Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    New Loremaster Achievement

    Hello Fellow MMO-ers,

    I got a small question about the new Loremaster achievement.
    My main character has almost over 400 quests done in Eastern and in Kalimdor.
    Will these quests be divided into the new achievements when Cataclysm hits?

    So will the areas i have done already have their achievement or do i have to start a new character to get the new Loremaster achievements?

    Ty in Advance

    ( Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this i supposed that since its a Beta achievement it belonged here)

  2. #2
    I'm going to imagine that these quests are divided among the zones you've completed them in. Given that they are traceable.

  3. #3
    Lore master wont be avaliable in Cataclysm the players that already have loremaster will get the achievement in a feet of strength

  4. #4
    There should be a database maintained listing which quests you have completed, regardless of if they are later removed. New quests use new ID numbers.
    I would imagine the number certainly would be maintained, just if they still are on a zone/continent basis I am not so sure.

  5. #5
    If I rember correctly, did they say on Blizzcon 2009 that, they would make a new Loremaster title and make current Loremaster FoS.

    This could ofc have been revoke or I could rember wrong, but as if, This is correct could it mean that you need do all new quest.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Lore master wont be avaliable in Cataclysm the players that already have loremaster will get the achievement in a feet of strength
    go read the frontpage will ya..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Lore master wont be avaliable in Cataclysm the players that already have loremaster will get the achievement in a feet of strength
    Read the front page:

    Quests

    * Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms and Loremaster of Kalimdor no longer requires you to complete a given amount of quests anymore. You now have to complete the achievements for each zone to get the Loremaster title.
    * All the WoW classic zones now have their own quests achievement: Arathi Highlands Quests, Badlands Quests, Blasted Lands Quests, Burning Steppes Quests, etc ... (Numbers are placeholders, obviously).


    I think you will get these quests filled in in the specific zones as well, though I'm not sure how this may count for removed or changed quests etcetera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  8. #8
    Blademaster Icedwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Lore master wont be avaliable in Cataclysm the players that already have loremaster will get the achievement in a feet of strength
    Um, read the front page, its staying but changing.
    At OP: I would get the remaining quests. Blizzard is most likely going to reset the quest totals (why do i think i remember seeing a blue post about thise?)

  9. #9
    Well of course they keep track of completed quests for every character. (how else are they supposed to check if you can do a quest or not? ) This means that there is a list in their database that contains all quests you completed. These quests are associated with a zone (in cataclysm) so they will be added to that zones quest achievement counter. It must have been the same in TBC when achievements were introduced, because TBC has the zone achievements too. (and you obviously did those quests before achievements were there at all, they still counted)
    A good question is how they handle removed quests.

    It isn't really a big change, it only gets divided up which helps to get the last few for loremaster because you know where you are missing quests. And looking for quests in a single zone is easier than looking for quests on a whole continent. In the end the achievement itself isn't any less or more work.
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-08-17 at 08:48 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Lore master wont be avaliable in Cataclysm the players that already have loremaster will get the achievement in a feet of strength
    Obvious troll is obvious.

    Cataclysms still a ways away, finish it off now if your that close, or wait till its easier. Cataclysm will make loremaster easier, but not too easy. Defenetily waiting for it to come out before I even attempt loremaster in easter kingdoms/kalimdor.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Lore master wont be avaliable in Cataclysm the players that already have loremaster will get the achievement in a feet of strength
    I hope I can keep the title. Or at least The Seeker, which is better anyway.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I hope I can keep the title. Or at least The Seeker, which is better anyway.
    1. There is no evidence that Loremaster is a feat of strenght, actually it is complete bullshit to assume that after the frontpage post. It will be updated and EK/Kalim loremaster will be more like Outland/Northrend. It just gets updated. There wont be even a new title if you do the loremaster in cataclysm.
    2. Even if anything ever gets converted into a feat of strenght, you keep your rewards.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious.

    Cataclysms still a ways away, finish it off now if your that close, or wait till its easier. Cataclysm will make loremaster easier, but not too easy. Defenetily waiting for it to come out before I even attempt loremaster in easter kingdoms/kalimdor.
    You have no proof AT ALL to say that Cataclysm is making Loremaster easier.

    On topic: I personally believe that speculation does nothing, therefore, if you want Loremaster....get it. If you want to wait until Cataclysm is out to get it, wait.
    However, to try to answer your speculation, it would only make sense for Blizzard to put all your current quests into their new achievements. The current Loremaster would
    make the most sense as becoming a Feat of Strength and having a new title introduced.
    But then again, it's all speculation and the only way to find out is to ask Ghostcrawler, or wait.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    1. There is no evidence that Loremaster is a feat of strenght, actually it is complete bullshit to assume that after the frontpage post. It will be updated and EK/Kalim loremaster will be more like Outland/Northrend. It just gets updated. There wont be even a new title if you do the loremaster in cataclysm.
    2. Even if anything ever gets converted into a feat of strenght, you keep your rewards.
    Thanks, I replied before all the other posts came. Slow typer

    Anyway, I wouldnt mind doing all the new quests to get Loremaster again if they make the current one a FoS. Content is content.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshaboosh View Post
    You have no proof AT ALL to say that Cataclysm is making Loremaster easier.

    On topic: I personally believe that speculation does nothing, therefore, if you want Loremaster....get it. If you want to wait until Cataclysm is out to get it, wait.
    However, to try to answer your speculation, it would only make sense for Blizzard to put all your current quests into their new achievements. The current Loremaster would
    make the most sense as becoming a Feat of Strength and having a new title introduced.
    But then again, it's all speculation and the only way to find out is to ask Ghostcrawler, or wait.
    I would say the fact that you can now literally FLY through the quests will make it significantly easier. I somehow doubt they're going to make the quests so much harder and longer that a 280% mount wouldn't make it faster than the old method. Especially considering they're working on making quests flow better, and in every expansion they've made the old leveling easier. So yea, we've got plenty of proof it'll be easier.

  16. #16
    Having it tell you how many quests are in a certain area makes things easier. It lets you know that you probably have some drop quests to pick up since you exhausted all the ones from NPCs.

    That's what I hated about the current Kalimdor and EK lore master achievements. I had no idea how many quests were in say the barrens, or desolace.

    It was really annoying not being able to look at my achievements and see that I needed to do 20 more in barrens, 15 is silithus or say 50 in dustwallow to get my lore master achievements. Just having a giant lump sum was rather frustrating. Glad they are fixing that.


    Even if all they did was divide up kalimdor and EK by zone (like every other LM achievement, outlands, northrend and even the cataclysm only zones (yes Loremaster of Cataclysm is an achievement), then I would be happy. Already have my title, granted, but it would make it a much grander achievement. Plus you could get achievement points for subzones.

    I'll probably have to go back an finish a few zones to get those. I know there was a few areas I barely touched. Thank god for crazy ass vanilla attunements. Here's looking at you AQ chain, you little ripper.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  17. #17
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    I would say the fact that you can now literally FLY through the quests will make it significantly easier. I somehow doubt they're going to make the quests so much harder and longer that a 280% mount wouldn't make it faster than the old method. Especially considering they're working on making quests flow better, and in every expansion they've made the old leveling easier. So yea, we've got plenty of proof it'll be easier.
    They did not make it easier, just faster hence more efficient. Still the same old grind only in a shorter time... due to less traveling.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    They did not make it easier, just faster hence more efficient. Still the same old grind only in a shorter time... due to less traveling.
    Yay, a semantics argument. Many people would say speed is the measure of how difficult it is. It's not like going back to do any of those quests at 80 is going to be a gear or skill check. Time spent is really the only measure of those things.

    However if you want to try to measure it in other ways, there's the difficulty tracking what quests have and haven't been done. That's being made easier, obviously.

    There's the difficulty in finding efficient paths, that's being handled in their attempts to make quests flow smoother.

    I have now named 3 ways in which it is easier. Flying mounts, tracking what's done, and following quest flow. Can you name a way in which you think it will be harder? Cause I feel like those 3 show that there is proof it will be easier quite effectively.

  19. #19
    Seriosuly, I do not know whether you guys 1) do not know how to read and have minimal comprehensive ability, or 2) wishful and trying to put words into Blizzard's mouth.

    The new update only stated that the loremaster of eastern kingdoms and kalimdor will be divided and different zones will have different number of quests to do.

    It never said that the title "Loremaster" is to stay. If you guys would just think about it, this is a new achievement for the new and revamped Azeroth.

    The achievements you have right now, that is Loremaster of EK and Kalimdor are most likely not related to the new achievements. Why? Because there is point of adding new quests if the old quests will count. Since everything was changed, you should look at the new EK and Kalimdor as "new zones" and they should have "new achievements" pertaining to the new quests available.

    Let us say that you are one quest away from completing a Kalimdor and EK loremaster, and when Cata comes out, you simply do a starting zone quest, do you think that it will count towards your old achievement and lets you complete it? Blizzard should be smarter than that, as "achievements", or at least those types like LM, should be hard to get. The new quests in Cata might count towards "The Seeker" though.

    Your old EK and Kalimdor achievements would probably be useless in Cata. I personally think that they will be "Feats of Strengths" because they are "ungettable" anymore. So if you want the WotlK version, you have time to get it, if you failed, then the new Cata version will take over and the old version is gone. Understand noobs?

    Also, the new update did not clarify whether the "Loremaster" title would still be available or not. Maybe it still is if you complete the Cata version, or maybe it will get replaced by a new, similar title. All this update ever said is that there will be achievements for the new Azeroth's quests. Learn to read.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscerate View Post
    Seriosuly, I do not know whether you guys 1) do not know how to read and have minimal comprehensive ability, or 2) wishful and trying to put words into Blizzard's mouth.

    The new update only stated that the loremaster of eastern kingdoms and kalimdor will be divided and different zones will have different number of quests to do.

    It never said that the title "Loremaster" is to stay. If you guys would just think about it, this is a new achievement for the new and revamped Azeroth.

    The achievements you have right now, that is Loremaster of EK and Kalimdor are most likely not related to the new achievements. Why? Because there is point of adding new quests if the old quests will count. Since everything was changed, you should look at the new EK and Kalimdor as "new zones" and they should have "new achievements" pertaining to the new quests available.

    Let us say that you are one quest away from completing a Kalimdor and EK loremaster, and when Cata comes out, you simply do a starting zone quest, do you think that it will count towards your old achievement and lets you complete it? Blizzard should be smarter than that, as "achievements", or at least those types like LM, should be hard to get. The new quests in Cata might count towards "The Seeker" though.

    Your old EK and Kalimdor achievements would probably be useless in Cata. I personally think that they will be "Feats of Strengths" because they are "ungettable" anymore. So if you want the WotlK version, you have time to get it, if you failed, then the new Cata version will take over and the old version is gone. Understand noobs?

    Also, the new update did not clarify whether the "Loremaster" title would still be available or not. Maybe it still is if you complete the Cata version, or maybe it will get replaced by a new, similar title. All this update ever said is that there will be achievements for the new Azeroth's quests. Learn to read.
    Blues have said Loremaster is going to stay. They have said they are trying to keep as many old achievements as possible. They have also said they are trying to keep most of your progress. They have also mentioned that if you are doing loremaster you may get set back a bit as a result of the quest changes.

    Loremaster is staying. It's been confirmed. It's being changed a bit, but it will still be there.
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2010-08-17 at 11:03 AM. Reason: whoops double posty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •