Thread: Strike

Cool Strike

Strike *New* - A simple strike that deals 50% weapon damage. Use once you have sufficient rage. / 20 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown

After reading this, I was like '_' /confused.

Is it supposed to be the little brother of heroic strike?

It seems pretty worthless to me, not sure if im missing anything, but sounds like an ability that I wouldnt even put on my action bars.

The 'use once you have sufficient rage' part kinda conufuses me aswell... if this an ability that you 'que' up?

thoughts
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

It kinda is the "little brother" of Heroic Strike - it's the new starting ability instead of the big brother. And yeah - it is "worthless" because it is meant to be replaced by your level 10 ability (Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shieldslam).
    I don't understand the last part, maybe it is like a mini-execute? Where you can use Strike with 20 Rage but it will do more damage when you have 30? Dunno about that one....

"Use once you have sufficient rage." = Tutorial text.

How else is a level 1 warrior whos never played mmos before gonna know when to use it?

15+ Year Old Account
    maybe you need 20 rage to use it but it does not take up the rage when you use it(as in you have 20 rage use the attack and stuff have 20 rage)
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crikk23 View Post
    maybe you need 20 rage to use it but it does not take up the rage when you use it(as in you have 20 rage use the attack and stuff have 20 rage)
    nah probably not, like someone said, its a level 1 ability, with a tutorial text, you won't use it on higher level. It just explains, you can't use it now, see that red bar? when you have enough, you can use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do Warriors need another Heroic Rage Sink?

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23 View Post
    maybe you need 20 rage to use it but it does not take up the rage when you use it
    If this is what it ends up being, it's just going to be another button to spam. What's the point?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I'm still confused, if this is meant to be a low level ability lvl 10 and below, why would they implement it? your get heroic strike at lvl 1, and it is no longer a on next attack ability, so this is basically the exact same thing with less dmg.

still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Why do Warriors need another Heroic Rage Sink?

If this is what it ends up being, it's just going to be another button to spam. What's the point?
    Well it depends, let's say you have a LOT of incoming rage and Strike and HS are both off the GCD (which I believe they both are now), if your rage income is enough you can alternate between using Strike and HS since they will weave together - HS 1.5s CD before you can use another ability of the GCD, St 1.5s CD before another ability off the GCD, now HS is off CD, etc.

In all likelihood you'll just macro the two together with HS first put it on one key and just pound the shit out of it when you've got a ton of rage.

Deleted
    I think this strike is just a simplyfied version of Heroic Strike. Once you hit level 10, Strike is turned into Heroic Strike and functions as before.

It is the non-heroic version of Heroic Strike. Which means Heroic Strike will replace it because it is a more heroic version of said strike. End of subject.

There is not much abilities like this in the game, I dont really see the reason either.
    Why not just make lower ranks of heroic strike a little less powerful? O.o

Why heroic strike when you can just strike!?

Wait, I did that wrong.

why not just let low lvl warr use Heroic strike like they have always, is it a big deal when a kobold satrts yelling 'YOU NO TAKE CANDLE' and you hit him for 4dmg instead of 2 dmg.

seems like wasted time on blizzards part, there is much more important things they could focus on, like for 1 change the audio on bloodrage so you dont sound like some mentally handicapped person having and orgasm whilst taking a huge greasy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnad View Post
    why not just let low lvl warr use Heroic strike like they have always, is it a big deal when a kobold satrts yelling 'YOU NO TAKE CANDLE' and you hit him for 4dmg instead of 2 dmg.

seems like wasted time on blizzards part, there is much more important things they could focus on, like for 1 change the audio on bloodrage so you dont sound like some mentally handicapped person having and orgasm whilst taking a huge greasy shit.
    As I mentioned earlier it depends on if HS and Strike will share a CD. IF they don't share a CD and follow the same mechanics of being an instant attack that's off the GCD then you'll alternate between the two in moments of high rage.

Also consider say Inner Rage, if it remains in effect as long as you are above 30 rage then there are times you might want to use Strike over Heroic Strike to save your resources a bit and maintain the damage buff.

The new HS is crap at level 1-10 so the added strike to take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Varamis View Post
    The new HS is crap at level 1-10 so the added strike to take its place.
    Three things (The first one is for you Varamis ;D):

1) First of all, levels 1-10 are done in a couple of hours.

2) Just get your ability scaling right Blizzard! If you think that Heroic Strike is really that terrible at low levels, have a different scaling algorithm for the first couple of levels then make it the normal algorithm all the way up to 85!

3) Nice name! Is this strike more of a sinister or heroic one? Or could it possibly be any of these
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.