Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking Leveling a shaman

Heey, i'm gonna level a shaman first i thought lets wait till cata hits but i'm just to excited about the class.
    So i was wondering should i buy the 2 hammers for enhancement or one dagger aswell or something

Thank you

2x1h hammers never daggers for us
    enjoy ur new toon =)

2 hammers, enhance doesn't go for daggers

Deleted
    I really want to level a druid right now, but me and mates are going to level together in cata so ima have to wait

Yea 2xhammers simple as, but till 40 use the 2H axe as the WF procs hit like a train with it

Shaman was great fun to lvl as enh

10+ Year Old Account
    The higher the top end damage the better. So generally a slower weapon will always be better. Only exceptions being situations like a level 10 mace, or a level 22 dagger...but with heirlooms that is kind of a moot point.

Enjoy shaman, despite all the naysayers shaman is a really fun class. Cata doom keeps being spouted, but really it is unfounded this early in beta. I am currently considering changing mains from resto druids to resto or ele shammy for cata.

If you wanna do dungeons, go elemental, at least you'll be able to heal cuz you aint gettin no dungeons as dps.
    And in BC/Wotlk i still have instant dungeons while sometimes i hear from tanks they ave 3-4 min queue (dps up till 10-20 mins @ peak hours)

go resto. quickest way to lvl up your shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    I hope you enjoy healing... =(
    ^thisx100

In BC, was forced to healbot. Now, it's Cata and I'm gearing up...guild wants me resto...At least as a druid...you have more choices.

ive never been forced to be resto in wotlk. i dont see many resto shamans in raids either. elemental/enh give out decent amount of buffs to the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    with all the stuff im reading bout shamans in cata, im having a hard time debating chaning from elemental to enhancement...they both sound so fun!
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Quote Originally Posted by Koto_and_Juri View Post
    ^thisx100

In BC, was forced to healbot. Now, it's Cata and I'm gearing up...guild wants me resto...At least as a druid...you have more choices.
    Um, tell your guild you'll play the character you want to play however the hell you want to play it.

Shaman is a lot of fun to level and don't worry about the DPS queue time... you can still heal from level 10-~30 instances because, honestly? no one is specced for healing or tanking at those levels. And if the queue takes 10 minutes rather than 1, you can still quest in the downtime.

I like enhancement more than elemental for leveling, it's a little more basic, though I think elemental is far cooler at level 80. just mo.

If you're going to be doing dungeon finder, go resto. Not only do you get instant queues, resto is so OP for dungeons. I think on my way to 80 I had a grand total of 10 wipes in dungeons (and I did nothing BUT), and none of them were my fault. You can also do dps with resto gear.

My advice is get shammy to 80, then worry about gearing up and spec and such. Healing will make the process much less painful (no pun intended).

Edit: Forgot to mention, doing this got my shammy to 80 in 7 days played time. Quested in Northrend though because of fat xp amounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    I went enhance for leveling and then ended up raiding resto

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop the whine "in bc we were healbots" "in wotlk we suck big time" omg. I have my shaman from 2004 and never play as healer. in tbc and wotlk i was dps and my dps was really good. If your guild force you to be heal then gquit and prove to them that you can stand as a good dps class. About lvl up i lvl as enh and play enh in endgame pve. I try ele too but enh is much better now.

glad I leveled my alliance shaman with a warrior pre wf totem nerf