Thread: Soloable Bosses

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloable Bosses

Hi there,

I just recently started playing WoW again, i dont really see the point in gearing up my hunter since Cata is around the corner. However i have always wanted to get Thunderfury on my hunter and i see this as a good time sink until cata is out. So i was wondering is MC Soloable by a lvl 80 Hunter? and is a certain "level of gear" required to do so? His gear is pretty shit, i stopped playing him when Ulduar was just released.

Also what other Bosses are Soloable by a Hunter?

Regard,

Funkymonk

10+ Year Old Account
    You should able to solo everything but Geddon, Rag and anything else that does a lot of damage to more than one target.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Currently, all of MC, ZG, AQ20 iirc, karazhan, etc should be soloable. You should have no problems getting thunderfury by yourself, you will simply need a friend or two to help clear the first three BWL bosses. Their mechanics don't allow for solotation.

Thanks for the quick replies

you could stack SP and spec for mend pet.

As long as u got a pair of T5-parts that heals your pet for 15% of the damage u do you will make it with a little training.
    I do Garr and Geddon for the bindings every reset.
    Use the tube and look up some videos on how to kill these as a solo hunter. Make a good BM-specc and use a turtle as pet. My recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Currently, all of MC, ZG, AQ20 iirc, karazhan, etc should be soloable. You should have no problems getting thunderfury by yourself, you will simply need a friend or two to help clear the first three BWL bosses. Their mechanics don't allow for solotation.
    Also get the Bind to Account Bow if you want to solo Netharian it can't be broken the way a normal ranged weapon can. Also if you have a ranged weapon with a socket in it Netharian's break ability will unsocket it (or at least it used to).

Is it still possible to do without the T5 set bonus? or is that gear a requirement?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkymonk View Post
    Is it still possible to do without the T5 set bonus? or is that gear a requirement?
    The hunter friend I know who solos MC does use the T5 bonus, as far as I know. It should be doable without, but I don't know anyone that has. Blackwing Lair is a pain because of boss mechanics. You simply can't do the first two bosses without other people.
    For the Alliance!

It's still possible without T5 2pc IF you have really great gear, which it sounds like your hunter does not have, so in your case, I would say go for the T5 since it will be take less time to get than spamming ICC. I'd still try to get into a ICC pug or ten to pick up a new ranged weapon though since the difference is huge between Ulduar weapons and ICC weapons... Anything else you can legitimately pick up along the way will only aid you in your soloing adventures XD

All sounds like good advice so thanks

I've done all but Golemagg, Executus, and Ragnaros in MC without T5, so it's definitely doable. Unlike what the above poster stated, Geddon is about the easiest boss you can possibly solo as long as you put three points into Hawkeye. Just get back as far as you possibly can and still attack with Hawkeye and you're out of range of his abilities. Just sit back, shoot, and readjust a bit as he moves. I have some trouble with Garr without T5, but it's mostly just a balance of getting enough of the adds on me to keep my pet up until some of them are killed while not getting enough of them to kill me. It's definitely doable, though.

With Garr, a trick I've seen people use is to tank half the mobs themselves while they burn the other half down, then feign death and fight as normal. For me, I send my pet in and blast one mob at a time, they're usually dead before they get to me or close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    ZG sure, AQ 20, sure, but all of kara? You can solo chess event? Netherspite? And i'm pretty sure you can't solo Ragnaros (yet).
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    You can solo chess event? Netherspite? And i'm pretty sure you can't solo Ragnaros (yet).
    yes, you can. ragnaros doesn't even hit and assuming you're using onyxia trinkets+t5 it's simple.

Also chess is most definatly soloable all you need to use is the kings and the priests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    why bother to wait for cata if there is another expansion comming after cata?
    Is this a fail attempt at sarcasm?

Deleted
    no.. i just felt like pointing out how pointless the statement "i dont really see the point in gearing up my hunter since Cata is around the corner" is. I mean why bother to play the game at all then if you always wait for gear resets?
    I sorta agree with you but there is still a big difference in not bothering to gear up when essentially there is no more raids left in WotLK to gear for, or not bother a full expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    ZG sure, AQ 20, sure, but all of kara? You can solo chess event? Netherspite? And i'm pretty sure you can't solo Ragnaros (yet).
    kara's netherspite is soloable by at least death knights and has been soloed by a feral druid:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=119293
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8LLlEulwk

with wotlk blizzard decided to have a full gear reset with every new tier of content they release.... today you can get full 251 t10 by farming heroics (takes some time) or full 232 t9 in just a few days....

also there is still much time untill cataclysm ( Did you see a release date yet? ) and what guarantees you that having better gear wont make leveling easier? I was realm 4th 80 in wotlk and having full sunwell gear helped me with that.
    yeah but u know what? u won't be able to use the end content gear of wotlk to lvl in cata... lawl tard?

Deleted
    I don't need a release date to assume Halion is the last raid. It is entirely possible it wont be though. Also again you don't have to be sarcastic to get your message through to me. Obviously having better gear will make you level faster, it's not rocket science. There were people leveling faster than you without Sunwell gear. If you absolutely want to keep it sarcastic then we can do that, How do you know there is still much time left until cataclysm? Did you see a release date yet?