Raid frames for healing

I recently got my shaman to 80 and decided to make its ms resto. so that means raid healing.... the raid frames i use now is Grid. but using Grid while healing just i dunno, confuses me. its a lot easier for me to look at a bunch of boxes and see "ok this ones a half full so he's at half hp" than how grid is, and just seeing like -5.9 on the box or w/e. so basically is there any raid frames that have this more bar style too it that im talking about?

Deleted
    I use sRaidFrames + sRaidFrames_Advanced, both found on curse.
    I combine it with Clique.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-17 at 08:54 PM.

Grid can be easily configured to look like healthbars or any box shape you want it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use "Grid" with the add-on "Clique".

You could use "Healbot".

The one I started to use now which is kind of a combination of all of them is "Vuhdo" I'm actually really liking this add-on once I set it up.

D: don't listen to them they are trying to trick you :O vuhdo is the best all around (kinda but im a fanboy) give it a shot

I LOVE vuhdo, easy and clean. Works perfectly for raid frames too.

Deleted
    To me it sounds like you just havn't done any configuration to your grid, have a look into it, I'm also sure there's a good guide on here somewhere.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're lazy like me you can use X-perl for the bars.

Personally I like it more then grid but that's just cause I cba to set up grid correct :P
    Oh and like other people have said, use clique as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid personally, highly customizable. Mine looks like health bars, you can do it. I tried Healbot and just couldnt get into it, though I know that its really popular in the healing community. Ive heard good things about Vuhdo, tried it a long time ago, I didnt like it. Might work for you tho

I use grid with mouseover macros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

I personally think Xperl's raid frames looks the nicest, at least in terms of being able to fit the most amount of information into the space available. Addons like Grid and Vuhdo tend to center around more "minimalistic" interfaces. But really, most any raid frames will have the same options to customize appearance, skin, class colors, percentages, scaling, etc. What its going to come down to is which one you feel is easiest to learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SbEguy View Post
    Grid can be easily configured to look like healthbars or any box shape you want it to.
    this

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

I completely disagree with Teck. I think xPerl is one of the ugliest UFs out there and isn't very good at making things look nice. It might be slightly efficient but you can get the same results with something clean. You can track any aura you want on Grid and it's completely customizable. For me, on my Resto Sham/Druid, I use Grid and Mouseover Macros which seems really nice.
    Back in BC I used Clique + Grid but I didn't like it that much so I switched.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have healbot but after a while I found it ugly and a bit space wasting so I switched to Grid+Clique which is what I still use when I heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerutan View Post
    I completely disagree with Teck. I think xPerl is one of the ugliest UFs out there and isn't very good at making things look nice. It might be slightly efficient but you can get the same results with something clean. You can track any aura you want on Grid and it's completely customizable. For me, on my Resto Sham/Druid, I use Grid and Mouseover Macros which seems really nice.
    Back in BC I used Clique + Grid but I didn't like it that much so I switched.
    Which was entirely my point. What works for one person won't always work for another. On my shaman I have Xperl's frames, plus mouse-over macros, and clique for dispelling. It all comes down to preference.

I'm using Vuhdo. I had grid+clique before, but I prefer vuhdo's HoT tracking. Xperl is the only raid frame addon I could never use, it simply looks terrible.

Does Vuhdo show incoming heals?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does. It uses LibHealComm-4.0, which is the same incoming heal library used by SUF, StUf, Pitbull4, Grid, Grid 2, and Healbot - so it's incoming heals information is identical to that available from other raid frames.