Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Something hard outside of Arena and Raids

Ok I want your suggestions for trying out stuff for the sheer fun of it, and not because I get shiny loot at the end.
    You know what I'm talking about, it's the stuff that people say it could be done, but 'whats the point?'.
    So is there anything like this in wow that you know of? Preferably no gear can you help you with it, if you don't know what you're doing.

So, any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Navigate the mine field in Storm Peaks with multiple size-increasing buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Insane in the membrane, its hard to mobilize yourself to do something so long and annoying... you need to be insane and no gear can help you with that <3 http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2336
    Last edited by The_Flying_Dog; 2010-08-17 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Flying_Dog View Post
    Insane in the membrane, its hard to mobilize yourself to do something so long and annoying... you need to be insane and no gear can help you with that <3 http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2336
    Yes but every tard can do it(tard especially because he'll think it's fun grinding for 40 hours in row).
    I need something that's not hard because it's long, but because... well you know what I mean.

You could build a school and teach people how to play, or whatever is useful and can't be used only to brag around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    You could build a school and teach people how to play, or whatever is useful and can't be used only to brag around.
    Ye I could, but the gear like shovel is needed for it and also tons of expensive mats ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    The sort of grinds that were in vanilla and tbc that you seem to want is gone forever.

Insane in the membrane/Loremaster and the likes is your best bet outside of pvp and pve.

World of Warcraft is about instant gratification now and everyone should be able to do, and get, everything if they want to even if they only have 1-2 hours a day tops (yes there were some negative sarcasm in there, just my opinion so keep the casual vs hardcore crap to yourselves).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    The sort of grinds that were in vanilla and tbc that you seem to want is gone forever.

Insane in the membrane/Loremaster and the likes is your best bet outside of pvp and pve.

World of Warcraft is about instant gratification now and everyone should be able to do, and get, everything if they want to even if they only have 1-2 hours a day tops (yes there were some negative sarcasm in there, just my opinion so keep the casual vs hardcore crap to yourselves).
    You missed my point, I don't want 50 hour grind for title, how is that hard at all? Maybe time and money consuming but every scrub could do it, couldn't he?

The grinds you are talking about would not be what hes looking for. Those were easy but time consuming, which he says he doesnt want. He apparently wants something thats hard, and also time consuming? Go play Brutal difficulty Starcraft 2 campaign pretty much, there is no solo challenging content in wow. Its not a soloing game except for leveling.

Suggest perhaps to solo some lvl 60 content? But gear helps that... Again if you want something hard that gear doesnt help, the only thing you can really do is play another game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

What class do you play?

Deleted
    I have almost all, but only rogue and DK are 80, while the rest are 70-30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Battlegrounds, of some of the more insane achievements.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    You missed my point, I don't want 50 hour grind for title, how is that hard at all? Maybe time and money consuming but every scrub could do it, couldn't he?
    If you trying to find something to do that no other "scrub" as u put it there is nothing else because this game is to allow people to do w/e they want

Also yes everybody can do Insane in the Membrane but not many people do it. The only other think you can try to do is go farm a specific mount or w/e.
    Last edited by Buddahpal; 2010-08-18 at 09:28 AM.

Mountain climbing... srsly

Deleted

I wouldn't call something time-consuming something hard the same way I wouldn't classify a game as hard because the controls or camera are messed up without good reason.

I think they mean something like the old hunter/priest MC quest - the solo part of it at least.

The general problem is that hard content not dependent on gear basically just means "clicking your buttons at the right time" event - think that demon-control thing in Blade's Edge - the difficulty usually just meaning more punishing on slower button clicks / positioning. When you make some allowances for people playing at 500ms or so, which is reasonable in quite a few parts of the world, the window of difficulty is diminished greatly for those on less than this. Aside from that non-gear based content would likely not reward useful gear, and in the end be bypassed by a lot of people (and if it allowed anyone to grab decent gear on a naked level 80 people would moan about 'welfare epics' even more).

In the end the problem with making content that is hard but not grindy is that A - it requires more testing/development time to get right than hard-because-of-gear content, B - a smaller portion of people are actually going to make use of it, C - if it isn't long and grindy it has sucked up a chunk of resources for a limited life-span activity that reaches only a small number of players. Its for the same reason that they haven't made any significant class quests, because it just isn't a smart use of resources when there are so many other things needing attention.

I think if anything what the game needs is challenging 5-man content, stuff on par with original Scholo, H Arcatraz etc.
    Last edited by poogle; 2010-08-18 at 09:41 AM.

I would recommend old world soloing. Probably best suited for your DK, as it is level 80 and it would require some gearing for other classes, but I can recommend trying out some classes which may not be masters at soloing, but can be very fun, challenging and rewarding when you succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Navigate the mine field in Storm Peaks with multiple size-increasing buffs.
    You sick bastard!

Soloing bosses is pretty fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I would recommend old world soloing. Probably best suited for your DK, as it is level 80 and it would require some gearing for other classes, but I can recommend trying out some classes which may not be masters at soloing, but can be very fun, challenging and rewarding when you succeed.
    Soloed most of ZG(hakkar has enrage) at lvl 69 as DK.
    At 80 cleared ZG and MC, also most bosses in AQ20(didn't bother with rest) and soloed magtheridan.
    So I wouldn't call old-content bosses challenging, maybe few but if you know tactics or did them before in real raid they are quite easy.

I made few attempts for Sarth 10, but didn't have the gear needed to meet the dps.