Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    A possitional aoe HOT that I can cast and then proceed to heal as needed? I agree.

There is never a situation where more then 3-4 people need healing at a time.

How dare Blizzard give us spells that fulfill functions our class previously could not help with.

I am getting my angry typewriter out right now (it's red) and using my angry ink ribbon (purple oddly enough) and busting out a complaint so volitile that the blizzard staff will spontaniously swtich genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Stopped reading there.

A spell that does heavy healing, applies a hot and has a chance to proc an amazing free aoe heal will only be casted on the tank?

Can I have what you are smoking?

Regrowth is the most efficient Druid healing spell atm on beta. And most Druids will be using it most the time if that's how it remains. Ofc they will use other spells, but Regrowth will be the first they will cast. Not to mention that Regrowth also applies living seed, it's ticks have a chance to restore mana, and it also increases the healing done by Nourish.

Clearly most people here are lacking the knowledge about what the hell is going on on beta or the knowledge how proper end game raiding works, or general knowledge about the game itself.
    Even if what you say is true, that still doesn't waive every other point I've made.

It is not instant so you can't cast it while moving, it is based around a separate character's location so you have no control over where you put it beyond where someone else is standing, it stays stuck on the ground and thus is not nearly as effective on kited fights as a pre-planned spot for HR, and procs on a crit that you cannot plan on getting. Ignoring everyone else because of a mediocre attempt at cherry picking is why I am again telling you to stop with the hyperbole. Or would you prefer I cherry pick and insult your mistakes? I'd rather have a decent conversation, but I have some free time as well.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2010-08-18 at 10:09 PM.

Stopped reading there.

A spell that does heavy healing, applies a hot and has a chance to proc an amazing free aoe heal will only be casted on the tank?

Can I have what you are smoking?

Regrowth is the most efficient Druid healing spell atm on beta. And most Druids will be using it most the time if that's how it remains. Ofc they will use other spells, but Regrowth will be the first they will cast. Not to mention that Regrowth also applies living seed, it's ticks have a chance to restore mana, and it also increases the healing done by Nourish.

Clearly most people here are lacking the knowledge about what the hell is going on on beta or the knowledge how proper end game raiding works, or general knowledge about the game itself.
    Its one of the most expensive heals in the druid arsenal they arent going to be spamming it across the raid.

10+ Year Old Account

Go away. We need trolls that play Shaman. Not random trolls like you.
    In other words you have no rebuttal to the facts I just laid down for you.

Yes. Throw ES on the person about to get damage and then throw is back on the tank. Can you come up with more mana wasting suggestions? We really need those!
    I'm more than willing to throw away mana if it keeps someone alive. Also if a couple of Earth Shields drain your mana pool, you need to respec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If every buff that Riptide provides is leading towards an overheal, wouldn't that mean that Riptide is a strong heal by default? For example, if Earthliving HoT is overhealing after RT, then that means RT is doing its job as a heal. If Riptide is such a weak heal, then you would be praying for that EL HoT or Tidal Waves everytime you cast RT because it'd be giving RT the healing boost you think it needs.

In other words you're complaining for the sake of complaining. You're complaining about RT being a weak heal on one hand, then go on to say that RT sucks because it heals so much that it makes subsequent heals and proccs useless.

BTW, you do have another instant healing spell. Its called Earth Shield.

And people wonder why Blizzard doesn't take Shaman complaints seriously....

HoTs for riptide are overhealing because when you use RT, you will almost always cast a 2nd spell after that will heal the target of the remaining hp missing on the target. currently if you wait for the HoT to tick to heal someone that is taking damage, that person is doomed. The HoTs are not strong on their own, they are nice on fights llike sindragosa or blood queen because you take constant damage, but is't not the majority of fights.

I just hope that Cata will finally make Riptide worth all the procs it provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    HoTs for riptide are overhealing because when you use RT, you will almost always cast a 2nd spell after that will heal the target of the remaining hp missing on the target. currently if you wait for the HoT to tick to heal someone that is taking damage, that person is doomed. The HoTs are not strong on their own, they are nice on fights llike sindragosa or blood queen because you take constant damage, but is't not the majority of fights.

I just hope that Cata will finally make Riptide worth all the procs it provide.
    This is not true at all. You don't have to RT the same person you cast a HW/LHW on. I keep riptides up on more than one person at the same time as well. The HoTs are definitely not all overheal, not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much time does it takes currently before someone is completely healed? Taking in consideration that usually you are not the only healer in a raid. Around 4-5 secondes. Riptide tick every 3 secondes for 15 secondes. So if someone is not taking constant damage during a fight, the HoTs are overhealing for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post

PS Weezy is one of the most creative artist of all time. When everyone from our generation is dead, his music will live on.
    offtopic: weezy just talks like drake, nothing special, unless u think autotune is awesome.
    ontopic: if u dont think an AoE overtime affect is nice, maybe ur just too used to smashing the chain heal button. but predicting dmg with healing rain then chain healing, i mean come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post

PS Weezy is one of the most creative artist of all time. When everyone from our generation is dead, his music will live on.
    So will Rick Astley's, doesn't mean anyone likes it.
    Last edited by Razorlor; 2010-08-19 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarkids View Post
    /hug Razor
    /hug you too =D

I myself miss Spirit Link, at least they could have tweaked it a bit if it was too good in raids -but sure was much more fun than the AoE heal.