I think I agree with you grayarea as you can see that was the initial thought as that is the trinket setup on the profile.

In regards to "screwing" people over. I prefer to run pDps because it provides higher haste allowing more mobility better suiting my style of play on certain fights and my guild don't have a problem with it. I'm pretty sure paragons demo lock actually runs similar gear to the gear I'm aiming for although he probably has his own reasons, maybe it doesn't really matter what he uses seeing as they've cleared 25 hc so many times. Who knows.

But in response to detth I will be getting the heroic gear soon, currently my guild is progressing through 25hc at a steady rate, currently at 8/12 and I already have a few hcs bits. Admittedly not very many bits but there's a few there. I think anything other than the 284 lich king weapons is pretty realistic to be honest.

If you can get heroic halion down then heroic LK is also on the cards as the difficulty level is just a step below, though shadow traps et al from heroic LK will take some learning.

The top end guild have all content on farm this late intot eh expansion, even H LK so going from their gear may not be the best idea cos they can afford to now go for different gear sets that are not optimal simply cos they can over power teh content with skill and experience, just like with ToGC being able to be steamrolled wilst ignring a large chunk of the mechanics and such due to simply outgearing and brute forcing. Not saying it's possible for ICC now or RS, but something to keep in mind.

if your not going for raid DPS, at least grab spirit gear as off set for it or soemthing like the 277 cloth chest from blood princes, heroic wand from 25 dreamwalker and heroic off hand from sind with heroic bonespike. All are pretty easy to obtain once you learn the fights.