H SvSC vs. badge cloak

Hey all. I picked up the Heroic version of Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak today, and when I loaded up my rawr, it was really screwy. I have the survival caps set to Tier 10 (25) and it's telling me to gem straight Agi everywhere. It's for sure set to bear with my tanking spec, and the only thing I have changed since I last looked at it (suggesting Stam and Stam/Agi in red slots) was the AV ring went up to exalted (277) and the cloak. I have toyed around with it allot, putting it back to my gear when it was suggesting stam and stam/agi in red slots, but even then its showing straight agi. Also, the cloaks are messed up, as its showing the badge cloak as < the one from Frost Lord due to having the incorrect amount of armor. So at present, I'm not feeling like Rawr is going to give me the best answer. Heres my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak

So I have the H SvSC, and The Icebound Cloak (Frost Lord Ahune cloak, bonus armor 232 ilvl). As it sits Rawr has the Icebound leaps and bounds above any other cloak including HM Hallion, HM ICC 25, everything. As I said, Rawr is acting funky, so I thought I'd ask here (also, what gem, I'm guessing 30 stam, but not sure if the bonus is worth it).

Thanks a bunch. Peace.

Deleted
    Have you set "chill of the throne" and "hellscream/strenght of wrynn 6" on under the buff/debuff tab?

That should make rawr suggest you to gem sta in almost every alot (except awesome bonusses).

Also; armor is very valuable in icc

Deleted
    Also make sure to set the survival softcap a lot higher than the default value, otherwise rawr will think you have way more hp than you need, and thus suggest agi.

I had been setting the surv cap up, but checking of Warsong and CotT seems to fix it, but for some reason, icebound cloak is WAY above the frost badge tanking cloak even though its obviously not (badge cloak is a direct upgrade of all stats on the Icebound cloak from lord Ahune). Instead of having all the armor on it, Rawr has it listed as 177 armor+560 bonus armor, where on the icebound, its simply listed as 649 armor.

That being said, the Icebound cloak is WAY above hc SvSC, but I'm not sure I buy it. Rawr has a total value of 45628.97 with CotT and Warsong up in 25 man T10 raids. (14143.87mitigation, 29628.11 survival, 1856.99 Threat)=Icebound Cloak 649 armor 35 def 35 dodge 100 Stam 67 Str total value 45628.97
    (7616.43 Mitigation, 20699.19 Survival, 2420 Threat)= Sentinals Winter cloak 177 armor 560 bonus armor 48 def, 48 dodge, 90str 128 stam (30 stam gem)
    (7303.76 Mitigation, 17683.23 Survival, 5246.41 Threat) = H SvSC 185 Armor 102 Agi, 120 AP, 60 CSR, 68 Haste, 102 Stam (30 stam gem)

As it sits, the SvSC is just a breath away from the badge cloak on my bars, with the Icebound way above both (and all other HM ICC 25, hallion 25 HC, etc cloaks). My question is, is Rawr overvaluing the Icebound, or undervaluing the badge cloak? If its overvaluing the icebound, I'd be more than happy to stick with the Hc SvSC and switch out the badge cloak on heavy melee fights, but if its undervaluing the badge cloak, there seems no reason not to wear that at all times and just throw the other cloak for kitty.

Thanks for any insight. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    My question is, is Rawr overvaluing the Icebound
    Yes.

You even answered your own question, by pointing out how Rawr thinks it has 649 (base) armor.
    To quote a comment over on Wowhead: "for feral druids to get this right in Rawr, you must edit the item and set base armor to 159 and bonus armor to 490."

Thank you very much, that has been vexing me for a long while. Looks like I'll be keeping the H cloak on and switching out with badge cloak on melee intensive fights. Thanks a ton

Deleted
    Also; higher ilvl ---> more gearscore ---> more skill, amirite?

Tanking cloaks are for tanking and DPS cloaks are for DPS.

I'm stuck to that philosophy to be honest, the badge cloak IMO is leaps and bounds ahead of H SVSC in almost every fight in ICC. Now i don't advocate Stamina stacking, but it already has 22 more Stamina, Straight dodge rating (which does not suffer from DR) and defence rating (also useful), not to mention the added 552 more armor.

552 Armor + 22 Stamina + Pure dodge rating + Defence rating is too much to pass up on. Thats not to mention the fact that the tanking cloak has more AP on it (Minor SD absorb). Except for Saurfang, i dont see which fight the H SVSC would come out on top?

any fight where threat might be an issue, saurfang, dw hc, slimetanking on rottface, tanking dreamwalker adds, tanking adds on lootship hc (we use a fury warrior on our boat, so the extra threat is nice to get a quick lock on them). Granted, most times threat isnt an issue, really, but in a few fights, I'd prefer the extra threat to the extra mitigation/survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Tanking cloaks are for tanking and DPS cloaks are for DPS.

I'm stuck to that philosophy to be honest, the badge cloak IMO is leaps and bounds ahead of H SVSC in almost every fight in ICC. Now i don't advocate Stamina stacking, but it already has 22 more Stamina, Straight dodge rating (which does not suffer from DR) and defence rating (also useful), not to mention the added 552 more armor.

552 Armor + 22 Stamina + Pure dodge rating + Defence rating is too much to pass up on. Thats not to mention the fact that the tanking cloak has more AP on it (Minor SD absorb). Except for Saurfang, i dont see which fight the H SVSC would come out on top?

Maybe it's somehow different for Druids, but dodge does indeed suffer from DR.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.