Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    So are any of you going to debate a 25 silver Primordial Essence placed on the AH for the exact price as Primordial Saronite is anything other than an attempt to get people to buy it by mistake?

I was buying 16 saronites and that pos popped up in the middle. lol
    Pretty easy to do. I noticed I had selected it just as I hit buyout. "Dayum!" :P
    Just don't fall for the same scam again and set your AH filter at uncommon (green items).
    [/url]

The only one I shorted was
    "GM: AH Scams do not exist. This was your error. The system is perfect. Is there anything else?"

from

AH Scams do not exist. Pay attention to what you bid on or buy. The system is set up so you shouldnt make these mistakes.
    If he was truly that rude, then that is unacceptable, and you should definitely find out if you can report him-- or at the very least fill out the survey you have to take at the end negatively. :/ I'm sorry, that sucks.

Not a scam. It clearly says what you will buy and for how much.

As for the GM thing, he shouldnt have just left, but everything else looks fine to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoy speaking with Blizzard CS, whenever I spoke on the phone or in game to them they were easily the nicest examples of CS I have ever come across.

That GM could've phrased himself in a nicer way, but at the end of the day, he's right.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Be careful in the AH and think before you bid/buy. If you fall for an AH scam it's most likely your fault.

I believe his question was "Has anyone else received bad customer service from Blizz" Not "Come shout at me and say it was my fault even though I have already said I know it was my fault."

And to answer your question yes. A lot of GMs can be dicks and a lot of them can be nice, it's like a lucky dip whenever you put in a ticket

Just because you made a mistake doesn't make it a "scam." Yes, obviously it was priced that way so people would buy it by mistake. But there was no lying or cheating or anything like that. Aside from the two items obviously being different names, there were different icons and different colors. Maybe next time set the filter to blue? Or actually type in "Primordial Saronite."

The response was kind of rude, I admit that, but what did you expect? Selling a gray item with a slightly similar name to a normally high priced item isn't against any rules. If someone whispered "Hey I'll sell you 10 primordial saronites" and tosses in a gray item with 9 others you might have a case, since there was deception involved. But, as that was not the case, there's nothing anyone can do for you. Suck it up, and next time maybe pay attention to either an item's letter, color, or picture. Even if I were buying 100 items using the default AH UI, I can't imagine ever mistaking Primordial Essence for Primordial Saronite.

This boils down you:

You screwed up due to not showing due diligence with your purchaes and searchs using the auction house. This led you to buying the wrong item. Doing so would of popped up a box with a 'confirm' or 'cancel' option with the price listed along witht eh item color (grey in this case, not whatever the thing you wanted to buy was). You promptly clicked accept and made the purchse.

Now your wanting your money back for making a mistake which it clearly stats on loading screen tips about bids being final. So too are purchases. You screwed up. Learn from it because a GM will not refund you the money or repremand the person that posted the item as it's allowed. I could post a single bit of frostweave cloth for 200k gold and if someone bought it, they messed up and the GM would do nothing about it due to the confirmation pop up that gives you time to consider your purchase.

Take your time purchasing items and you will not fall into this trap again or better yet type int he whole item name to totally exclude all possible alternatives people have posted up with similar names.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm an asshat, but the sytem they have put in place for the AH works, it gives you a confirmation cooling off period before you make your final decision to buy it.

All in all it's a typical 'Buyer beware' and 'you get what you pay for'. If you don't pay attention and get osmethign in a rush, your liable to stuff up.

Deleted
    Excuse me, sir. Please try playing international Silkroad and try THEIR customer service. You will want to undo your every bad word about Blizzard CS.

So are any of you going to debate a 25 silver Primordial Essence placed on the AH for the exact price as Primordial Saronite is anything other than an attempt to get people to buy it by mistake?

I was buying 16 saronites and that pos popped up in the middle. lol
    Pretty easy to do. I noticed I had selected it just as I hit buyout. "Dayum!" :P
    to bored to read further just to reply on this..

this happens in RL as well dude,

WATCH what you buy!

Yes he is a punk for putting it on the AH,i think he is laughing his ass off after opening his mail

GM ending the conversation like that was NOT good, but your ticket was unneccisary cause there was nothing wrong to report.
    In other words, you took up the GMs time for a failure on your behalf.

Also SS of the GM chat you had or that entire part is bogus. Anyone could type in stuff like that about anyone, but to back up claims of bad customer service from a company thats got a very good track record of customer service is just asking to be called out.

Yes, Yes. I admit I messed up and fell for this obvious scam. Getting my money restored would have been nice, but Ill live.

This thread was more oriented towards discussing this CSRs lacking performance and comparing related stories. :P

And I don't have any SS or the log of the conversation. Im at work, on MMO Champion. And still providing better customer support than that guy. lol
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-15 at 10:18 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Mijen,

however I feel for you, I have to lean towards opinion you described this situation in a slightly unfair light.
    Way you shortened the GM conversation, to me at least seems a bit too much bent on proving your point.

Changing "System is designed so..." to "System is perfect" is in fact quite a serious modification in my eyes, and it changes the way GM most likely intended to sound into something quite different. This is also why I find it a bit hard to believe he just hung up on you either, and if so, I would assume its probably because he was busy or had another more or less valid reason to do so.

I understand that landing in your situation couldnt have been pleasant, but I have to agree with those who say mistake is on your part. As much as the player who posted this auction most likely did it for exact reason you suspect him of, you had access to all information you needed, to avoid his trap.

So what I would advise, is to be a bit less hasty with buying things of AH, especially when it involves large sums of money. Look at the bright side, now you have experience to avoid things like this in the future.

Still, this is as much a "scam" as operating a jewelry store with the following display case:

GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    PLASTIC RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING

and buying the plastic one with all the others, despite looking entirely different and being labeled entirely different, even after the cashier asks you if you're sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fell for a really simple scam(Primordial Essence prices as Saronite) and decided to open a ticket
    I agree with the GM...you should look more carefully at what you are buying...I wish people would solve their own problems and take responsibility for their own actions rather than wasting GM's time...

/w gm "omgz i just traded 3k gold to a level 18 trying to fool him into thinking i was giving him gold but i wasn't going to accept, i went afk and 2 hours later i came back i had forgot about it and i accidently clicked accept, plz give gold back"

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950 View Post
    Still, this is as much a "scam" as operating a jewelry store with the following display case:

GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    PLASTIC RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING
    GOLD RING

and buying the plastic one with all the others, despite looking entirely different and being labeled entirely different, even after the cashier asks you if you're sure.
    /search Ah Gold ring
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2010-08-15 at 10:31 AM.

Heh great examples. Insult away, no effect. :P
    Time to go home. Have a great day MMO Champion.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Heh great examples. Insult away, no effect. :P
    Time to go home. Have a great day MMO Champion.
    And a great day to you too.

Seriously Blizzard gives phone support even in the weekends until 10pm I believe, how can you possibly whine? Very few companies offer support outside of office hours, let alone phone support. GM's also work in weekends, so really nothing wrong with Blizzard's customer support. (Except perhaps for waiting times, but nothing's perfect.)

Anyway this thread should've been called "Do you think this GM was a dick to me, he hurt my little feelings /sadface." Then I might have been able to agree; he could've been nicer. But really the fact you made a ticket for something as silly as this, while there are plenty of people waiting with serious issues would probably tick me off if I were in the GM's place.

"GM: AH Scams do not exist. This was your error. The system is perfect. Is there anything else?"

from

AH Scams do not exist. Pay attention to what you bid on or buy. The system is set up so you shouldnt make these mistakes.

wait you warped the gm's sentence to make him sound like a ass?

"GM: AH Scams do not exist. This was your error. The system is perfect. Is there anything else?" from AH Scams do not exist. Pay attention to what you bid on or buy. The system is set up so you shouldnt make these mistakes.

"Shortened it"? You pretty much changed the context, making the GM sound like a douchebag. I wouldn't say you shortened it, more like you changed it so it fit into your topic.

There's a huge difference between "The system is perfect" and "the system is set up so you shouldnt make these mistakes". I hope you realize that.

And I fully agree with the GM on what he/she said - They can't hold your hand in every single thing you do in the game. They're already doing it to an extent you won't find in any other MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    It boils down to you not paying attention tbh
    01/01/07 since backwards threads reading / "The day EU trolled Blizzard". 22/02/11 Peace out.