Thread: I'm not a Druid

I'm not a Druid

But I'm sure it has been asked before: "Why are the forms always bear/cat?"

It fits with the Night Elves perfectly. However, for other Druids, it would be far more interesting if they transformed into the native animals of their land.

So, the question is: Wouldn't you rather have a predator/guardian form that is a native animal of your race?
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Deleted
    Nah, not at all. Like, if taurens had tigers/raptors/alligators/whatever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves, Tauren, and Worgen hail from the same school of druid-ry.

Trolls don't, but I think Cat/Bear/Oomkin/Tree is just a gameplay thing for them-- No reason to make Raptor Form, etc when the models are all there already.

Lorewise, I assume all Troll Druids are feral, because Moonkin and Tree of Life are both major aspects of reverence of the Moon and the Ancients (unique to Nelf Druidism).
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

It's ok, not everyone is perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    Night Elves, Tauren, and Worgen hail from the same school of druid-ry.

Trolls don't, but I think Cat/Bear/Oomkin/Tree is just a gameplay thing for them-- No reason to make Raptor Form, etc when the models are all there already.

Lorewise, I assume all Troll Druids are feral, because Moonkin and Tree of Life are both major aspects of reverence of the Moon and the Ancients (unique to Nelf Druidism).
    Don't Trolls have a +dmg racial vs beasts?
    Hope that's gone by the time Cataclysm arrives.

If there's something that harms the beasts more, that is Troll, and druids are all against the harm of nature.
    There are many differences amongst the cultures but that does not mean that they cannot share a goal.

Cat form, for Tauren is already different than the Night Elf one, and I am pretty sure that so will Worgen and Troll form be.

Cat is very general, and Tauren cat form is more like a lion/barrens tiger, while night elven is more like panther.

Just naming the abilities differently won't have much impact.

By renaming it I was taking away the need for it to be a cat/bear, but I get the jist of things. It still disappoints me the most for trolls though, there were better options than bear and after seeing the skins I wasn't too happy. It's only cosmetic though :/
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.