Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I will admit to leaving it. It simply comes down to how the others are geared, but that mentality only goes so far when I stay and realize after the first wave that the tank does shit threat/gets bitch slapped like two dollar streetwalker, the healer is at 25% mana, or the dps is dead/drooling on their keyboard. I have tanked, healed, and dps'd HoR and have never had any issues preforming my roll properly and efficiently. So why is it so difficult for others to do the same.

Oh btw WTF is so difficult about LoS and then, Priest>Merc>Footman>Mage>Hunter?
    LoS is pointless as Paladin tank.. its so much easier to grab them all while they are running to you instead of trying to LoS...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact that 9/10 times if you get a random queue for HoR, at least 2 people will drop group before the instance even loads? Are heroics not nerfed enough already? I've never had a problem with that place save for a few times with just bad tanks. I propose blizzard treat this like Occulus, people were too big of crybabies to do the instance, even though it's really not difficult, so they nerfed it and added a mount as incentive to appease the mind-numbed masses. Toss a bone-gryphon mount at the end bosses loot table, like the DK exclusive flyer, and watch as people are magically no longer scared of the big bad HoR. Plus you piss of DK's everywhere! Win/win in my book.
    case in point: people STILL leave Oculus, adding extra loot won't magically make people stay.

Any instance based on a system of "waves" tend to be rather irratating, if i can help it i avoid them, first BM then Mount hyjal (worst raid zone ever) violet hold and now HOR all of them just suck.

HoR is easy in any group that has at least one of the following, pala/dk tank, CC that actualy gets used, lots of dps, people following a sensible kill order and/or people who are at the very least not retarded enough to allow you to LOS pull.

i have lost count of the number of times where people dont understand how the "corner tactic" works at all and just stand around waving thier dicks in the middle so they pull the hunter and mage and then QQ when you didnt magically pick them up while stoping the rogue from raping the healer, doesnt bare thinking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoR is the new Oculus. If you don't know what to do you hate it.

I usually leave if I see the tank with 30k or less HP or is a Warrior. Warrior tanks have always failed me in there. ALWAYS. Pallys or Druids usually win the game for us. That and proper heals.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a paladin to tank it and it's easy as fuck. Almost too easy.
    Vol'jin fanboy

HoR is fine as it is.
    At the very most, add a bag at the end with a chance at epic gems (1 or 2 max) and 2 frosties.

I just find it sad when people bail on heroics, especially like this one.
    It's actually quicker than VH, Occ, HoS (all bosses, but who does all?), etc.
    Just go in, do your job, be done.

Deleted
    I love this instance on my warrior tank, but if your tanking this place as warrior don't use LOS tactic imo.

Standing in the middle charging,heroic throw gather em up and mark a skull and hope dps aint retarded

It is the only instance I dont use my dps gear+shield

The only reason i hate H HoR is mainly cause of bad tanks... For instance about 3 month's the group i was in failed on the first wave... Why? the tank couldn't hold aggro from the healer. So when ever I do H HoR i usually tank and have a friend/guildy healing.

I didn't realize that people cared so much about heroics. oh well.

Anyway, as a resto druid, I hate getting HoR for the 2 time, much less the 5 or 8 time as I run randoms.

I don't mind getting it the first time, the second time is Ok but after that. Expect me to drop and thats with any level of skilled group.

It's not a fun enough instance to make me want to run to run it more than twice and people are damn lucky if I stay for the second run.

It's just not a good instance. My thinking here is any instance that has a proven strategy to stand nose in a corner and see pretty much nothing is a failure. I know other strategies have a possibility of working but the proven one time and time again is face in the corner. Thats simply bad design and make the whole place just not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post
    If they didn't drop group you'd be posting here about how rubbish they were. I figure folks drop out for a reason, and that reason is they're such poor players all they ever do in HoR is fail.

It's a good thing they drop out. Honestly.
    Damn, what a depressing thought.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    L2 main

i get it alot as my random heroic, and yea people do leave, but since im a DK Tank, we will find replacement fast enough, and most people that leave cant handle HoR anyways so it doesnt bother me to much, i like doing HoR, never wiped there but its challanging for sure.

I love this instance. Especially on my rogue. I always try to set a now interrupt record and tank the mage to death while preventing every single spell she casts.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

On my hunter, the tank has no problem on that one since I MD on the tank and cast volley all the way, but on my warrior tank, it's a pain in the ass to keep all those mobs from aggro. If any has a good tacic to gather them all, feel free to tell me cuz I just fail in there... On normal I got no problem though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post
    If they didn't drop group you'd be posting here about how rubbish they were. I figure folks drop out for a reason, and that reason is they're such poor players all they ever do in HoR is fail.

It's a good thing they drop out. Honestly.
    Naw naw duu. I drop out because the other people are fail. I see blues and greens with 264 epics on people who've been carried in their guilds alt runs or someshit and I'm thinking -sigh- and sometimes, SOMETIMES I'll give them a shot and before Falrik...we're all dead.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elderane View Post

some h hor tops

-hide behind those pillar things, dont do shit till tank has all the mobs (including hots, pw:s, etc)
    -
    I always tank everything next to the door when it closes. never had a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the place on my Paladin healer, but it's fine on my priest and druid healer. Only because on my pally, i always get consecutively stunned / frozen / feared and next moment the tank is dead, and suddenly everything is my fault

When I was a feral tank all I ever had to do was spam swipe and I won purps.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that it's just a vicious cycle. Good players leave because it's too much of a crapshoot to know whether or not the other players will carry their weight. Bad players leave because the instance scares them and because they have failed plenty of times in the instance to not want more.

I personally have a love-hate relationship with it. I love it cause it's fun, I hate it cause I don't like to wipe unnecessarily. I've tanked, dpsed, and healed it, and it's fun from all aspects.

Actually one time I had a bad tank yell at me for shackling the hunter -_-