New mage spec. Hear me out.

I was running a random heroic yesterday and was blown away by the amount of output this mage was doing for only a 5k gearscore. It took me a hot minute to figure out how this was even possible until I saw his spec. It's something that I haven't seen in a few years, and I'm not entirely sure how viable it is these days. Having formed this opinion on just one mage isn't quite enough, so, I'd like some feedback. He was doing almost 1300dps as 0/0/0 spec, with only a 5k gearscore. His single target was through the roof as well. (900). When asked about the spec, this mage replied that he'd rolled like that for a while and didn't like change. "It just works for me", he said seriously.

also, the VTK failed. don't ask me how. but it failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, sarcasm?

Very disappointed was hoping to here an idea for a new tree.
    "Making brownies is more manly than Jesus." -Caleb Guzmen

Guide to Great Weight Loss and Muscle Growth. Completely free and written by yours truely.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post11680619

10+ Year Old Account
    I see... very clever...
    I see this thread getting locked for bashing and hate mongering. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed your sarcasm, but mods gotta do what mods gotta do.
    While its still open, however, your story brings back a memory of a malygos guild run back in the day where we had to pug a dps. This was when dk's were actually good for something other than frost dps, and I had a tank offspec. The raid leader was this prick from my guild that, despite us being close friends, didn't get along with me very well. Don't ask, I couldn't tell you if I tried. Anyway, he was always trying to convince others that my dps was shitty, and took this opportunity to do so.
    [raid]Guildie: Kayyla, I don't want to pug a tank and since you're the worst dps here you get to tank.
    [raid]Me: I'm the only dps with a tank spec, it doesn't matter even if I was the worst dps...
    [raid]Guidlie: STFU and tank
    so we pug another dk dps. We get one wipe in, and I realize the dk only did about 900dps. He's also dual wielding as 71/0/0.
    [raid]Me: OH HO HO! Great catch on this one, (guildie), this guy's a fucking star! Can't believe I thought I could compete with him!

10+ Year Old Account
    well my friends mage was doing 6k dps with 5k gs on his mage how come 1300 is so great? a single target of 900 dps omg that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadrone View Post
    well my friends mage was doing 6k dps with 5k gs on his mage how come 1300 is so great? a single target of 900 dps omg that sucks.
    Woosh=== <----thread
    Head---> (O.O)

Deleted
    Wait... what?

1300 dps with a talent set of 0/0/0 ?

There I was, thinking I was laying the sarcasm on too thick. lol, I guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohk View Post
    There I was, thinking I was laying the sarcasm on too thick. lol, I guess not.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid. ;D

I prefer the balanced 24/24/23 approach, imo its a winner
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

Quote Originally Posted by Maggeddon View Post
    I prefer the balanced 24/24/23 approach, imo its a winner
    As ele, I can pull off 2k dps only using Frost Shock. That's right, rawr.

This was back when TOC was only like 3 weeks old. /flex

edit - either 2k or 1.5k, it's been awhile since I checked my frost shock spam dps.
    Last edited by pomop; 2010-08-19 at 01:02 AM. Reason: dadfsfasddf
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

uqq