Shadow meta-gem and advice (PVP)

I'd tried to find some information on this elsewhere, but I was unsuccessful (so, my apologies if it's right in front of my face).

What meta-gem does the shadow priest community recommend for PVP?

Also, I'm having an extremely difficult time running away from DKs, Rogues, Warriors in PVP. They usually trinket PS, and if I then PH that'll give me some room, but I'm immediately DGed, charged, or they'll cloak and then stun/rip my face off (fading or trinket-ing helps some, but not enough to do any real damage). My gear isn't terribly good yet (750~ resil, 24k hp buffed), so perhaps that's the issue. Still, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meta : Trenchant Earthsiege Diamond is what I use but there is some flexibility.

Melee: Try to get VT up as fast as you can, if you can't get your instants up, and fear when you aren't stunned to get VT up.

Us fade/dispel to drop snare effects as you go to get room. When DKs and Rogues (especially Rogues) pop AMS and CoS send your shadowfiend in to keep the pressure up. Most use it defenseively and you want them to stay defenseive and shadow fiend keep them in combat and it hits like a truck.

Your resil is low for melee you need more but if you find you are dying dispersion about 50% if they are bursting you hard and try to get a fear off to PoM,renew shield and a flash heal off (Do not get caught out of shadowform).

You have to counter their DPS cooldowns as much as possible by disarming rogues and warriors and DKs (if they are blood, shackling gargoyles ifthey are unholy)

The #1 thing you need to do is make sure you have Inner Fire glyphed and talented or you will get raped, make sure it have it up because with after a while it comes down fairly easy.

In terms of meta, theres pretty much a "pick whichever you like" consensus across the board. Picking something gimmicky like the spell reflect meta is something that alot of spriests do. Presonally, i use the SP + run speed meta because i like having rocket boots available for BG's and world pvp (dispersion rocket boots is godly).

In terms of the classes,

Rogues: sadly you need about 1100 resil to manage well against rogues. the rogue playstyle is very fast and hard, so you need to be really fast with your counters (fear bomb, fade, and then horror can get you some good distance to get dots up).

DK: uphill battle here dude. A good DK will destroy an equally skilled Spriest. Tips: Try to time when he Deathcoils with your PW:S, if DC is absorbed fully it doesnt let their diseases be undispellable. You need to survive against a DK for 3 fear bombs (over a min). after the 3rd fear you can get him in a full fear, burst combo with horror and silence to stop the AMS.

Warriors: Disarm the BS or dispersion through it. Make sure you jump thier charges and intercepts, its a move that can give you a huge advantage if timed with fade in a way to get distance. 3 dots on warrior = dead warrior. Dont cast alot against warriors! believe it or not when they OP one of your casts you do 50% less damage for a 8 secs (?), so try to keep casting to a minimum and only do so when you know u have a good fear.

Thanks for the advice so far. I had a feeling that either I'm just under geared or that I'll have to practice a bit more to get used to these classes.

Back to the BGs!