Deleted

Red face The destroyed Park, the Night elves and a Howling Oak

Hi! I finally decided to sign up and ask something, so this being my first thread be gentle!

So we've all know about how the Stormwind Park gets destroyed by Deathwing(?). I've seen so many people and posts talking about what should be built on it's place (worgen district), but what I'm really concerned about is it's former occupants. The Night elves in particular. The park was the place were the druid trainers and some elves hang out. There was also a Moonwell.
    Now with that area gone do the Night elves get a new part of Stormwind? (if they do please post screen if available) Are there any druid trainers? What about a Moonwell? I know the last one isn't that important but didn't you need it to make some kind of cloth (mooncloth?)

Since I didn't want to make a whole new thread about the Howling Oak here's my question:
    For now we've seen three 'Howling Oak' buildings in Azeroth: 1.Gilneas; 2. Darnassus; 3. Blasted Lands. what is strange to me is their construction. They seem to be trees grown out of Moonwells. I gues they had to break through it. So I don't understand how they came to be like that. I only can speculate about the one in Blasted lands: The Night elves have build a Moonwell there loong time ago, but had to leave it due to some reason. The Light of Elune blessed the ground around it so the plants were stronger. One plant in particular was stronger than the most and grew THROUGH the moonwell and so they became one. The important part for this is that there were NO NIGHT ELVES AROUND to stop the tree from destroying the Moonwell.
    Now lets look at Darnasus. The capital of the Night elves. Heaven for trees. Place with many druids. How could they let a tree destroy their shrine and connection to their Goddes? Or did they do it on purpose? Why?
    Both those places had a Moonweel though, so eventually a tree could grow out of it. But why would there be a Moonwell in Gilneas before the elves officially went to help its citizens overcome the worgen curse? Or did they built the Moonwell after they came? Then how fast the tree itself grew and became that big??

Well that was all :P Sorry for the lengthy post or if any of those questions were answered before, but I couldn't find anything about them.

To your first question, yes, there WILL still be Night Elves and druid trainers in Stormwind. They've been moved to a park area in the remodeled Cathedral District from what I've read.

As to your questions about the "Howling Oak's", here is the answer I've gathered from quest threads I've read and stuff from Blizzard. They original Worgen were druids that followed the wolf ancient Goldrinn (Perhaps better known amongst modern fans as Lo'gosh, the same wolf spirit that king Varian got his name from during his time as a Gladiator from the Orks) and attempted to master a new wolf form. They were VERY powerful, but as time went on they had more and more difficulty leaving the form, remembering their life outside of the wolf form. Many became feral and mad, which is how modern Worgen came to pass. It also seemed to spread, though how THAT came to be is still unknown or even how it spread (Its assumed to be via bite or something similar, but as of yet the cinematic showing a Gilneas character turning and becoming one is still not in beta, so it doesn't show HOW you became one yet).

When they other druids discovered this, they tried to help those they could. Those they couldn't, they sealed away beneath the "Howling Oak's" we see in game. Why they look like a tree mixed with a moonwell isn't known either, but I would assume its part of how they sealed up and calmed those that turned feral. These trees were scattered all over the world, including in Gilneas and the Blasted Lands (I would also assume there is one in Duskwood, but as of yet I don't know if that area is finished).

How the Worgen came unsealed in so many areas is unknown, but likely answers including a weakening of the seals over them over time and outside influence from Sorcerer's and Mages accidently summoning them, which is how I imagine Arugal got so many in Vanilla.

A lot is still unknown and speculation when it comes to the Worgen and I imagine it will stay so for quite a while until A: Blizzard releases some more RP books with updated lore or B: More quests come live in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ good answer.

Deleted
    Thanks! I didn't know about the oaks serving as prisons. But still when you say 'the other druid' do you mean the Gilnean ones? Because it wouldn't make sense to me that Night elves helped them and told nothing to the alliance. Or this happened before the Graymane wall was closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaner View Post
    Thanks! I didn't know about the oaks serving as prisons. But still when you say 'the other druid' do you mean the Gilnean ones? Because it wouldn't make sense to me that Night elves helped them and told nothing to the alliance. Or this happened before the Graymane wall was closed?
    The original Worgen were Night Elven Druids. The other Druids that tried to help them were also Night Elven Druids, just of different paths such as the Claw and Talon. This all happened back around the War of the Ancients at the least.
    Last edited by Garekh; 2010-08-17 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaner View Post
    Hi! I finally decided to sign up and ask something, so this being my first thread be gentle!

So we've all know about how the Stormwind Park gets destroyed by Deathwing(?). I've seen so many people and posts talking about what should be built on it's place (worgen district), but what I'm really concerned about is it's former occupants. The Night elves in particular. The park was the place were the druid trainers and some elves hang out. There was also a Moonwell.
    Now with that area gone do the Night elves get a new part of Stormwind? (if they do please post screen if available) Are there any druid trainers? What about a Moonwell? I know the last one isn't that important but didn't you need it to make some kind of cloth (mooncloth?)
    Many are on the docks, planning to go back home.