Poll: Most interesting End boss fight

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    In wotlk, Yoggie by far.

Yogg. The end boss of the best raid of the expansion, of what is my favorite raid ever.

I am the lucid dream.......

I never quite understood why we went through a giant citadel just to eventually end up outside on the top of the citadel. Nonetheless I enjoyed the LK fight and the fall mechanics.

I ll vote yogg but i liked KT muuchhhhh if it wasnt remake.

Yogg was a an incredibly well designed fight, probably one of my favorites besides heroic 25 man Mimiron. That fight is awesome.

Also, Algalon is good too.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Overall, I'd have to say Faction Champions > Yogg > Algalon = Lich King
    lol what.

OT: Yogg.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Yogg was definitely more interessting than LK. LK is harder than Yogg because of very tight timers and little margin for error but the mechanics of the fight are not that special (execpt for the growing Defile, I liked that).

Still, nothing beats C'Thun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgi View Post
    Yogg was definitely more interessting than LK. LK is harder than Yogg because of very tight timers and little margin for error but the mechanics of the fight are not that special (execpt for the growing Defile, I liked that).

Still, nothing beats C'Thun for me.

yes. c'thun was the shit. i also thought that all of the SSC fights were super fun, though not that hard

Yogg without a doubt. Tightly tuned (especially in a mix of Naxx / Ulduar gear) and pretty unique mechanics. The nice thing about Yogg is that, even if you spend a whole raid-night wiping on him, you get a sense of progression (provided you and your fellow-raiders are semi-competent), while on LK the smallest mistake usually means a wipe. The only thing that makes LK interesting for me is the absolute precision required to execute the fight, which was needed on Yogg aswell anyway (at least when he was current).

Heck, Yogg is a serious contender for one of the greatest fights in the game's history, whilst I don't think LK can hold up against C'thun, Firefighter, Original Kel'thuzad, Kael'thas and a miriad of some of the more memorable fights in the games history. Mind you, this is from an enjoyment (thus highly personal) PoV. In terms of outright challenge, LK (especially HM) definitely rates up there with anything, but personally that's not the only thing that makes a fight worthwhile.

Ulduar is arguably the best raid this game ever put out, Yogg is no small reason for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yogg +0 was harder than Heroic LK (let's just say 5% buff). I'd say that doing that fight was pretty exhausting and rewarding. Extremely tightly tuned.

More wanton Ulduar-fanboy groupthink.

The Yogg fight was not that impressive.

Phase 1 - kill adds on top of npc, avoid clouds, run out before it does if you're melee.

Phase 2 - kill tentacles in a certain order, cleanse, manage debuffs, brain team enters portals and kills stationary mobs then brain without facing skulls

Phase 3 - Kill adds, dps Yogg facing away when he casts.

Wow, that's so much more creative than everything else they've ever done.

15+ Year Old Account
    underdogba: the fight was with no keepers helping. At least what I am describing. That's the REAL fight.

edit: I realize there isn't much different other than p3, but the amount of stuff you had to deal with (along with dealing a lot more damage) multiplied.

ICC was a glorified trash mob encounter for a lot of the bosses. By the time the Lich King was reached, I had really had enough of running it and just wanted him to die already so I could stop doing that damn raid. And the ending was such a letdown.

Ulduar, however, is fun no matter how many times I go there. I'm really disappointed nobody raids it anymore, even Naxx gets more lovin'. Yogg is still fairly challenging, and the fight is balls insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Yogg +0 was harder than Heroic LK (let's just say 5% buff). I'd say that doing that fight was pretty exhausting and rewarding. Extremely tightly tuned.
    Compare yogg 0 kills to lk heroic kills at 5%.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_n1An8buCQ
    Yogg saron, each time I listen to this, there is no question.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Yogg by far. ICC didn't give the same accomplished feeling. They should add cutter beams to all fights in ICC to make them interesting, yes I approve.

lich king mostly for the vent conversation done by our new rogue and warrior at 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    lich king mostly for the vent conversation done by our new rogue and warrior at 10%.
    Don't leave us hanging! Tell us what happened!