10+ Year Old Account

How about instead of Inner Rage...

I understand what Blizzard is trying to do. They're trying to make sure that we don't 'waste' rage after hitting the maximum 100%.

Why not just keep it simple and make inner rage an out right damage attack that saps some rage when you hit 100% rage.

Something like "When the Warrior reaches 100 rage they explode with fury causing X damage and consuming Y rage"

X damage would be something not too hard hitting, but still worth the rage cost. Something like talented execute damage (maybe a little more, like 120% execute damage) for 30 or so rage. And give it like a 10s or 15s internal cooldown so it doesn't get abused.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one playing a warrior who likes the idea of Inner Rage. I just hope they tune it in such a way that it's a huge dps increase for warriors who can play it well.

/edit: Huge is probably too strong an adjective to use, I just mean if someone is using IR better than someone who doesn't get rage mechanics that they'll end up 5 to 10% higher on dps. 10% itself might be too large a number itself depending on where we stand compared to other dps classes.
    Last edited by Shelly; 2010-08-18 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one playing a warrior who likes the idea of Inner Rage. I just hope they tune it in such a way that it's a huge dps increase for warriors who can play it well.
    agree although i doubt blizz will get the numbers wrong. if its something to op they will nerf it but if its something that makes warriors not train it then it will get buffed

I like inner rage. I really really hope it's one of those things that create a gap between good players and bad when played correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    yepper, leveling my warr tank im constanly hittin max rage...gonna be nice seeing amped up thunder claps and shield slams.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Having to waste a GCD just because RnG allows us to hit 100% rage isn't a brilliant idea. The rotation needs to have some unpredictibility about it but this may be a bit too much. A passive buff which turns on without you pressing anything and allowing your rotation to continue may be a good thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ErrorWoW/ - Youtube Channel.
    ErrorWarrior - Warcraft Movies Username.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPSError View Post
    Having to waste a GCD just because RnG allows us to hit 100% rage isn't a brilliant idea. The rotation needs to have some unpredictibility about it but this may be a bit too much. A passive buff which turns on without you pressing anything and allowing your rotation to continue may be a good thing.
    Nah, it would be off the GCD. Basically instead of proccing the Inner Rage effect, it'll proc an effect that causes a flat amount of damage instead.

Don't get me wrong, I too like how the current Inner Rage works, but it seems like this kind of ability would be extremely hard to balance. It's one of those love it or hate it abilities with no real middle ground.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Nah, it would be off the GCD. Basically instead of proccing the Inner Rage effect, it'll proc an effect that causes a flat amount of damage instead.

Don't get me wrong, I too like how the current Inner Rage works, but it seems like this kind of ability would be extremely hard to balance. It's one of those love it or hate it abilities with no real middle ground.
    How exactly is that any more balanced than Inner Rage? Also, having a passive instant trigger when you reach 100 rage would put too much emphasis on it during PvP, I think.

i think inner rage should just be a mechanic built into rage, i don't get why it should be a trained ability.
    am i right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    How exactly is that any more balanced than Inner Rage? Also, having a passive instant trigger when you reach 100 rage would put too much emphasis on it during PvP, I think.
    Because it's easier to balance? Proc hitting for too much? Decrease damage. Not hitting hard enough? Increase damage. Hitting too often? Increase cooldown. Not hitting enough? Decrease cooldown.

Inner Rage is hard to balance because you have to take lots of different variables into effect when balancing it. The damage you do, the cost of rage, it's duration, it's cooldown, is it always appropriate? Will there be times, like in certain gimmick fights where it can be a hindrance? Will it affect all 3 specs roughly the same way? etc.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2010-08-19 at 08:49 PM.

How about do the damn obvious and repeatidly requested and cap rage at 150 or more? There, no complications, no theory fuzz, no imbalances and problem solved for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Because it's easier to balance? Proc hitting for too much? Decrease damage. Not hitting hard enough? Increase damage. Hitting too often? Increase cooldown. Not hitting enough? Decrease cooldown.

Inner Rage is hard to balance because you have to take lots of different variables into effect when balancing it. The damage you do, the cost of rage, it's duration, it's cooldown, is it always appropriate? Will there be times, like in certain gimmick fights where it can be a hindrance? Will it affect all 3 specs roughly the same way? etc.
    Actually IR is going to be extremely easy to balance, it's one of those "levers" or "dials" Ghostcrawler has been talking about for a while. What Blizz looks at is overall DPS, they can then dial IR up or down to where it should be, making changes to gear to lower mastery (so Fury doesn't benefit too much from IR) or changing the effect itself.

Also I'd like you to name one fight where it will be a hindrance? It has no inner CD that I know of, it's a flat out +damage increase and as I said before, if you're smart you'll know how to use it. You'll figure out what times you should stop using your rage costing abilities to keep it, but that's about it. Otherwise it's an ability we probably won't think of too much, although the best warriors will figure out ways to increase the uptime for best dps possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to keep it up, or to proc it.
    Its a dps loss in every way.

There are PvE reasons to proc it...

I rolled a troll warrior to 80 as soon as I saw Inner Rage and immediately thought of boss fight dps...When Bloodlust is popped...proc inner rage, pop troll haste racial, the new lifeblood haste(Herbalism) for 20 secs, haste pot, and Flurry, 2 special attacks then berserker rage then more attacks...= profit...epecially once geared warriors have at least a decent amount of haste from gear.

I think Inner Rage will really separate the good warriors who understand how to use it and the warriors who can't understand how to benefit from it.

For a Dual-Wield SMF Fury warrior
    From simply doing some math for attack speed buffs lets take a 2.8(slowest 1-hand weapons) speed weapon and say Bloodlust is up and Flurry is up + 20% attack speed raid buff(Shamans, Deathknights, Paladins, Hunters)

2.8 * .7 (Bloodlust)= 1.96
    1.96 * .75(Flurry) = 1.47 <--already under GCD = since you'd be DW you'd already have 2 auto-attacks before you can even use something on GCD!!
    1.47 * .8 (Raid Buff) = 1.176

1.176 attack speed + haste pot + haste from gear + w/e other haste you got(trinkets, lifeblood, engi glove enchant, troll racial)...= lots of rage = Inner Rage is damn AMAZING at the correct times...math is good people!

Imagine all the damage you would do...Deathwish + Unshackled Fury or Enrage + Unshackled Fury, Inner Rage
    If you aren't hitting like a truck you're doing it wrong!!!
    Last edited by toomighty; 2010-08-20 at 08:18 PM.