Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happen to Demon Bolt?

So what happen to Demon Bolt that was gonna be for Demo Locks? Did they remove it?

Supposedly it's part of the spec dependent abilities/traits atm, but I haven't heard much new about it recently.

Hand of Guldan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Hand of Guldan
    ...is not Demon Bolt? If your saying that you know they replaced Demon Bolt with Hand of Guldan then fair enough but why not provide a source, because HoG doesn't provide the +Demon Damage debuff that Demon Bolt was all about.

OP: Simply put it's not been implemented yet, and they may decide not to, GC says that we've got a few changes in an upcoming beta build so maybe it'll surface there.

don't think we will see it, as there is just no need for that, locks have plenty buttons to mash already

Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    don't think we will see it, as there is just no need for that, locks have plenty buttons to mash already
    The idea is that Demon Bolt would replace Shadow Bolt as Demonology's main button to spam. So there would technically be the same number of buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i know nobody said anything about removing it. So we may still see it when Beta reaches lvl 85. We'll just have to wait until we either get a few words on it, or 85 is released for testing on Beta.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see much need for it, but I could see it as a potential Soul Burn talent, like SB: SoC for one of our more mundane spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they already said they wanted to increase pet damage for Demo and that may just be the way to do it!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    The idea is that Demon Bolt would replace Shadow Bolt as Demonology's main button to spam. So there would technically be the same number of buttons.
    There's no real need to make a new spell for it though considering they could just give the same kind of output/functionality through talent tweaks. Shadow bolt works, it's not very flashy, altough it does work. Demonology is already getting Hand of Guldan, that might actually be enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    They revisited their numbers. Demon Bolt got pulled because the pet is already doing sufficient damage as demonology. Once they start balancing Affliction and Destruction pets they may come back with it.

Basically, Demo's pet should do more damage by default, but not so much more as to make pet auto attack 50% of their damage. I believe the end goal will be 30% damage from pet for Demo, 20% damage from pet Affliction, 15% damage from pet Destruction with Empowered procs making up another 5%. But this is only a guess.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Given Demonology is lacking a Shard regen execute like Destruction and Affliction, it wouldn't be unreasonable to have Demon Bolt fulfil that role, perhaps with a shard cost not disimilar to Shadowburn, but rather than directly apply damage itself, apply a debuff that causes pets/guardians to do more - if the mob dies with the debuff still applied, you get your 3 shards back.

I have 2 assumption about it:
    1- Given that SL will be trainable, it may be the active spell replacing it in the talent tree.
    2- They may add it to the Meta spells giving your demons dmg increase while you are transformed (but I actually don't qualify this one).

I hope for it to be the replacement in demo tree for SL becoming trainable, very interesting the speculation before, like an execute debuff that allows shard regen for the spec.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with replacing Demon Bolt?! IT WAS GREEN FIRE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! QQ

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    I hope for it to be the replacement in demo tree for SL becoming trainable, very interesting the speculation before, like an execute debuff that allows shard regen for the spec.
    Got to agree that it does need a reliable mechanism for returns.
    Drain soul works fine for affliction, but I am still concerned about destruction with shadowburn, and the timing requirement.
    If you get it right, it is something you only need to use once on any given target, unlike drain soul, though which has a duration, so less hit and miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Shadowburn, 5 seconds is a bit short (didn't it used to be 20s?), but you can use an Addon like TimeToDie to get it right.

TimeToDie is all well and good on raid trash or at least dungeon or raid bosses, but on dungeon trash I can see it being much harder to pull off.
    No small part due to rather spiky damage so getting an accurate figure will be hit or miss.
    Though there I suppose at least you will have the option - I hope - between trash pulls to regain them yourself.
    Though judging from the current pull. pull, pull mentality that bit does concern me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Nothing wrong with replacing Demon Bolt?! IT WAS GREEN FIRE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! QQ
    Actually Felflame is the green fire one!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd bother spending the time to press the Soul Burn button on dungeon trash to consume a shard. I can never bring myself to press Meta there afterall; it's rare enough I even bother on raid trash - too much trouble with aggro :s

Trash is trash, I genuinely cba using cooldowns on it, SoC does enough damage as it is anyway, and it's not like getting past it is a marginal event. No one ever said 'Wow, lucky we got through that trash pack this week. Phew.'