Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I know right, Zeratul told Raynor that there needs to be a Queen of Blades (sound familiar) and what does he do? He 'kills' the Queen of Blades.
    Someone fails at comprehension. Anyways, the lore in WoW (and Starcraft 2) is just fine, especially for a game, it goes much further than most others. If you really like story/lore that much, than you should be reading books instead of playing videogames. Lore is just the background.

Quote Originally Posted by rhod View Post
    I'd be careful if I were you. Rumor has it everyone in South Korea patrols these forums, and if they see your post, you'll have a bunch of Koreans dressed like bugs and aliens knocking down your door.

Pfft. I already have banelings burrowed at the ramps leading to my house.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

There are plenty of mistakes made in the WOW lore or do you call hooking up with demons who treat your race as slaves to be a good idea.
    The Defias Brotherhood situation was just normal politics as seen in most mid-evil stories. The rich want to keep their money and make sure no one else gets rich.
    Umm, I hate to break this to you but the Burning Legion corrupted two out of 3 Draenei camps.
    All factions have their own goals and interest, you just have to look

You want more war in Warcraft, and from all I've seen from the Beta-news so far, that's pretty much what Cataclysm will give you.

However, you can't say WoW will never have good lore. The lore has been built up in a very controlled way since Warcraft or Warcraft 2 and it's an incredible story so far, which is still progressing all the time, through books as well as the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Hey, at least its not Starcraft 2.
    amen.
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Pfft. I already have banelings burrowed at the ramps leading to my house.
    must suck for when the pizza man comes to your house

Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    True evil and malicious acts is because none of the races besides the Forsaken have truly evil bones in their bodies nowadays.
    This assertion is both incorrect and absurd.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the OP will respond to anyone or just leave the thread to start a flame war.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    The lore is WAY WAY beyond Alliance VS Horde, its juvinile to think thats all there is to the universe

The main reason WoW lore IS bad is copying. 60% of lore is copy pasted from Warhammer and Lovecraft (no, the Warcraft - Lovecraft resemblance aint there accidentaly), 30% of it is made from other popular legends (King Arthur, Nordic, Egyptian and even Slavic mythology, bible etc.) and the last 10% is actualy made up by blizzard and their writers.

The lore is not bad in Uwe Boll kind of bad, but rather in 10th remake of "Night of the living Death" bad

Gravey has spoken, howk!
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore?

Does lore get me purples?

Then lore doesn't have to be good.

*WARNING: The preceding contained massive sarcasm.*
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

all that is the same atm from warhammer is orcs vs. humans which warhammer(and damn near EVERY other fantasy world) took from Tolkien.
    not to mention the orks are dumb enough to make garrosh look like a genius.

OP doesnt know the first thing about good lore.

Stop whining.

The OP may have a bit of a point……

This may be one of the reasons why they decided to Scrap the WoW universe in favor of a completely new one for their new secret MMO
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofshock View Post
    must suck for when the pizza man comes to your house
    How do you think they get fed?

wait wait u say they never do anything wrong then u list the things they did wrong the orcs drank demon blood varian trusted deathwing and onyxia..2/3 of the draeni's race is demons that want to kill us all...garrosh abuses steroids...lots of steroids...they are their mistakes

adn what makes wows lore good in mine and alot of others eyes is that there is no good verse evil (atelase in horde/alliance lore) both are "good" and both are "evil" it just depends on your point of view i.e the alliance thinks the sun shines out their arse and that the horde is evil...the horde thinks they are good people and that anyone who tries to stop them (the alliance) is evil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post
    Why doesn't the Alliance just say "Yeah, we razed Camp Taurajo because it was filled with fricking cows." Can't they be racist for once?
    I was under the impression that racism was one of the most obvious and blatant flaws that Warcraft humans possess.
    No, crazed Alliance zealot, you aren't getting Lordaeron back.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post

Why doesn't the Alliance just say "Yeah, we razed Camp Taurajo because it was filled with fricking cows." Can't they be racist for once?

The reason I liked the Horde since the beginning is that they are not buddies. They seem like real life factions - each of them pursuing their own individual goals at the expense of their allies, with the threat of separation always imminent. The same is not true with the Alliance.
    Red: That is quite an interesting choice of words, because in my opinion that would be like saying the horde hate the alliance because they are humans, draenei, gnomes, dwarves and night elfs... Which would essentially be racism, isn't that what this whole war is about and the fact that they have different views and want control over areas for their own faction? Mostly what a war is about, saying the Alliance destroyed a Horde camp is bad is just plain stupid, it is a War between the Horde and the Alliance again, territories are going to be lost, lives will be ended and there will be fighting again.

Blue: I don't really see why would like this... I mean if they are all after individual goals then what happens if they achieve that goal? Won't they be likely to leave the horde thus leaving them vulnerable? Wouldn't that be a bad thing? Also if the Alliance are always buddy buddy with eachother that means they are a stronger faction (in my opinion) because they are always willing to help each other and are willing to sacrifice what they can to help out their allies, this to me is a good faction but I could be wrong, I know nothing about that kind of leadership, Garrosh has a lot of crap to fix after the Lich Kings death and so does Varian, they both have a lot to deal with.

Each faction has its positives and negatives and players have to deal with that (lore wise), but personally I love the lore in this game and I enjoy what Blizzard does for us, they always have interesting things to do and fun story lines, I play both the Alliance and the Horde and I don't really care what happens either way, from a personal stand point I dislike seeing night elves die or trolls because they are some of my favorite races but that is how war is, you have to deal with it even if it is a video game, but of course that is all it is, a video game.

Just my opinion on your post.

It's a bit more complex than the OP makes out, but I can concur with the spirit of his post here. I would like to see more mistakes, and not just of the cliché "we should have worked together/dealt with the ancient evil when we had a chance/avoided the obvious trap/kept an eye on the treacherous demon" stuff. I want to see one guy's pacifism and peacemongering lead to bad, bad happenings. I want to see a cooperative attack between Alliance and Horde forces splinter into infighting. I want to see trump cards fail horribly, and wise leaders make poor decisions. I want a quest chain where you seem to be leading a successful defense/counterattack, then it all falls apart at the end.

Cata seems to be giving us more of this, but not, in my opinion, enough.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    I want to see one guy's pacifism and peacemongering lead to bad, bad happenings.
    That pretty much describes Thrall's story thus far in WoW perfectly.

He was so against war and for finding peaceful solutions that he allowed a group that was untrustworthy, the Forsaken, into the Horde out of pity and flawed thinking that he and the Earthen Ring could change them to be more honorable. He was then so much of a non-confrontational pacifist that he failed to keep any sort of tabs on them, and as a result they ended up developing a plague expressly for the purpose of war that melts people into goop and was even used against Horde troops. Plus they ultimately convinced Varian to go to war with the Horde due to what they had done to Lordaeron and many of its citizens.

Ultimately, it is because of the decisions Thrall has made since the start of WoW, most of which were made so as to avoid war and practice pacifistic policies, that the Alliance and Horde are at war now.
    Last edited by Garekh; 2010-08-17 at 05:21 AM.