Even more cc in cata

With all the new cc and interrupts in cata, dont you think it will be a little too much? dont we have enough now?

Dks and rogues for example can prevent a caster from doing anything for a pretty long time.

Dks: Mind freeze first cast=4 sec, pet stun=3 sec, ams=5 sec, strangulate=5 sec, mind freeze next cast=4 sec. 21 sec free nuking

Rogue: stunlock=10 sec, clos=5 sec, kick=4 sec. and then you have blind>stealth, vanish, preparation. so you could basically go on forever. like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv01H...eature=related

And then i saw hunters with the new aimed shot... only 2 sec cast time and crits 22k? seriously? rng cooldown reset on lava burst? lets hope this wont turn into another wotlk

The idea is that you can eat a kidney shot and walk away, ten seconds of being CCed won't mean automatic death for you and your allies. That's the idea, anyway.

Weren't the idea also to nerf CCs or something as a lot of talents pooping on'em got removed? I think it'll be okay. Maybe not during 4.0, things'll probably be a bit weird for the first arena season in some way or another, but eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    With all the new cc and interrupts in cata, dont you think it will be a little too much? dont we have enough now?

Dks and rogues for example can prevent a caster from doing anything for a pretty long time.

Dks: Mind freeze first cast=4 sec, pet stun=3 sec, ams=5 sec, strangulate=5 sec, mind freeze next cast=4 sec. 21 sec free nuking

Rogue: stunlock=10 sec, clos=5 sec, kick=4 sec. and then you have blind>stealth, vanish, preparation. so you could basically go on forever. like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv01H...eature=related

And then i saw hunters with the new aimed shot... only 2 sec cast time and crits 22k? seriously? rng cooldown reset on lava burst? lets hope this wont turn into another wotlk
    first thing, l2 fake cast.

second thing, pvp isn't based around 1v1 so it shouldn't be hard to have a partner peel for you.

Deleted
    Oh you're talking about PvP? Well with the amount of CC for PvE content you need now, No. I don't think it's overkill.

Okay so... You're example is assuming that everyone is as dumb as an NPC. that lock clearly sat there to try and prove your point. Trinket, that little imp, his abilities can easily fuck up your infinite stun rotation. and like Zargohl said, you never are intended to play alone.

Well what else could he do? instant howl if he was affli or fake cast... but thats it. the amount of control dks and rogues can have over casters especially locks can be really annoying

Is it just me or you are using video from vanilla as your strongest arguement?
    Bigger than Life.

Deleted
    wtf? rogues and DK's don't stand a chance against frost mages

Trololol. I just posted on a obvious troll thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    Is it just me or you are using video from vanilla as your strongest arguement?
    whats different now? rogues got clos and 1/2 cd on prep
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhazgul View Post
    wtf? rogues and DK's don't stand a chance against frost mages
    yea coz they kite everyone to death and spam instants... im talking more about locks
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhu View Post
    Trololol. I just posted on a obvious troll thread.
    learn what trolling is

I think cata arenas are going to be mana wars again. Sadly.

The increased amount of cc's aren't lettin you 1 shotted if you have minimum 50k hp. Of course they ll make the difference like in every pvp situation, but i don t think they'll be like they are today (chain cc and few seconds your partner is dead)
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post

Diminishing Returns still exists. 1v1 is not where balance is. Battleground balance is likely more where they are going. Strangulate is on a massive cooldown, anti magic shell does not prevent a caster from doing anything, it prevents them from doing anything to the DK, considering the idea is to get away from the DK mind freeze = does nothing to a mage lock or shaman who wants to get away, only a priest could complain but they have the new inner will so could probably peel quite easily themselves.

Rogue cannot stunlock you for 10 seconds unless this thing called a trinket has recently been removed, clos stops you doing something to the rogue, people have complained about this for ages because it is a vent for their frustration but the ability is very balanced. Blind stealth vanish preparation, all not new. I see nothing different here.

Numbers in BETA. Oh good, a valid argument you have young padawan.

I see many improvements and if people in the BETA are not doing what people are doing here (i.e. complaining on every single build as if it is 4.4 and cataclysm is coming to its end) then we will see the numbers and skills level out to a balance come 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Rogue cannot stunlock you for 10 seconds unless this thing called a trinket has recently been removed.
    A trinket which is the ONLY out for a physical CC on a 2 mins cooldown which you obviously believe we have to save purely for that sole purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A trinket which is the ONLY out for a physical CC on a 2 mins cooldown which you obviously believe we have to save purely for that sole purpose.
    Yes, you do. You have a choice to use it at Blind or on Kidney Shot, depends if you are about to get burst. (It would be silly to use it if you weren't CC'd right?)

In Cata the threat will be lessened, from the removal of real "burst" and because of the larger health pools despite less healing. While it would not be smart to sit in the burst, you shouldn't die because of it.

Deleted
    It's easy to avoid the cc get peels when he opens on you ask for a sheep or fear stun etc if clos during the opener just trinket the kidney wait for it to fade off and request help if you shouldnt really be getting kicked or mind freezed if you do its your fault L2 fake cast if you get strangulated same thing as rogues ask your team to peel it with cc till it fades of you if they and if they cant help you out you can pop your owns cd pain sup/barkskin etc.